Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Send Our Rewards Straight To Our Inventory Once We Actually Extract After Completing The Mission! (Before The Screen/lotus Tells Us Its Completed)

styxonfire

The only time when losing rewards due to a DC or something is annoying is during either a Interception, Defence or Survival mission. Personally I would just like progress to be "saved" every 4 waves for interception and every 5 waves/minutes for Defence and Survival, this way you would only lose a small portion of progress, but the loot would only be transferred to the player provided that the mission was either completed or they were DCed.

Now of course people could just force a DC, but if it is only in these modes would it really even be much quicker? Also if loot has at all been transferred to a player then a void key should be used up, which would stop that exploitation. Also if one player disconnects, then the majority of the time it is still possible to finish the wave or just simply run for extraction in survival. 

Edited by Starmonwar

The only time when losing rewards due to a DC or something is annoying is during either a Interception, Defence or Survival mission. Personally I would just like progress to be "saved" every 4 waves for interception and every 5 waves/minutes for Defence and Survival, this way you would only lose a small portion of progress, but the loot would only be transferred to the player provided that the mission was either completed or they were DCed.

Now of course people could just force a DC, but if it is only in these modes would it really even be much quicker? Also if loot has at all been transferred to a player then a void key should be used up, which would stop that exploitation. Also if one player disconnects, then the majority of the time it is still possible to finish the wave or just simply run for extraction in survival. 

Well, forcing a DC is a prick move but you can't stop anyone from doing that. Some people might be shallow enough to just run a void run for forma blueprints only. This could be a problem. However, it'd still be unfair to be cockblocked from the reward because once you extract, before you're congratulated by the Lotus or see that you've completed the mission, the game just sends you back to the login screen... or worse, a disconnection and you can't rejoin/can rejoin but the mission's been completed before you were actually able to rejoin.

Here is what I think is happening:

You complete the mission, like you are suppose to. Then, you never see the reward screen, you just eventually load to the Liset?

Honestly it sounds like a connection issue. Try hosting a game, or Solo only. See if you still do not see the reward screen.

If you want to see your rewards once you load into the Liset, press Escape (if PC) and check "Previous Mission Results" or something like that. It will show the same screen you would have seen.

If it still happens when you solo....that's weird, contact support as a bug I guess.

It's not solely about quicker.  As I recall, in the event your entire party dies, you get no rewards.  It would be abused to avoid loses by players who had legitimately failed a mission.

It's not solely about quicker.  As I recall, in the event your entire party dies, you get no rewards.  It would be abused to avoid loses by players who had legitimately failed a mission.

Then... they could just nullify the progress reward if the team fails or aborts the mission.

Here is what I think is happening:

You complete the mission, like you are suppose to. Then, you never see the reward screen, you just eventually load to the Liset?

Honestly it sounds like a connection issue. Try hosting a game, or Solo only. See if you still do not see the reward screen.

If you want to see your rewards once you load into the Liset, press Escape (if PC) and check "Previous Mission Results" or something like that. It will show the same screen you would have seen.

If it still happens when you solo....that's weird, contact support as a bug I guess.

Happens often in void missions simply because I wanna invest more time looking for a squad who's running a certain void mission I want to run, but I don't have the keys for, than farm for the keys themselves... unless I'm really pushed to the limit. Another reason why I avoid soloing is that I have the same issue as well (prior to the patch which just came in today) in the void when I run it alone. It doesn't happen as much as when I'm with a squad... and I've somewhat been hunting for the problem to arise so I can actually give an actual demo on the problem so I can report it as a bug.

And yeah... I get lots of complaints when I host. So, I'd automatically give up on that option.

But yeah....

Edited by styxonfire

Then... they could just nullify the progress reward if the team fails or aborts the mission.

You want to keep your mission rewards and picked up items if you DC.

Here is a scenario that show a huge problem with your idea:

You're in a full squad near the end of a rather long survival run.

Everyone is going down and you know you're going to lose.

Before that happens you force a crash or DC.

You get to keep your rewards with your idea.

The other players who stayed in the mission to the end fail and lose their rewards.

Your idea has no way at all to prevent that or even check that to stop that type of abuse from occurring.

Especially because it is impossible to tell from the games side whether it was a "legitimate" crash or a forced one.

Your idea would allow abuse like that to occur once again.

DE moved away from that system because of the abuse that was happening.

Unless you can come up with some miracle solution that would allow you keep your rewards, except in cases where you forced a DC to avoid a loss, then feel free to share it.

Otherwise your idea was already tried and it failed because it ruined nearly every pug run in the game.

Edited by Tsukinoki

look man. No. I played the game back when this system WAS in the game. It was S#&$, didnt get anything done unless I soloed. Its not coming back. Please, either let it go, or think of a better solution. Writing a script that delivers items straight to the inventory does not work, and has not worked. If, and when, you think of a new way to keep your S#&$ and punish dc's, then we will talk.

