Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Can Take Over The Space Sim Genre If You Guys Listen

Bloodstarblade

with the Archwing content out i had this crazy idea please listen. 

You choose a planet (Earth) mission type is called scavange/pirate/raid i don't care 

your ship fly's to the planet and the camera pans behind it and the player realizes there ship is finally fully controllable much like the archwing albiet a little slower. 

But what's this? 

I can jump out of my ship in full on Archwing form, and fly around, uh oh i can't go to far or ordis picks me up and puts me back in the ship! (makes alot of since right? stay with me now). 

looking around i see these faint signals popping up (much like elite dangerous signals) 

I go to investigate and what do ya know it's an......

-Enemy encounter I must defend my ship (with defense turrets or pop out in the archwing)

-Enemy is escaping with valuables, i must pursue to capture/kill and take the loot

-Enemy player has set an ambush and will take my loot if i don't escape but i could just kill him and take his(maybe have a pvp version of this mission) 

points is give us free roam and full control of our ship and the ability to pop out in archwing form to do mining/pvp/pve whatever, you will be creating sandbox experiences with interesting events based off the planet that will happen. 

i feel this is realistic and totally doable cause if you guys can nail this the next big step is

1. Adding the same systems to the ground of planets (basically a large area on the planet randomly generated where you fly you ship and hunt for resources, now here is the kicker, we can go from Ship To Archwing To on foot looking for resources and joining in events ala pvp/pve or resource gathering. 

2. Persistent universe, (ala elite dangerous but not as boring) 

hell at this point you could start selling people ships let alone the idea that this could be a paid expansion of the already amazing game. 

Get on it guys! and thanks in advance!!! 

I've been kinda wanting to be able to pilot the liset, but I think you're going a bit too extreme with this.

Honestly I'd be fine with something like Mass Effect, or Star Trek Online (the big, 2d galaxy map, not combat flying)

Should be enough to give players tons of more immersion, but not too much work.

I've been kinda wanting to be able to pilot the liset, but I think you're going a bit too extreme with this.

Honestly I'd be fine with something like Mass Effect, or Star Trek Online (the big, 2d galaxy map, not combat flying)

Should be enough to give players tons of more immersion, but not too much work.

Would definitely want space exploration even if its 2d. Like the one kingdom heart uses to transfer worlds.

I loved archwing initially, I got the whole wing commander vibe (game I loved) but honestly in the 3 months I've now been playing I've rarely gone near it since the start.

Negatives that put me off personally are:

Radar sucks.

Collecting loot sucks.

The map design sucks cause I get lost all the time (no clear routes and everything else is blocked off)

There is really no reason or story to do it (where is the lotus voice overs that at least give you some push to be doing this?)

There are other things to but honestly the biggest "fk this" to me is the getting lost part.  It's so damn annoying and makes me not wanna go near it. 

Alright seriously I like the idea but No, if you want an game like that just Play E.D, the ships from there are quite close to the ship we have. we'll never have an flyable ship, it will kill Warframe, it don't fit at all in any way or format, Arcwing is more of an mobile thing, what an space Ninja whuold use, not an giant space ship.

Never going to happen, if DE expends on Archwing, which I hope they do, like New HUD and UI, etc, then fair enough. but this won't happen. 

Edited by LegionCynex

honestly The core game has a formula that DE has down, it's time to start expanding Warframe. guys as i said earlier this is a mode that would be added for people who will enjoy it. won't effect core game at all

Problem is if they start working on this, they have to start taking off time from fixing bug, balancing, new mods/frames, events, in order to make it.