The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aksomati - Why Such A Low Crit. Chance?

DarkRuler2500

Soma Prime is a Prime variant of a primary weapon. Secondaries by nature are meant to be slightly weaker than their primary counterparts. In this case, it's the Soma. Not the Soma Prime.

Incidentally, it's kind of funny because the wiki actually states its 20% crit chance as one of its main advantages.

o3o

oh the prime and the regular are both 30% WHATEVER POINT STILL STANDS

Wait I heard from a dev stream DE intended to make Secondaries better than primaries. Correct me If i'm wrong, but I remember them saying that a year ago.

Playing with it on the builder, these things actually seem to be pretty insane just going by the numbers.

4 forma later and it looks like they could perform better than the Secura Dual Cestras, not counting the syndicate proc.

http://goo.gl/8VxdOk  Note: Anemic Agility doesn't seem to change the DPS much compared to Gunslinger. I opted for Gunslinger.

Though I think this is going off the max fire rate, and it has a wind up, so it may be a little lower. And I haven't played with it live yet so I'm not sure about its accuracy.

But I think it should be safe to say its crit chance is probably fine. Might not be able to say the same about its ammo economy, ammo pool, and reload speed though.

The accuracy is quite low.

You won't be hitting as often as you'd want to get even close to that on-paper DPS. Especially for a crit weapon, where headshots matter much more than on a raw damage weapon.

Edited by Artarrwen

It is wasting slot to put crit. build on that weapon since 20% is far too low to justify the use of a crit. chance mod.

You can't go with 2 elemental combos. At best 1 combo and 1 element.

And finally, the pinacle, 2.8 Secs to reload the magazine. That's what you can call a really bad thing.

Those crit. chance should be increased to fit the Soma, 30% that is.

Don't force us to waste slots DE!

It is wasting slot to put crit. build on that weapon since 20% is far too low to justify the use of a crit. chance mod.

You can't go with 2 elemental combos. At best 1 combo and 1 element.

And finally, the pinacle, 2.8 Secs to reload the magazine. That's what you can call a really bad thing.

Those crit. chance should be increased to fit the Soma, 30% that is.

Don't force us to waste slots DE!

This weapon inherited Soma level of reload cancelling. The real reload time is only 2.1 second give or take one second. The inaccurate make it more of a run and gun type of weapon rather than a headshot weapon from afar. Its not a Soma pistol. The playstyle is distinct enough Edited by Neogeo

I guess that the confusion comes from the fact that a pistol inspired by soma's looks is NOT the pistol version of a soma and should not be expected to be so.

Right now soma and aksomati complement one another really well.

Nah its not confusion, when ppl hear soma they dont think huge clip spool up assault rifle/lmg hybrid. They hear high crit and high dps.

Nah its not confusion, when ppl hear soma they dont think huge clip spool up assault rifle/lmg hybrid. They hear high crit and high dps.

Completely right!

And we can add to that, that every player that have enjoyed the Soma (and its Prime version) ALWAYS dreamed about a pistol version.

It would have been the first real pistol designed to receive a critical build. Without decent stats in that domain it is clearly a SLOT WASTE.

But i have to agree with the fact that is not really clear about the reality:

TENNO REINFORCEMENTS

New Soma-inspired weapons available now!

Tenno, complement your Soma with the power of the Aksomati pistols and the razor-sharp Dual Raza hatchets. Get them separately or purchase them with the Soma assault rifle in a discounted bundle!

AKSOMATI

The devastating power of the Soma rifle compacted into two elegant pistols.

DUAL RAZA

These razor-sharp battle hatchets are designed to complement the Soma.

Unfortunately, it sounds more like "cosmetic"...

And if it is intended, well.

It is then a disappointment.

W&S

And to be honest these babies have both. Best crit on pistols is 25%, these babies have 20%... And also the higest crit modifier of any pistol at 3x. Also with a pretty standard buil you get 27.5k burst and 16k sustained which is not half bad.

-snip-

They share mechanics, asthetic and mod building pattern.

And no i havent seen anyone who enjoys soma(though there might be some who really do), ppl dumped it as soon as it wasnt top dps anymore.

And again they are not into soma pistols, if they arent top dps.

• 3 weeks later...

The main problem is: Melee and secondary critical mods sucks. They need to tie all critical mods to the same rate as all elemental mods are, thats why its better to just do elemental builds on all weapons and dont use much critical mods, because you will lose dps.

Thats unfair, really. or at least they should drop on aksomatti 30% critical chance, because its mods are already weak, so basicly, primary will still better them secondary.