Here is a scenario that show a huge problem with your idea:

You're in a full squad near the end of a rather long survival run.

Everyone is going down and you know you're going to lose.

Before that happens you force a crash or DC.

You get to keep your rewards with your idea.

The other players who stayed in the mission to the end fail and lose their rewards.

Your idea has no way at all to prevent that or even check that to stop that type of abuse from occurring.

Especially because it is impossible to tell from the games side whether it was a "legitimate" crash or a forced one.

Your idea would allow abuse like that to occur once again.

DE moved away from that system because of the abuse that was happening.

Unless you can come up with some miracle solution that would allow you keep your rewards, except in cases where you forced a DC to avoid a loss, then feel free to share it.

Otherwise your idea was already tried and it failed because it ruined nearly every pug run in the game.

If thats the case, then we could put up a set of scenarios

A.) if everyone's down, 3 on timers and 1 just died automatically, there has to be a survivor thats able to make it to extraction. If no one has any revives left, at all, regardless if they lost it prior to the creation of the squad or after a set amount of deaths, then a failed mission means the rewards are null and void. Forcing a DC, or even a legit out of nowhere unintentional DC. The mission has to be a success in order to "verify" the rewards and actually get to keep them.

There's another thing that could aid this in a set of ways such as allowing players to reconnect to the host when they are invited when they randomly get a message that says something like "lost connection to the host" and you're sent back to your ship... but the rest of the party are still running the mission and have no intentions of extracting yet, with our without your knowledge. Provided that the player has been out of action for 10 minutes because of losing his connection with the host, so the game says, once he is able to reconnect, then he can't have the rewards that the others have played through within those 10 minutes. If there are situations like he came back at the 7th minute since his disconnection, he's eligible to get the reward of the next rotation (I.E. DCed at 12m31s came back at 19m27s, that player should still be eligible to get a reward at the 20th minute, but miss out on the reward at the 15th minute) to atleast prevent some cockblocking.

However, the player has to have played atleast two rotations to be elligible for reinvitation or reconnection before the completion of the first ever rotation after hacking the console or prior to defending the cryopod/objective to prevent some leechers who happen to have a full set of gear at rank 30 to just sit back, relax, and wait for nova prime's or loki prime's systems to pop out when RNGeesus does decide to do so.

B.) If one or all of us actually went to extract, before the screen says we've completed the mission/lotus congratulating us, as soon as we click extract/everyone's at the extraction platform until the timer hits zero, we should be given our mission rewards... NOT AT THE MOMENT THAT THE SCREEN HAS TO TELL US WE'VE COMPLETED THE MISSION/LOTUS CONGRATULATING US, AND HAVING TO INSERT OURSELVES TO OUR SHIP AND FLY OFF, JUST SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE WHAT WE GRINDED FOR.

In all honesty, I would much rather tolerate my ISP trolling the living hell out of me when I game. I'd rather be disconnected at the 19th minute or round, only to comeback and findout the squad has extracted (leaving me with no rewards) and knowing that they got Volt Prime's Systems/Chassis/Nova Prime's Systems/Loki Prime's Systems THAN THE CLIENT JUST SENDING ME BACK TO THE LOGIN SCREEN AND COMEBACK TO FIND OUT I DIDN'T GET SH*T. Atleast all I can actually blame is my ISP, but having two factors to f*ckup a session is just... damn... its just too much.

Edited by styxonfire

look man. No. I played the game back when this system WAS in the game. It was S#&$, didnt get anything done unless I soloed. Its not coming back. Please, either let it go, or think of a better solution. Writing a script that delivers items straight to the inventory does not work, and has not worked. If, and when, you think of a new way to keep your S#&$ and punish dc's, then we will talk.

Oh I dunno. I mean, you have to extract and actually succeed in doing the mission to be rewarded? Kinda changed my mind on the random and forced DC. But atleast register the rewards ONCE ALL OF US OR ATLEAST ONE OF US STEP ON THE PLATFORM ON EXTRACTION/IF WE ALL SELECT EXTRACT UNTIL THE TIMER RUNS OUT (For this situation... those who extracted gets to keep their rewards and those who stay will have their rewards in limbo until they extract on the next time they are given the option to do so.)

Just gonna add what I wrote down earlier: 

In all honesty, I would much rather tolerate my ISP trolling the living hell out of me when I game. I'd rather be disconnected at the 19th minute or round, only to comeback and findout the squad has extracted (leaving me with no rewards) and knowing that they got Volt Prime's Systems/Chassis/Nova Prime's Systems/Loki Prime's Systems THAN THE CLIENT JUST SENDING ME BACK TO THE LOGIN SCREEN AND COMEBACK TO FIND OUT I DIDN'T GET SH*T WHILE THE REST GOT IT. Atleast all I can only blame is my ISP, but having two factors to f*ckup a session is just... damn... its just too much.
Edited by styxonfire