Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Lotus Really Is?

_Chaser

it says that prime warframes are original design from orokin era. should not we be survivors of orokin era? why our frames are different if we are supposed to be from that era?

just another clue that we are replica of old lost race

Edited by n7snk

it says that prime warframes are original design from orokin era. should not we be survivors of orokin era? why our frames are different if we are supposed to be from that era?

just another clue that we are replica of old lost race

Perhaps...

We are the creation of misguided attempts by the lotus to recreate the Tenno. She is using us to re-create the once glorious Orokin empire.

Perhaps...

We are the creation of misguided attempts by the lotus to recreate the Tenno. She is using us to re-create the once glorious Orokin empire.

hey wait bro! you got brainwashed ?!

isn't it logical that corpus or another faction decided to re-create old gone faction to get grineer and other corpus clans out of picture?

all tenno are gone. none of us were awaken from cryosleep. we were created.

Edited by n7snk

Does it matter? Do  we, as Tenno, have the RIGHT to question our orders?

Do we UNDERSTAND everything that goes into those orders, the why's and wherefore's and might be's?

Do WE have all the information?

The answer to all of these must be 'No'.

So, I obey. I watch, I listen, I learn. If, and I do say if the Lotus does betray our Code, then I will act. Until then, honor demands no less than everything I am.

I am Tenno.

Actually, we do have the right.

Tenno are still people, humanoid beings. They have a Code of Honour and have a sense of Chivalry, if Lotus suddenly said "Kill this defenseless woman" would you do it? Based on what you just said Kalenath, you would :P

Another point that you just made me think of.

Just where are these orders coming from? Why is Lotus wanting us to sabotage this ship or assassinate this person? Lotus does say a reason as to why we are doing this, but why us (the Tenno)?

So. Many. Questions!

Edited by BearlyKoalified

Does it matter? Do  we, as Tenno, have the RIGHT to question our orders?

Do we UNDERSTAND everything that goes into those orders, the why's and wherefore's and might be's?

Do WE have all the information?

The answer to all of these must be 'No'.

So, I obey. I watch, I listen, I learn. If, and I do say if the Lotus does betray our Code, then I will act. Until then, honor demands no less than everything I am.

I am Tenno.

so you are okay that whole your existance is one big lie, that all tenno were originaly extinguished during great war, that you never was put into cryosleep but was born in it, that you are not original tenno but it's replica and that you blindly follow orders of an AI that was create in this age to push grineer and corpus out of the picture?

is that correct?

well the only problem with my concept that i realised just now is :

it's too familiar to mass effect lol.

lotus ai - reapers

replica of long gone race (tenno) - protheans

mehh and i thought that i was brainfarting something original. dam!

they were right when they said: when you high you think you are suddenly become creative.

anyway, back to nuzzling rubedo.

Edited by n7snk

so you are okay that whole your existance is one big lie, that all tenno were originaly extinguished during great war, that you never was put into cryosleep but was born in it, that you are not original tenno but it's replica and that you blindly follow orders of an AI that was create in this age to push grineer and corpus out of the picture?

is that correct?

No.

I don't really see how its too familiar to Mass Effect.

The Protheans existed but were

. The Tenno were not

, they were instead put into cryosleep and lost.

Lotus AI = Reapers? .... I'm confused.

= You should know if you played Mass Effect.

Edited by BearlyKoalified

I don't really see how its too familiar to Mass Effect.

The Protheans existed but were

. The Tenno were not

, they were instead put into cryosleep and lost.

Lotus AI = Reapers? .... I'm confused.

= You should know if you played Mass Effect.

the whole concept is here and yeah it sadly match entirely.

is that correct?

i'm dissapointed in myself, but i see no other explanation that may close the gaps.

the major problem is if we were put in cryosleep during orokin era, why our frames differ from prime frames?

that hint very precisely that we are not original tenno. just as the fact that we don't remember anything what happened in the past before cryosleep, because we never experienced the great war and we were born in these pods. and that we are replicas of tenno.

very valid explanation of different look, amnesia, lack of skills and battle experience.

Edited by n7snk

As long as I can stalk my favorite Grineer, I'm fine with Lotus... that if she doesn't send anyone to kill me for disobeying, too...

Anyway This is a really interesting idea! but some how I still think what we see in the transmission during the mission is 'someone' hooked up to a big giant computer-ish AI thingy [hurdurr I dunno what it's called] which is Lotus and speaks in behalf of it. 

I think the Prime frames are the Super Prototype versions that the first Tenno used prior to or as they made the order, and the normal frames are the mass produced ones that became more commonly used due to ease of construction.

Edited by KrisStrife

I think the Prime frames are the Super Prototype versions that the first Tenno used prior to or as they made the order, and the normal frames are the mass produced ones that became more commonly used due to ease of construction.

Well in the last livestream the devs did say that Primes mere made by the Orokin and the regular frames were made by Tenno.

Since they woke up, or before they went to sleep?

