Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fanframe: Void - Non-Healing Support Warframe (Updated Image! 5/27/13)

SilverBones

• 2 months later...

... Every Warframe must equaly so people to choose, if Voilt like this Nobody gonna play other Warframe, Trust me ( this is a compliment BTW)

P.S: love the syithe, why didn't they put that in the wepon menu anyway ?

Edited by Doforcash

Why the hek is everyone trying to make it female? If we don't eventually get to choose the frames sex, we at least need some role diversity. So far most of the males are combatants and most of the females are casters. Mix it up a bit more. 

Anyway, great concept. It would be really neat if it made it into the game.

Ye maybe a bit too thin and sleek, needs a buff.

As I said, I will probably redraw him.

BUT DAMN! I got a mention in the Livestream! Nice!

I wonder if he meant we may be seeing the Scythe or the full frame? God, I would be stoked with either :)

Interesting design in concept, though I think there may need to be some tweaks to the powers themselves.

Ring Toss - Don't see a big problem with this in general concept, a ranged Slash Dash from the looks of it.  My only concern would be how its implemented.

Shell - The game is too mobile for this and a slight damage reduction isn't worth standing still for that long.

Launch Trap - A ranged Rhino/MOA/Heavy Grineer Stomp.  Nothing wrong with this concept inherently.

Null Field - A very powerful ultimate, definitely worth its energy cost.  I wouldn't bother with the limitation though.  No need to lock down the frame while its in effect.

Ultimately, I see a few problems with the design in that a lot of them require people to be static.  This game teaches and enforces the ideology that to stay still is to die, so this is counter-intuitive to that design.

The issue really breaks down to the fact that damage reduction can only be valuable if it lends itself to removing enemies faster than if you didn't use it.  Basically, any defensive traits granted have to be far more valuable than the enemies you could remove by instead turning your offensive power outwards.

Rhino's Charge, Stomp and Iron Skin accomplish this by either granting complete invulnerability, thus allowing the frame to pursue and eradicate enemies without worry of reprisal, or by making the enemy stationary and thus vulnerable.

Frost has similar power by denying the enemy targets completely (a form of invulnerability), and by damaging enemies as well as slowing them down thus reducing their damage output and controlling them.

You may consider rolling the effects of Shell and Null Field into each other, granting everyone inside a damage reduction bonus (preferrably a sizable one) while the field is in effect.  Shell could then lend itself to more of a mobile defensive support idea, casting it on the frame or an allied frame and giving them something like a temporary overshield.  It could have some other effect, too, like refilling stamina so that they can sprint away or just block and grant the overshield a damage reduction making it last longer.  Sort of making any frame a tank in a pinch.

Edited by NydusTemplar

<snip>

You may consider rolling the effects of Shell and Null Field into each other, granting everyone inside a damage reduction bonus (preferrably a sizable one) while the field is in effect.  Shell could then lend itself to more of a mobile defensive support idea, casting it on the frame or an allied frame and giving them something like a temporary overshield.  It could have some other effect, too, like refilling stamina so that they can sprint away or just block and grant the overshield a damage reduction making it last longer.  Sort of making any frame a tank in a pinch.

I wanted to single out this bit as it was very good.

The thing is, adding damage reduction to an immunity field would probably be redundant. in hindsight, maybe changing damage reduction to a faster shield recharge and additional stamina would help in large-scale firefights. The idea is that when the group or the player (if solo) gets swamped by fire, they can pop this and get a bit more survivability. The Void would be fairly squishy itself, so this would be a good solo buff, but can also be used to really backup those people trying to res others or just getting swamped through a defense rush.

Thank you for the feedback!

I wanted to single out this bit as it was very good.

The thing is, adding damage reduction to an immunity field would probably be redundant. in hindsight, maybe changing damage reduction to a faster shield recharge and additional stamina would help in large-scale firefights. The idea is that when the group or the player (if solo) gets swamped by fire, they can pop this and get a bit more survivability. The Void would be fairly squishy itself, so this would be a good solo buff, but can also be used to really backup those people trying to res others or just getting swamped through a defense rush.

Thank you for the feedback!

Oh darn, you know I knew I'd forget to mention something.  Thank you for catching it.

I had already accounted for the immunity from the damage reflection bit.  Right now, Frost has this power without damage reflection.  So, rather than just making this a better version of what Frost already does, you'd instead strip away the immunity and replace it with damage reduction.  That way it balances.

Combine this with the shell above (a temporary over shield) and you can have someone stand out in the open and literally bait the Grineer/Corpus into attacking that frame.  With their block up and the over shield, combined with the damage reduction inside the null zone, the enemies will deal almost no damage and will take a lot of damage back.

Even better, you can let everyone catch a break by dropping it over the cryo pod and maybe even be allowed to cast the shell onto the cryo pod itself.  Thus allowing massive damage return while giving the pod itself a chance to regenerate shields.  Not sure if the engine could support that, though.

Edit: Oh, right. Forgot to mention.  In the middle of a fire fight, unless you use Frost's shield or this frame's shield, having an AoE fast shield/stamina regen isn't going to help as much.  Unless they can break enemy contact, they won't get any use from that shield recharge rate.  Now, if everyone inside the field just started recharging their shields automatically, as well as their stamina, even if they are depleting it at the time, I could see it.  Again, not sure on engine limitation.

Edited by NydusTemplar

<Snippy Snip>

I like the idea, but the idea is Frost's immunity bubble not only is stationary but slows anything that tocuhes it. For a '3' power that is pretty good. An alt should be one step better with mobile immunity and perhaps a secondary effect. Remember, Trinity's '4' is a full regen no matter where you are in the map. That's pretty awesome as far as skills go.

Your doodles are better then stuff I can take a month to draw!

I like the concept... I'm not really good with support  characters.

also Congrats on catching DE's eye

Thank you! I am super proud that this even got a mention. I can't tell you how good it feels.

I should be thanking you for asking the question!

heard about this on the stream. i want this. im at a loss for words. sythes are one of my personal weapons of choice.

That seems to be the case, LOL.

I am going to draw the better picture with a Sycthe!

Edited by SilverBones

When I heard about this on the stream, I went on the forums and searched for it, because the very notion of a warframe that is based on void attacks and such sounded so awesome, the scythe was just a bonus. Great job SilverBones! :)