Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Does U16 Come Out For Xbox One

popunh2099

Question

16 answers to this question

The pc is kinda the stomping ground for new updates, hotfixes, bugs etc.

When de sends an update out for warframe xbox or ps3, its gotta go from DE  to Microsoft/Sony, where they do their checks for various things console related, and then they send out the update.

The time between the Pc release, The release to microsoft and sony, and then finally you on the console takes quite a bit of time.

So yea, itll be a minute.

I've been playing this game for a little over a year now. Started on PC for a few weeks then the PS4 version dropped and switched over to that platform due to all my friends being on there. So i have seen my share of updates on the PS4 and PC side 

Here is my observation over the year:

PC gets updates pushed first

Soon after like 10 to 15 minutes later they get a hot fix another hour or so later they get another hot fix etc.... this will continue for weeks!!!!!!

A few weeks into the update things will calm down no hot fixes to major game breaking issues PC users will soon feel neglected and will start complaining on "we need more content".

At this time DE will put together a Package for the Console ports making any customized changes (console specific button mapping etc etc) this part of the process can take a few weeks or a few days pending on if more game breaking bugs are found on PC during this process which would then need to be added to the package prolonging the package from going "GOLD"

Once the package is considered in the "GOLD" stage, It is submitted to the G2 (Yes that's right Microsoft and Sony) Sony and Microsoft will run the update on a console and scan it for console virus, bad coding anything that can cause a crash or harm to the console or its users. this process once submitted into the G2's hands takes 7 to 10 days 

typical time line for PC to Consoles release:

1 month to 1 month and a half

The thing to understand is that DE is basically using the PC community as a bunch of beta testers, letting them figure out what bugs might have slipped through the cracks of their internal testing process. Once they feel confident that everything is good, they submit it to Microsoft and Sony, where it gets vetted for console-specific problems before distribution. Since the patch with Chroma just came out, it's still being "stress-tested" by the PC community for issues.