Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cooldowns On Abilities Should Be In Pvp.

Rakshal

I know that the devs have already said that cooldowns will never ever be a thing (or so I've heard) but I still think they should be a things to prevent things like Pull and Slash Dash stun locking, or Shield Polarize and Iron Skin stacking. I don't have any ideas on each amount of time for each ability.

Thoughts?

I think particular skills should have a baseline cooldown proportional to their offensive, defensive, or utility impact on an individual and/or their enemies.

For example, Dashes (Slash Dash, Rhino Charge, etc.) should have a baseline cooldown of 5 seconds, to prevent spam.

Long-range low-cost abilities like Pull and Lightning should have 5-10 second cooldowns as well as giving victims temporary immunity to subsequent casts for up to 10-15 seconds, with repeated hits extending the immunity up to a cap of 30 seconds.

Abilities like Iron Skin should have a cooldown that matches Duration+5 seconds, to prevent stacking or rapid reuse upon expiration.

Also, I've seen matches where the win was decided by which carrier could copter/run better from the other team's hunters. I think a stacking stamina recovery penalty should be added while carrying the cephalon, which would expire after 5-10 seconds of not carrying the cephalon or upon death. Coptering and running away until your team can kill and return your cephalon shouldn't decide the winning point, as it artificially extends the duration of the match.

I know that the devs have already said that cooldowns will never ever be a thing (or so I've heard) but I still think they should be a things to prevent things like Pull and Slash Dash stun locking, or Shield Polarize and Iron Skin stacking. I don't have any ideas on each amount of time for each ability.

Thoughts?

Around five seconds for 1 powers. maybe less, as even a 1.5 sec cooldown will prevent stun locking. 3-4 minutes for ultimate powers? This is a good idea that would solve many things. It would help alleviate blue orb rushing. I didn't know DE already said this wouldn't happen, maybe to differentiate from mobas and such?