Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty In Warframe Vs. Other Games

Vaskadar

You know, all the people talking about ranking up the difficulty in the game are those who dont have a life and play the game 24/7, sorry but there is a lot of us players who play the game to have fun and we like it the way it is now. Stop this nonsense about lets make the game difficult, we are elitists and we demand more difficulty. There is a game out there where the DEs catered to the elitist crowd and the game is now in the dumps, the elitists exhausted all the material and left and now the game is garbage. So please stop the constant posting about lets increase difficulty. You dont like the game the way it is, remove all your armor and weapons and go play naked to see how you like the difficulty

Yes I do actually and I want the game to be hard ..... the trails (raids) are honestly so easy once you've done it once

It's really easy for the devs to increase AI, the reason it's not there is because most players don't want it.  This is as I said, what many aren't taking into consideration here.

If they added hard modes for voids with junk items removed from the drop tables, maybe (even this would possibly cause outrage among players doing normal versions)

No way they will increase AI and difficulty across the board though, that would cause so many players to quit.

Players usually say they want a challenge, until they realise that means they have a high chance of failure and wiping and then they dont' like it so much anymore. 

The devs can make the AI better, they can make the game a serious challenge  This is actually a lot easier to do than you think, Is that best for the game though as a whole though?  Not really.

Edited by Spindle99
  • Like 1

You know, all the people talking about ranking up the difficulty in the game are those who dont have a life and play the game 24/7, sorry but there is a lot of us players who play the game to have fun and we like it the way it is now. Stop this nonsense about lets make the game difficult, we are elitists and we demand more difficulty. There is a game out there where the DEs catered to the elitist crowd and the game is now in the dumps, the elitists exhausted all the material and left and now the game is garbage. So please stop the constant posting about lets increase difficulty. You dont like the game the way it is, remove all your armor and weapons and go play naked to see how you like the difficulty

^Or DE can leave the current content alone for those who have "life" and add more difficult content somewhere else. Hell. I have life and i still say this game is way way too easy. After 2 years and i still don't feel like maxing core mods. 

The only difficult content in warframe is late endless mode and it is because scaling, not because A.I or mechanics or whatever.

And no. Nerf yourself is dumb artificial difficulty and bad logic.

The manic is an awesome enemy, and yet we still get people crying about him after he got nerfed.

Most people in the game don't really want difficult enemies.

There's a difference between difficult enemies and those that use cheese factors like invulnerability to remain relevant. 

Increasing health/damage of enemies is OK, if it's part of a grander design. In Casual Warframe it's not too bad, since enemies never get insanely over-powered. It does still create tiers of weapon and warframe, which is either good or bad depending on your point of view. It doesn't enhance the fun though.

I think the New Infested are an example of how not to increase difficulty.

What makes New Infested difficult is not the added diversity per se, but the visual fx. If you get mobbed by New Infested, it's like someone has just vomited on your screen. It's not so different to if the game client minimised itself to increase difficulty. You wouldn't be able to see what you're doing.

Not only is this not fun, it's anti-fun, imo.

Increasing health/damage of enemies is OK, if it's part of a grander design. In Casual Warframe it's not too bad, since enemies never get insanely over-powered. It does still create tiers of weapon and warframe, which is either good or bad depending on your point of view. It doesn't enhance the fun though.

I think the New Infested are an example of how not to increase difficulty.

What makes New Infested difficult is not the added diversity per se, but the visual fx. If you get mobbed by New Infested, it's like someone has just vomited on your screen. It's not so different to if the game client minimised itself to increase difficulty. You wouldn't be able to see what you're doing.

Not only is this not fun, it's anti-fun, imo.

For the new infested all you do is melee and it takes the effect off tho..

For the new infested all you do is melee and it takes the effect off tho..

It's the cumulative effect.

When the swarm moa has swarms on an entire hoarde of 20+ infested (including other swarm moas) combine with tar moas turning the floor into mosh pits and the stacking healer aura it makes the game into a massive cluster%#!*

And don't forget the eximus units.

The manic is an awesome enemy, and yet we still get people crying about him after he got nerfed.

Most people in the game don't really want difficult enemies.

After I learned how the manic moves and what he does in a series of duels hearing that laugh became an enjoyable experience.

Nowadays I just spam melee at him though. I still win.