Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, Just Played Dark Sector And

This thread again.... Devs have stated that Dark Sector and Warframe only have some visual similarities and are unrelated. Please use the search function and determine whether what you want to post hasn't been posted 100,000 times already.

This thread again.... Devs have stated that Dark Sector and Warframe only have some visual similarities and are unrelated. Please use the search function and determine whether what you want to post hasn't been posted 100,000 times already.

Except that, you know, Hayden (The main character of Dark Sector, and the user of the "Excalibur Warframe") had "Tenno" for his last name. Hayden Tenno. I doubt they are completely unrelated.

Except that, you know, Hayden (The main character of Dark Sector, and the user of the "Excalibur Warframe") had "Tenno" for his last name. Hayden Tenno. I doubt they are completely unrelated.

Your thinking wrong.

Its not that they are related.

Warframe is just inspired by Dark Sector and tried to use some of its influence to build upon warframe.

They are two different games, otherwise it would becalled Dark Sector online?

i think Hayden Tenno practically originated the warframe outfits, aka the God of the tenno

well at least that gives some confirmation that tenno are humans on the inside

Look at the warframe cryopods.

We know they are human.

BUt are they clones?  or aliens?  we dont know

Your thinking wrong.

Its not that they are related.

Warframe is just inspired by Dark Sector and tried to use some of its influence to build upon warframe.

They are two different games, otherwise it would becalled Dark Sector online?

If I remember correctly, which I very well may not, I recall something about Warframe being what they wanted Dark Sector to be. Can't remember where I read it, may not be true, but may be true as well.

Steve said that Warframe resides within the Dark Sector universe.

The difference between the two being Warframe takes place far far far into the future after Dark Sector.

So Hayden has long since died...

This game is Legacy of Dark Sector, with much story still in development

Steve said that Warframe resides within the Dark Sector universe.

The difference between the two being Warframe takes place far far far into the future after Dark Sector.

So Hayden has long since died...

This game is Legacy of Dark Sector, with much story still in development

....... Steve has NEVER said that. EVER.

I asked him in council, that was his response.

aside from Hayden being dead yadda yadda

A long long time after Dark Sector was what he said, he was trying to be vague but still answer the question.

I was on the side of the two games being separate before steve answered my question.

In his defense he was trying to vaguely answer the question when asked if they were related at all, the difference being the time in which they take place.

Edited by Hellscare

There are a lot of other things from Dark Sector too, like the Stalker and Jackal. I'm just surprised they haven't had a "Nemesis" inspired Warframe or boss. It would be kinda fun throwing the double-edge sword though some Grineer's chest, and don't forget it had a shield.

nemesisk.png

There are a lot of other things from Dark Sector too, like the Stalker and Jackal. I'm just surprised they haven't had a "Nemesis" inspired Warframe or boss. It would be kinda fun throwing the double-edge sword though some Grineer's chest, and don't forget it had a shield.

nemesisk.png

Hell yeah, I'd stand on that.

You know, people keep saying this, but I've never actually seen them link a source.

You know, people keep saying this, but I've never actually seen them link a source.

I'll see if I can find it. But DE_Steve stated a while back in a thread similar to this one that they were unrelated. Of course, this was before they really had anyone actually working on the lore so things may have changed. I've yet to see any Dev say that it has though.

Edited by Avenwing

Nemesis looks like an old Nyx to be honest...

On another note I always felt the Tenno were brothers and sisters, or a big family. Like maybe they are human, but their last name is Tenno and only their blood line can use the Warframes. If you ever listen to tales of ninjas in Japan. Some ninja families swear loyalty to noble families. Maybe the Lotus Family was some kind of ruling family along time ago and the Tenno who were a clan of ninjas swore loyalty to them along time ago.

And similar to the way Neji and Hinata from Naruto are from two different branches maybe the Tenno broke into separate clans that are like branches of one ninja clan.

This is what is correct, to the best of my knowledge.

You are forgetting that not the Tenno are the original builders of the Warframes. The first (Prime) Warframes are of Orokin origin and the Tenno (or the Organisation Lotus works for) rebuild the designs they found as old relics of the Orokin era and the Tenno use these (weaker) Warframes.