Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or

superbot34

do i get knocked down in the middle of combos by heavy grineer even when i shouldn't be knocked down? i was using the ripkas and really enjoying them, then realized i would get knocked down and shredded to bits even in the middle of a combo by a heavy grineer or shield lancer. 

i heard it was a stealth nerf, ie a nerf they don't mention in hotfixes, but is this really true, or do the ripkas just have 0 knockdown resistance?

i really don't see the logic behind it if it's intended, because that discourages melee gameplay against grineer. which is sad, because i really do like the ripkas, it makes me feel awesome until i fall flat on my face trying to do a combo on a heavy grineer. 

Well melee gameplay has several problems apart from that, its still not endgame-viable and just lacks tactic. In dark souls for example melee works because of planning learning and tactic, things that are impossible because we always fight at least 5 enemies at once. I mean melee doesnt even damage boss weakspots.

Knockdowns in combos are just another nail in the coffin.

Combat in Warframe = broken.

Edited by Genoscythe

Both Claw weapons suffer from no stagger/knockdown resistance, and they've never had any. It's the reason I always ran Handspring when using Venka. A few other melee types lack it too, I'm sure, but it is very noticeable with the Claws.

Melee is indeed not endgame worthy, but to prevent one of its biggest problems the knockdowns use one of the options:

Block, when you see opponents starts to slam, block usually it works but it may eat up stamina.

Use Warframe which have abilities to prevent knockdowns ( Iron skin , Link etc... ).

And lastly if you can use slide attack just when enemy uses slam attack, it is risky and very short on time frame but you can fool the game and having your animation to finish and basically never get knocked in the first place.

Edited by Ognj

Melee is indeed not endgame worthy, but to prevent one of its biggest problems the knockdowns use one of the options:

Block, when you see opponents starts to slam, block usually it works but it may eat up stamina.

Use Warframe which have abilities to prevent knockdowns ( Iron skin , Link etc... ).

And lastly if you can use slide attack just when enemy uses slam attack, it is risky and very short on time frame but you can fool the game and having your animation to finish and basically never get knocked in the first place.

Or you could roll. Rolling has an anim lock so youll eat the slam, but be completely unaffected. 

You are supposed to be knocked down if you're on the ground when heavys do there slam. Some weapons ignore the knockdown, whether by design or bug I don't know, these include (of the ones I've tested) Reaper prime, Jat kitag, and Scindo. So I'm guessing it might be heavy weapons, I could be wrong though.

in the middle of a combo you can't block, so that dosn't solve the issue. 

You are supposed to be knocked down if you're on the ground when heavys do there slam. Some weapons ignore the knockdown, whether by design or bug I don't know, these include (of the ones I've tested) Reaper prime, Jat kitag, and Scindo. So I'm guessing it might be heavy weapons, I could be wrong though.

it makes all light melee worthless against grineer