Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Maglev With Rush In Pvp?

Rakshal

Personally, I find that Rush offers more in the way of movement than Maglev. Rush effects sprinting and wall running where as Maglev just effects sliding (which is a mechanic that most people seem to have a problem with for some reason). I would personally like Rush to replace Maglev in the PvP mod selection (or at least add Rush and not replace Maglev for maximum speed).

Also from my experience, Rush makes parkour more viable than coptering (with out melee speed increase powers or mods).  :v

Thoughts?

Why not both? I feel like a turtle compared to the old Conclave.

inb4 people complaining about PvP being too fast paced.

I don't know, I guess this is just me trying to compromise for people who hate butt scooting I guess. :v

I feel like a turtle too. >.< Before PvP 2.0 I felt that conclave was much more fast paced compared to PvE (with the same mods equiped), now it has completely switched because PvE has Rush.

GottaGoFast

Edited by Rakshal

I have to say that I feel the opposite. Rush provides only a small boost while Maglev is far more significant and useful. I find Maglev to be indispensable on slow frames, whereas rush isn't much help on anyone.

Maglev is probably one of the most underrated mods in the entire game.

First you moan that you can't hit people with an arrow, then you propose to put in Rush..

I personally think it's a wrong idea.

Thanks for being constructive. :/

And I never said I can't hit people with a bow, I said they are useless now. :/

Edited by Rakshal

I feel that with Coptering and the "Slide-a-pult", I think Rush isn't necessary right now. Maybe when Parkour 2.0 comes out and changes the whole mobility mechanic for PVP I can see it being useful, but as it stands right now more speed probably would cause more problems than solve in the grand scheme of balance. 

As an alternative, if it only boosts the overall speed of a frame by say Ten Percent I don't see it being too threatening or problematic. I will say though that there are other problems to face before releasing that mod in particular.

Edited by Dojutrek

Thinking more about this, I think I know why Maglev is in but Rush is not.

Rush is a general movespeed increase. This takes no skill or player action into account, it just makes you faster. Everyone will run it, and you will be at a disadvantage if you don't. In the talks about PvP 2.0 before release, DE appeared to be against these sorts of base-stat boosts.

Maglev, on the other hand, relies on player skill to be useful. It is a very strong mod in the right hands, but it is useless to a player that doesn't know how to use it properly. This makes it not a mandatory mod, as most people won't find it very useful, but still available for those who love it. This increases build variety.

Rush is a general movespeed increase. This takes no skill or player action into account, it just makes you faster. Everyone will run it, and you will be at a disadvantage if you don't. In the talks about PvP 2.0 before release, DE appeared to be against these sorts of base-stat boosts.

Maglev, on the other hand, relies on player skill to be useful. It is a very strong mod in the right hands, but it is useless to a player that doesn't know how to use it properly. This makes it not a mandatory mod, as most people won't find it very useful, but still available for those who love it. This increases build variety.

Do you mind providing source for that DE citation, I'm interested in what was said during it. Also, great insight and I agree with the idea of General boosts being a negative to the overall PVP scene.

I don't consider holding shift and then control exactly skillful, and both are mandatory because there are so few mods to choose from.

If DE nerf copter then having both is good lol

Copter changes aren't coming for a while (specifically until parkour 2.0 which I assume is in U17). The damage it does has already been nerfed to.

Edited by Rakshal

If I had to have 1 or the other, Then no doubt; Rush.

But both would be the way to go.

Conclave 1.0 was exciting because of the movement speed, kills were rewarding at such a pace; Especially against the likes of RexSol, Lord_Noctus and Rak, now.. well it's like running in slow-mo.

I'm being drawn into playing in a style which feels cheap and skilless.

First you moan that you can't hit people with an arrow, then you propose to put in Rush..

I personally think it's a wrong idea.

Whoa whoa whoa "First you moan that you can't hit people with an arrow". please keep the ego battles out of the forums~ 

Also totally in agreement with adding rush. Keep the game moving a little bit faster and more fluid. 

Edited by SoullessEgo