I would say before they woke up since the Tenno are actually in the Warframes in the Cryopod, hence 'Warframe Cryopod'. So that would most likely mean that the 'regular Warframes' ie; Ember, Loki, Mag etc were mass produced at some stage after the Prime Warframes were 'lost'. I say 'lost' because I believe the blueprints, in the lore, to have actually been lost.

Did they say the regular frames were made by Tenno? I watched the Livestream and I just remember that the Primes were made in the Orokin Era. It could be said that the Orokin supplied the Tenno with the means and resources to build Warframes.

• 1 month later...

Stalker-1.jpg This time I brought the funnel.

not today stalker not today iv been hunting you the stalker has become the stalked

though wouldn't it be funny if in fact the stalker was the good guy and the lotus was evil what if the stalker is the last of the orokin and the lotus is a sentential wouldn't that be a plot twist 

I was waiting for this to pop up, I considered posting it in General Discussion myself but I guess Fan Zone is a suitable place.

I agree with the idea that Lotus is actually part of a group, not a group herself. A higher power so to say.

Firstly to get this out of the way;

"also, did you ever noticed that ship AI systems voice and tone sounds surprisingly like lotus?

or when she says "lotus will be pleased" ?"

The ship AI systems could be just coincidence, as in DE decided to just use Rebecca's voice for the Ship systems for whatever reason. As for the second part, she actually says "the Lotus will be pleased". I've noticed this being said mainly on Corpus missions, mostly. I heard this and actually asked DESteve (good ol' Steve), and he said that it was basically an 'audio typo' or that's what I believed he was meaning (I could be wrong). So yes it could be an 'audio typo' but the fact that something like "the Lotus will be pleased" is kind of hard to turn into an 'audio typo', in my opinion anyway, and this began my thinking into Lotus actually just being a cover.

Secondly, explaining my Lotus theory.

As mentioned, I believe Lotus is a cover for something, or someone, else. She is an AI, but not just the simple AI that most of us see in other games, think of her like Cortana from Halo (a female program, literally) but with an actual humanoid body (this part could be optional). Why do I say she is an AI? Well, the 'upload me' is rather obvious - how many humans can enter a data stream of a computer system? Zero. That would indicate that Lotus would need to have some sort of programming capabilities in order to; 1)break through data security, 2)advanced knowledge of various ship data systems and 3)have Orbital Wi-Fi. See, we don't actually physical see Lotus instead she appears on the HUD (aka inside your helmet) - another reasons as to why she is an AI - and she also has the ability to be uploaded into a mainframe from a data device. Those three points means she is an Artificial Intelligience of some degree, most similar to Cortana from Halo (but more awesome (no offence Halo fans)).

Now onto my Lotus Theory Part 2.

I have said that Lotus may actually just be a cover as I mentioned with the whole 'audio typo' thing. Now, let's all take a step back shall we? First ask yourselves this; "Why are the Tenno in cryopods?" and also "Why is Lotus suddenly freeing the Tenno?" I bet that made you think. and you want more answers, but let's just stick with 'who is Lotus'. Now, one person or AI would find it extremely hard to search the universe (keep in mind this is just not our own universe) to find the Tenno and free them. So, what if Lotus was actually working for someone. A higher power with the means and resources to search for and reawaken the Tenno with Lotus being the midway woman, the 'link' between Tenno and 'Group'. This group could very well be other Tenno. I quote the Lore;

Tenno descend from an ancient civilization that lived on earth in the Orokin era, known as great warriors that utilized warframe technology. They are the last remnants of their race, awakened from cryosleep for an unknown purpose. - Official Site

The current force of Tenno are survivors of a past conflict. - Official Site

The Lotus, a female of unknown origins, has close links to the Tenno and their technology. She was able to not only deactivate the cryostasis on the Tenno but has great knowledge of the warframes and their unique powers. - Official Site

(The above quotes can be found in the Warframe Lore Discussion located in the General Discussion section.)

My friends, my fellow Tenno.

There is more to this than we know and suspect. Lotus! More than meets the eye!

or she could be a ai with a humanoid body like Andromeda from well Andromeda she was the ships ai and yet had a avatar or humanoid body that could function anywhere in the galaxy and she could detect enemy's and accesses computers ships and all that Edited by Archangelzz

the whole concept is here and yeah it sadly match entirely.

i'm dissapointed in myself, but i see no other explanation that may close the gaps.

the major problem is if we were put in cryosleep during orokin era, why our frames differ from prime frames?

that hint very precisely that we are not original tenno. just as the fact that we don't remember anything what happened in the past before cryosleep, because we never experienced the great war and we were born in these pods. and that we are replicas of tenno.

very valid explanation of different look, amnesia, lack of skills and battle experience.

well consider this the orokin themselves wielded the prime warframes and we the tenno who are not orokin wielded the normal versions of the warframes the orokin wielded the elite versions of the frames we wield the soldier or standard frames

• 4 weeks later...