Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time To Shove Knowledge Down Each-Others Throats!

OverlordMcGeek

Count the number of cricket chirps in a 15-second period, add 37 to the total, and your result will be very close to the actual outdoor Fahrenheit temperature.

One-fourth of the world's population lives on less than $200 a year.  Ninety million people survive on less than $75 a year.

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.

In eighteenth-century English gambling dens, there was an employee whose only job was to swallow the dice if there was a police raid.

Decided to do 4 since I have been laggin behind.

Count the number of cricket chirps in a 15-second period, add 37 to the total, and your result will be very close to the actual outdoor Fahrenheit temperature.

78% of today's high school students can not do this simple math problem without the help of a calculator 

Neptune was actually discovered via mathematical prediction instead of observation. Uranus orbital path had been "disturbed" and researchers took notice of this. They came down to the conclusion that Newton's Law of Gravitation could not explain this phenomenon, but instead that the gravity of a nearby (farther to us) planet was causing this disturbance.

Edited by LazerSkink

Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land.  Although they are rapid, they are not agile.  So, if being chased by one, run in a zigzag line to lose him or her.

Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.

In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.  

A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel.

A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if a strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. This is true for all foods.

after updates to warframe 99.99978% of warframe players suffer from crashes

C'mon knock it off.

This thread was going well, I don't want it riddled with poor warframe fads.

Anyway, on average, a person will spend 2/3 years of their life on the toilet.

In the UK I'm fairly sure it's legal to shoot a Scottish man in Bristol(?) with a bow and arrow. Thanks, old laws.

Oh, and to attempt suicide was punishable by death.

What is wrong with people!? Somebody tries to commit suicide and instead of getting that person help, that person is just executed for attempting to end their life?

No wonder people with common sense are starting to lose faith in humanity.

The Badder-Meinhof Phenomenon is the phenomenon where when you find out about something new it appearers to crop up everywhere.

I mention this because the other day some of my friends were having a discussion on Plato's cave and now I see GhostShip's post about it. In fact looking it the time it was posted the discussion I just mentioned happened less than two hours after his post. Spooky.

Jupiter gives off more heat than it receives from the Sun and the color of it's clouds is the result of solar radiation altering the chemistry of the gases in the cloud tops.

Also, you burn more calories when sleeping than you do when watching TV.