Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Let Us Buy Warframe Part Bps For Plat.

Xylia

Could you guys please add individual blueprints to the Market for Platnium?

Seriously, I've killed Jackal more than 50 times, and I've gotten the following:

5 Helmets

2 Chassis

0 Systems

I am honestly so freaking sick of Fossa/Jackal, but yet I don't really want to plunk down nearly 400 plat to get Rhino when I have Rhino 90% complete. That's just silly, right?

But yet I am getting so tired of this mission that it is making me consider quitting the game altogether because of the ridiculously terrible double RNG to get the Rhino Systems Blueprint.

So, why not do something like this instead?

Put each individual Blueprint in the Market for Platinum, maybe 20 Plat Each for the Helmet, Chassis, and Systems blueprints. You'd still need to farm all those materials to make Rhino that way, which means you still have to put the work in, but if the boss REFUSES to drop one of the blueprints (usually Systems), then you could shell out a little Plat to get Rhino sometime this Year. Preferrably before you lose interest in the game altogether.

I cannot count the number of times I've joined public Jackal games where everybody is going "I wish Systems would drop sometime" "I've been farming all day and no Systems" and of course the ever-common "WTF? No Blueprint? LAME!" after the kill.

I'm tired of Circuits, Circuits Circuits every stinking time I kill Jackal. And if he does drop BP, it is probably going to be another stupid helmet anyways which I have zero use for.

So please.... for the sake of sanity of players everywhere, allow us to buy that one blueprint that refuses to drop for a reasonable amount of plat. Seriously.

That or tweak the drop rates.

I mean, honestly, devs? How many times do you think we should have to hear the same voice acted dialogue, do the same mission and kill the same boss to get a Warframe?

I think 50+ times is a little excessive, especially when the resource rewards aren't even all that great, if you can actually get a public group that will give you time to open lockers and junk. 1700 credits + 1 resource drop isn't enough to make me want to kill Jackal another 50 times it'd probably take for the stupid thing to drop....

Edited by Xylia

While I don't mind the idea of selling portions of a warframe,

Realistically, the mats needed for warframes are a dime a dozen

So really, a blueprint for a piece of rhino represents 1/3rd the value of rhino.

Add some markup, since you're obviously desperate for it.

I reckon 150 a piece for the 375 warframes would be a lot more fair.

That said, I think you should just farm it up like everyone else.

If you want Platinum... PAY UP!

There is nothing more to say.

Next.

And the award for "Looked like the biggest dipS#&$ having not read the OP" goes to.....

Namacyst!

Congratluations namacyst, how do you feel upon winning "The ignoranty"

No. I do not agree with buying warframe parts and all that shizzle or selling them for platinum. After you farm your desired warframe it seems to be more awesome than initally thought. In fact I want everything to come rarer, such as the glaive I was happy to see it on alert only, makes it more desirable. Think about that.

i think that one part should be worth around 50% of the total platium needed to buy the warframe. This way you farm all you can and at the end of hope you just go buy the damn part that you're missing.

Less than 40% would make people just buy all 3 parts for less than the actual price.

I wouldn't mind. I personally wouldn't dip for this particular plat-item, but I can't fault people for hating the RNG. Sometimes that thing is just unfair.

And the award for "Looked like the biggest dipS#&$ having not read the OP" goes to.....

Namacyst!

Congratluations namacyst, how do you feel upon winning "The ignoranty"

The whole point of platinum is that it's a premium currency , only availiable by using real money. This would undermine the value of platinum, so it is EXTREMELY unlikely that the devs will ever do this.

A challenger appears.

i think that one part should be worth around 50% of the total platium needed to buy the warframe. This way you farm all you can and at the end of hope you just go buy the damn part that you're missing.

Less than 40% would make people just buy all 3 parts for less than the actual price.

Don't forget that buying it premade removes the need to farm and gives you a free potato. 

Edited by Lumireaver

The whole point of platinum is that it's a premium currency , only availiable by using real money. This would undermine the value of platinum, so it is EXTREMELY unlikely that the devs will ever do this.

Seems like you didn't actually read the post

Perhaps, allow players to purchase an "Unknown warframe blueprint"

They then roll a table containing each of the varius warframes out there.

Have it cost either some ludicrous ammount of credits, or a reasonable number of platinum.

