Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Frames For Solo Play?

(XBOX)Shard77

Question

Afternoon Everyone,

Let me preface my question with a little information: I currently have a level 30 Excaliber and am in the process of building a Rhino.  I have some blueprints for Nyx, but not all.  My Braton is also at level 30 so I am building a Burston to keep upping my mastery.  For secondary and melee I'm using the free weapons we got for the anniversary (Both around level 15-20 right now).  I'm at mastery level 3.  For planets I've unlocked up to Jupiter so far and have played a couple of missions in the void.

I have no problem playing coop but, I don't belong to a clan and none of my Xbox friends play WF so I'm only able to play with randoms ATM.  Usually I don't have the patience to wait for a squad to form when I'm trying to unlock various nodes on each of the planets so I end up playing solo.  A lot of the missions this isn't a problem but capture, rescue, and excavation can be troublesome.  Plus, as I advance through the planets, I'm sure it's only going to get harder and harder.

So, after all that, my basic question is.....is there a particular frame or frames that is well suited to solo play, even for mid to late game?

For some reason, Mesa really appeals to me and seems like a fun frame to play, but she doesn't seem to be conducive to solo play....too squishy.

Any tips on frame and/or weapons to build would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by (XB1)Shard77

From what I've been reading, it seems like a lot of these good solo frames are dependent of some of the more powerful mods to achieve their true usefulness.  Right now my best mods are things like tier 6 Vitality and tier 3 Redirection.  Obviously I'm using several others on my Tier 30 Excal, but you guys get the idea.

At what point/location do the truly good mods start dropping?

Many of the best mods are the so-called "corrupted" mods.

Those can be gotten through a Vault Run on the Orokin Derelict.

To do a Vault Run, you need the following:

1) An Orokin Derelict key - I recommend Exterminate for Vault Runs. That requires Nav Coordinates, which drop from containers anywhere. You probably already have a few.

2) You also require Dragon Keys. The Blueprints are available on the market. The biggest problem is that to craft one, you need to sacrifice a Void Key.

3) Then you need to find a group to do a vault run. The group carries one of every type of Dragon Key - the key is required to open the Vault. Then you have to finish the mission to see what you've got.

On average, you will use up a Dragon Key once every four Vault Runs. Since there's quite a few corrupted mods and you will need some of them more than once (Blind Rage, I'm looking at you) you're going to use up a good number of Void Keys.

edit: The Derelict usually has Infested as your enemy, but you will regularly encounter Grineer or Corpus fighting against both the Infested and you. Also once the Vault is open, the remaining enemies will be Corrupted. Enemy levels are around 25-35, so they're not exactly pushovers.

Edited by steamrick

It's not a bad idea to get fleeting expertise, narrow minded, blind rage, overextended and transient fortitude (all unranked) from trade chat, it will increase ur warframe's effectiveness by alot. You are also going to want streamline, continuity, stretch, intensify and flow.

Look up how to get stuff on the wiki.

Also i have some advice, the most effective way to solo in this game is to just make sure that enemies cant attack you, large radial crowd control abilities are the way to success. To match this i also suggest that you dont use generic defense mods like redirection and vitality, because they are not necessary if you dont get hit, and if you get hit, then ur learning bad habits, because if you ever wanna go up against really high level enemies in endless missions, they will oneshot u even if u have all those silly defense mods.

From what I've been reading, it seems like a lot of these good solo frames are dependent of some of the more powerful mods to achieve their true usefulness.  Right now my best mods are things like tier 6 Vitality and tier 3 Redirection.  Obviously I'm using several others on my Tier 30 Excal, but you guys get the idea.

Do some excavation on cambria/tikal earth or survival on mercury. Survival and excavation also give key to enter the void.

Here the basic mods you should look for in the begining :

frame : flow/streamline/intensify/stretch/vitality/redirection/auras (steel fiber for some frame) 

primary(rifle) : serration/split chamber/elemental mods/speed triger

secondary : hornet strike/ barrel diffusion / elemental mods/gunslinger

melee : fury/point strike/elemental mods/stances

track alert that gives aura mod too :

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/

Like other said, rhino does a good job with cheap mods.

You don't really need the corrupted mod when you start, start looking for them when you have the one above.

Rhino will help you clear most of the starchart.

Lokl with continuity+constitution is a must. Both mods are cheap.

Rage drop from napalm or orokin container, not from nightmare mission.

Thanks m8 i missplaced it with Vigor, don't now why.

I already fix that.

Honestly think that i depends a lot on your play style.

For me, any would do just fine, but if you rather like to engage stealthy, Loki is your warframe.

^this, and the fact that he is available with slot and reactor for 75 plat, would be a wise investment for a newer player.

It may take a while to get the mods to make him awesome, but a half decent player will make the most of what is available with Lokis skill set and should be totally fine clearing the lower level nodes/planets.

Loki Prime(unlimited invis build, no need to explain this, if enemies cant see you most of the time, then your good), Mirage(hall of mirriors, eciplse, sleight of hands traps, and prisms stun), Limbo(damage increase from rift surge, rift walk to run away, catalysm to deal massive aoe damage, and his first ability to take out tough hard high level targets), Nova Prime(speed or slow build)(Molcular prime + high status viral weapons = almost instant death), Chroma(Fire Effigy build, constantly use flex armor, effigy, and elemental ward, and a great melee weapon, this requires more skill then the rest).

^this, and the fact that he is available with slot and reactor for 75 plat, would be a wise investment for a newer player.

It may take a while to get the mods to make him awesome, but a half decent player will make the most of what is available with Lokis skill set and should be totally fine clearing the lower level nodes/planets.

Do you know if this is available on pc for the same price?  If so might need to buy some plat when i get home