Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#savemccfirst Please Help The Halo Franchise/industry From Sketchy Buisness Practices

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

If you care about the halo franchise please take the time to bicker at 343i by spreading the #SaveMCCFirst hashtag also to not preorder halo 5 to show 343i and microsoft that people are fed up of botched releases and crap games.

"Wait slow down what is this? what i s going on? I dont play halo?"

With the release of the Xbox One the title "Halo The Master Chief Collection" there were issues, The game came out unfinished. Online multiplyer was almost unplayable and it took roughly four months to fix it. Many people paid 60$ for an unfinished product, and now they are trying to pretend that it did not even happen. Although the server issues are fixed, the company is doing absolutely nothing to bring people back, except for an halo 3 ODST port that will be given out to many of the players (without firefight) which is lackluster at best.

Its clear that 343i and Microsoft knew that the MCC was going to be broken from the start. We cen determine this by noting that halo 5 guardians was available to preorder before the MCC. And now they are completely ignoring it, by trying to push out Halo 5 with its advertisements, and developper videos. They are doing this because they know that trying to repopulate the MCC would cost  $$ and MS is cheap and does not want to do so. This is such a digusting business practice and I feel that above anything else it needs to be stopped, because if microsoft can pull it off, whats going to stop other studios from doing the same thing.

So please, if you care about halo or even the game industry as a whole please take the time to force 343i, to pressure them to revive their game. As for halo fans who own xbox ones or plan on getting one, please answer with your wallets by not purchasing/preordering halo 5 guardians untill they fix MCC. These people have made a mistake and are not doing enough to fix it.

Some videos that explain this in better detailm with some stats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs

They are kinda long but u can play WF while listening to them, since the creator is only showing gameplay footage.

It's kind of the same story that happened with Battlefield 4 when that came out. It took a long time to be really solidly playable.

Things like this are basically the reason I almost completely refuse to pre-order games now. I only say almost because I've made a couple of exceptions for games I already know will be good: GTA5 and Killing Floor 2 (if it gets a pre-order option anyway, but they really care about the games they release).

I'm just glad I don't own a XBOne right now, so I have no way to be disappointed over the state of these Halo games yet. Because I'm excited about Halo 5 and playing it with my brother, but damn if MCC hasn't scared me away for a while.

It's kind of the same story that happened with Battlefield 4 when that came out. It took a long time to be really solidly playable.

Yes but when BF4 released, DICE Studios stopped all projects and completely devoted their time to fix BF4 whereas 343i is doing almost nothing. So i give credit to dice they actually care aboutthier consumers.

Why would i care about the Halo franchise when there's Warframe.

Imagine if DE releases a new game. Since you played warframe you will probably buy it because DE has pleased you with Warframe. 

Now lets say DE picks up the same buisness practices as MS/343i. You buy the game and it's unfinished/unplayable.

Publishers pick up on these things, they want to make money, if halo 5 is profitable that means that MS is sucessful and so other companies will follow that model

i would rather Halo be made into a bunch of Movies, because there's some great story ideas there, but it's being weighed down by a really bland and boring game.

so many unique ideas for Sci-Fi, so much many fantastic art concepts - and all for naught.

also, Pre-Ordering is the worst thing you can possibly do as a consumer. when you Pre-Order, you tell the Developer and Publisher that you will buy something before you know you actually want it.

the only practical thing to do is to follow some basic rules such as not buying a game until you've played it and therefore know that you actually want it.

Edit:

Yes but when BF4 released, DICE Studios stopped all projects and completely devoted their time to fix BF4

very hard to believe that DICE and EA were trying their hardest with BF4. it was atleast a year before the game wasn't complete garbage. Edited by taiiat

I'm getting halo 5 because I just have to continue the story. I don't really care about the multiplayer/competitive aspects of halo at all.

First I have to get an xbone

there are youtube vids for that usually pretty soon after things comes out

i dont play halo anymore,i used to be a halo fanatic

what poisoned it for me at first was halo: reach

then halo 4 came out,and i found out in it cortana dies..you see especially irl im extremely easy to get upset,so as a precaution i do an overscan of games before i buy them

at that point i just plain abandoned halo..after that i moved on to the deadspace franchise,which never even once dissappointed me

I absolutely f*cking hate where 343 is going with Halo. The Halo CE remaster was nice,, I like how I could put on the classic music, their new music is sh*t. I liked Halo 4... Until those sick f*cks killed off Cortana. I cried, seriously, I grew up with her, and 343 is all like "Hey, as a big 'f*ck you' to Bungie for the amazing storyline they created, we're gonna take a fat, steaming sh*t on it!" Then I tried the Halo 5 beta. What. The. F*ck. They turned it from military war games, to a goddamn sporting mode! I SAW A SPARTAN SLAP ANOTHER SPARTAN ON THE @SS! WHY?! Then, these new 'All Hail' and whatever-the-other-one-is trailers, I'm completely losing all faith in 343, they're butchering the story to hell. Not to mention, Dr. Halsey is working with the enemy, and the Chief is branded a traitor to the UNSC. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the return of the Arbiter, which knowing 343, he'll either have a ridiculously small role, or they'll kill him too. I'm still going to get Halo 5, because of my bond with Halo, but I have a strong feeling this will be my last one. In my eyes, it ended with Halo 3, don't get me wrong, ODST was good, but it wasn't a traditional Halo. Halo 3 had a perfect ending, but Microsoft wants more money, so they hired those dipsh*ts to continue making them money, and in the process, sh*tty games. I went a little off track, but I just needed to rant my feelings out.

I absolutely f*cking hate where 343 is going with Halo. The Halo CE remaster was nice,, I like how I could put on the classic music, their new music is sh*t. I liked Halo 4... Until those sick f*cks killed off Cortana. I cried, seriously, I grew up with her, and 343 is all like "Hey, as a big 'f*ck you' to Bungie for the amazing storyline they created, we're gonna take a fat, steaming sh*t on it!" Then I tried the Halo 5 beta. What. The. F*ck. They turned it from military war games, to a goddamn sporting mode! I SAW A SPARTAN SLAP ANOTHER SPARTAN ON THE @SS! WHY?! Then, these new 'All Hail' and whatever-the-other-one-is trailers, I'm completely losing all faith in 343, they're butchering the story to hell. Not to mention, Dr. Halsey is working with the enemy, and the Chief is branded a traitor to the UNSC. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the return of the Arbiter, which knowing 343, he'll either have a ridiculously small role, or they'll kill him too. I'm still going to get Halo 5, because of my bond with Halo, but I have a strong feeling this will be my last one. In my eyes, it ended with Halo 3, don't get me wrong, ODST was good, but it wasn't a traditional Halo. Halo 3 had a perfect ending, but Microsoft wants more money, so they hired those dipsh*ts to continue making them money, and in the process, sh*tty games. I went a little off track, but I just needed to rant my feelings out.

you said my exact thoughts..+1