Just like farming bosses, but with money.

You may get unlucky and end up with 16 mag chassis/16 attempts.

or you may get the piece you need.

I'm not so sure, because if you buy the complete Warframe, it also comes with a reactor and slot. Also, you can use it immediately, and don't have to wait 3 days.

Perhaps, allow players to purchase an "Unknown warframe blueprint"

They then roll a table containing each of the varius warframes out there.

Have it cost either some ludicrous ammount of credits, or a reasonable number of platinum.

Just like farming bosses, but with money.

You may get unlucky and end up with 16 mag chassis/16 attempts.

or you may get the piece you need.

Now that's a great idea! As solution for the arbitrary RNG based blueprint drops, you introduce an arbitrary RNG based lottery! BRILLIANT!

Edited by zagibu

Now that's a great idea! As solution for the unfair RNG based blueprint drops, you introduce an unfair RNG based lottery! BRILLIANT!

You know what, you get what you get.

Nobody should be able to get everything they want whenever they want unless they fork out the money for specifically that reason.

Why would anyone buy warframes if they were easy to get?

I do think this is a good idea - I suggested it myself in my earlier days on the forums - though the price of each individual part does need to be at least 1/3 of the price of the Warframe. While true that it comes with a potato and a slot, I don't think people are thinking of that when they purchase a new Warframe as much as they're thinking that they want to try a new Warframe.

It's something that could certainly help with DE's profits, though. I'm sure there are plenty of frustrated people who can't get that last Warframe part (and people unwilling to pay the full price), and they probably outnumber the people who would just buy the Warframe outright.

On that note, you should probably change the thread title.

Now that's a great idea! As solution for the unfair RNG based blueprint drops, you introduce an unfair RNG based lottery! BRILLIANT!

I know you're being sarcastic, but the word you're after isn't "unfair", it's "arbitrary".

Sarcastic is great, but sarcastic and RIGHT is AWESOME!

Edited by Armanant

While I don't mind the idea of selling portions of a warframe,

Realistically, the mats needed for warframes are a dime a dozen

So really, a blueprint for a piece of rhino represents 1/3rd the value of rhino.

Add some markup, since you're obviously desperate for it.

I reckon 150 a piece for the 375 warframes would be a lot more fair.

That said, I think you should just farm it up like everyone else.

Given that you pay 375 for a potatoed frame with free frame slot, I'd say that paying 130 a piece is more reasonable. Both potato AND slot are a total of 40, so it's fair to say that you are already paying quite a bit more even if the total cost per blueprint is 125 (375 divided by 3).

Both potato and slots are worth more than their value in-game anyway (slots doubly so).

Edited by matrixEXO

i think they should re-title the thread. It's too confusing.

It should say, "Allow us to buy Warframe Part BPs for Platinum"

That's what they want to say.

But I disagree.

So you just need to farm a little to get a discount? I do not think so. If you wanna go plat, go plat. If you wanna farm, go farm. Can't be half and half.

"Oh I got banshee parts, just need the helm. Oh you know what, lemme just buy one for 50 plat. So instead of paying 225 for the frame i just need to pay 50."

No, its to easy to farm blue prints.

No, it's too hard to get what you want. I farmed my Ash over 1 month to get my systems (which gave me over 50 other Ash blueprints). If you say that it's THAT easy, then prove it by farming all the frames' blueprints and then compile an average time taken to farm a frame's complete set.

i think they should re-title the thread. It's too confusing.

It should say, "Allow us to buy Warframe Part BPs for Platinum"

That's what they want to say.

But I disagree.

So you just need to farm a little to get a discount? I do not think so. If you wanna go plat, go plat. If you wanna farm, go farm. Can't be half and half.

"Oh I got banshee parts, just need the helm. Oh you know what, lemme just buy one for 50 plat. So instead of paying 225 for the frame i just need to pay 50."

Price wasn't fully written down. Don't jump to conclusions.

This is an effective way to kill the game

It's an effective way to frustrate players.

RNG is fine if it does not go overboard, like how BPs tend to do. Killing enemies for mods are okay because there are TONS of enemies that will eventually drop mods, even if they aren't desired but still can be used. Boss is only one per mission and that coupled with RNG factor and no-drop possibility causes tons of problems and hassle.

Edited by matrixEXO