The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban - Bounce

Maracuja

Hey! Sorry for my bad English in advance :)

Vaubans Bounce ability is kinda useless. There is no scenario where the bounce skill is needed (except trolling). This skill also removes the parkour element of the game. I understand that this skill should help you to get out of dangerous situations but I never caught myself using this ability. Vauban isnt tanky at all, thats why he should have at least one low cost "defense ability". 

Vauban is an utility Warframe and we should take that into account. My idea is simple but it fits Vauban better:

Vauban throws a grenade which detonates and pushes all enemies aways. Enemies are slowed for a short duration of time OR enemies are knocked down.

With this ability you could push back enemies away from your teammates (while they revive someone else). You could protect the Crypod in defense missions.

Mara

EDIT: I understand that alot of you guys really enjoy that skill. And its NOT my intention to take that that fun away from you. I just think that this skill is a "lets talk about that" topic.

Edited by Maracuja

Bounce is great for utility. For example...

In case you fall down and want to get back up to a higher ledge quickly, why not Bounce up?

Extremely dangerous enemies coming through a chokepoint? Use Bounce and stun them.

The possibilities are endless!

...And for all those saying it is useless, you are uncreative. Things cannot be press 4 to win all the time. I would honestly love if Loki had an ability such as Bounce.

...And Bounce makes parkour useless? HA! Bounce makes even more possibilities for parkour! I have used Bounce to get over a crowd of enemies and then wall run around the rest of the room.

Edited by TheStag

Not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all.  I'm defnitely not opposed to this idea when looking at it objectively, however I can't give you a +1 here solely due to personal preference.

While not exactly "efficient" Bounce in its current state can provide some interesting uses depending on map layout, forcing enemies out of their normal path and thus slowing their advance drastically.  It's a very odd thing to do, but it's laso a very rare trait.  There are three frames who each have an ability that can, to a degree, replicate this but within limiters that Bounce does not possess.  Valkyr's Ripline, Loki's Switch Teleport, and Nova's Wormhole.

Unlike those skills, Bounce doesn't have a hard limitation in terms of personal positioning to accomplish this specific thing.

However, as noted, I'm not exactly opposed to the change you've suggested.  I can't be for it either though, seeing as I rather enjoy the current state of Bounce.

Edit;  Fixed a poorly worded sentence.

Edited by Bobtm

Bounce is great for utility. For example...

In case you fall down and want to get back up to a higher ledge quickly, why not bounce up?

Extremely dangerous enemies coming through a chokepoint? Use bounce and stun them.

That would work in case you can somehow manage to bounce in the right direction (after 5 seconds of preperation). And its not that quick either. Usually you end up pressing 4. I think that my Idea is the better (or more reliable) option in that kind of situations. 

Well, instead of making it the "panic button" (which really is what Bastille and Vortex is for), I'd like to suggest for it to just become BETTER at what it does: Focusing on denying singular targets more reliably (while also becoming better at AoE CC). That, while also keeping in line with his "high tech" style, giving it an anti-gravity feeling. Thus I propose this (taken from my Warfram Tweak thread)

* Bounce - Allies need to jump from or hold the jumpbutton while walking over a Bounce pad to activate it.

For enemies: Instead of multiproccing magnetic effects, deals 100/150/200/250 Blast damage to the activating enemy and 50% of that damage in a 2/3/4/5 meter radius to other nearby enemies, as well as knocking them down (this Blast-effect is also triggered when an ally uses it!). Once an enemy is launched, it will then be suspended in the air, at the peak of its launch, for up to 7/8/9/10 seconds or until a new enemy activates the same Bounce trap. When the enemy is let go from its suspension (no matter if by expiration or another enemy retriggering the trap), it is launched straight down with force, suffering 100/150/200/250 Impact upon landing, and 50% of that damage in a 2/3/4/5 meter radius to other nearby enemies and knocking them down. If the target collides with any other enemy (both on upwards and downwards launch), 20/30/40/50 Impact damage is dealt to each involved enemy.

Note: Yes, this can juggle a single enemy up and down for a LONG time.

Power Strength - Increases damages dealt (New?)

Power Range - Affects damage radius (NEW!)

Power Duration - Affects enemy suspension time (NEW!)

What if bounce would still make you jump while pushing the enemies away after droping it (like I mentioned)? Instead it shouldt affect allies at all. I think that would make the 50 Energy worth it.

The issue is that those of us who aren't for this idea actually like how the skill currently effects enemies.  Having it do what you want means that it no longer does what we enjoy, so that's the issue.

As to which side is right?  That's not really possible to say with this sort of thing.  The change you're suggesting doesn't break Vauban, which is something many suggestions around here could learn from.  However, you can't expect everyone to enjoy doing things the same way.

Edit in regards to Azamagon's idea;  That sounds quite interesting, though I do have a question.  How does your bounce trap work when placed on other planes than merely the floor?  Will it slam foes into the ceiling/walls?

Very cool idea for sure.  It still doesn't do the same thing as current bounce, but I like it much better than the idea suggested by Maracuja due to how it operates hypothetically.

Edited by Bobtm

Edit in regards to Azamagon's idea;  That sounds quite interesting, though I do have a question.  How does your bounce trap work when placed on other planes than merely the floor?  Will it slam foes into the ceiling/walls?

Very cool idea for sure.  It still doesn't do the same thing as current bounce, but I like it much better than the idea suggested by Maracuja due to how it operates hypothetically.

Well, if the "peak" is a ceiling, wall or floor, yes, it will slam them right in there and hold them there for quite a long while :)

Well, if the "peak" is a ceiling, wall or floor, yes, it will slam them right in there and hold them there for quite a long while :)

While I admittedly enjoy the current workings of Bounce, your idea is very interesting indeed.  It's defnitely something I'd enjoy playing with and seeing how well it feels if given the opprotunity.

I like your idea but I think its way to complicated. It should be simple and quick. The problem with Vauban is that there is no way to escape if he is surrounded (except pressing 3 or 4 but thats what we always do). For a Frame that is not tanky at all thats a huge problem.
I like the Idea with activacting the bounce ability instead of beeing launched without permission.