Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Decide...trinity Or Valkyr?

thehotsung8701A

I just got both today and have resource to build only one frame.  I thought my second frame would be Zephyr, follow by Banshee, and then Rhino but what a nice surprise.  My friend say RNG love me and it seem I never have to do more than 3 runs to get what I need.  Also got an Oberon Chassis today as well.

I will build both, but which one should I choose first.  I love both of them. 

if you like both Warframes, then i don't really know how anyone else is going to help you decide.

both are interesting to play, and both are pretty effective.

They both fill the two role I love most and that is one is support and one is tank.  Valkyr is a better tank than Rhino. 

"My friend say RNG love me and it seem I never have to do more than 3 runs to get what I need."

He just Jinxed it XD

But decide on your role you want to play. Trinity is (arguably) THE best support frame in the game atm. For energy as well as health and shields.

Valkyr is a highly offensive maas destruction machine and with hysteria and warcry also a frame that can help teammembers who are in a pinch by reviving them / defending them.

Decide on the gameplay you like most. I think trinity is more of an endless mission type, so for defense and survival, keeping the team up and running for as long as possible. Valkyr is more a straight forward mission type of frame. Not that Valkyr is less effective in endless missions, but that's how I would decide for now ;)

Hope this helps a bit.

They both fill the two role I love most and that is one is support and one is tank.  Valkyr is a better tank than Rhino. 

Trinity is a tank too. Don't underestimate link + blessings (also better than rhino btw). 

The only sad thing about trinity is that she lacks AOE abilities that help when a big group comes to you.

But for starting players I advise trinity above valkyr. Valkyr is just 4 = indestructible and teaches bad habbits like not looking for cover, while trinity requires some skill to be supportive in energy and tanky and keep everyones health up.

Edited by counterflux

"My friend say RNG love me and it seem I never have to do more than 3 runs to get what I need."

He just Jinxed it XD

But decide on your role you want to play. Trinity is (arguably) THE best support frame in the game atm. For energy as well as health and shields.

Valkyr is a highly offensive maas destruction machine and with hysteria and warcry also a frame that can help teammembers who are in a pinch by reviving them / defending them.

Decide on the gameplay you like most. I think trinity is more of an endless mission type, so for defense and survival, keeping the team up and running for as long as possible. Valkyr is more a straight forward mission type of frame. Not that Valkyr is less effective in endless missions, but that's how I would decide for now ;)

Hope this helps a bit.

Even though Trinity is nerf, she is still the best support frame in the game?  We do a lot of defense and survival mission, but my friends prefer I use Volt instead with his energy shield. 

Narrow Minded Volt shields are pretty effective for keeping a pod alive. Trinity's role is keeping the players alive and able to spam crowd control with Energy Vampire. If anything, they compliment each other.

o3o

Edited by DiosGX

That's why I added "(arguably)" to what I said. She can keep restoring health, shields and energy for the team. Volt's shield is indeed good support but basically just offers a way of defending yourself, your team or defense points from enemy fire while adding electricity damage and critical damage to you and your teammates when you shoot through the shield. Which could ofc be very good if you are facing higher level enemies, but you will have to bring restores with you just in case :)

^_^

Narrow Minded Volt shields are pretty effective for keeping a pod alive. Trinity's role is keeping the players alive and able to spam crowd control with Energy Vampire. If anything, they compliment each other.

o3o

Can't play both at the same time though.  I'm not going to make any drastic decision right now, I can wait an extra half a day.  Who knows, by tomorrow I'll probably have all the resources for Zephyr.  Hope to here more people input.

I keep hearing that people like Valkyr slightly more than Trinity but they are both extremely fun frame to play with.  All I know is bye bye Volt, it was good knowing ya. 

If you want to play a melee focused build I recommend Valkyr.

She does require armor mods, quick thinking, rage and flow or primed flow to become essentially immortal without the use of Hysteria.

You should also invest in Eternal War as if you have a good melee weapon you can make Warcry last for as long as you can find something to kill.

For example my record is a 40 minute warcry in an Orokin Derelict Survival.

I generally don't like Hysteria as it doesn't scale well into lvl 80s like Warcry does and quickly becomes a crutch for low lvl missions.

Trinity I play mostly just for the EV spam when friends need it so i don't have too much to say about her.

I used to play her as a suicide bomber where I linked and shot myself with the Penta to kill the linked target but this playstyle was nerfed when Blessing got nerfed. Never adjusted my Trin after that.

Edited by Ziegrif

Is Trinity a better tank than Rhino currently?

Rhino drops off in usefulness around lvl 40-80. Iron skin just can't keep up with the incoming dmg and you end up recasting it a lot.

Trinity requires a bit more mods to stay truly immortal like Quick thinking where you can get your health to as low as 2 safely to take full advantage of Blessing otherwise you need to be a bit more careful with how low you let your HP go to get the max value off Blessings damage resistance.

So yes Trin should be better in the long run.

Edited by Ziegrif

If u want to play solo, use valkyr , 

but if u want to play with teammate , use trinity with poison penta, heavy dmg angstrum or speed fire castana sancti .

Valkyr is a good frame for tanking , but u not alllow a 99% invulnerability to all ur teammate for at least 30 sec like trinity.

So , make ur choise , Valkyr for solo, Trinity for teamplay ....

PS: Trinity and Valkyr are better tank than the rhinoob armor.

PS second: for ur penta , u need a full poison modded penta , with a serration rank 6 and a vile acceleration rank 1 . don t forget ur quick thinking , or if u play a link trinity , play with a other trinity with a blessing build .

Edited by affropiaf

If you build trinity right, she is not only the best tank in the game, but she can be the best killer in a game, better even than an ash spamming his ultimate.

i prefer the saryn ultimate or the double trin combo , for killing everything in the map .

And not, trin can be the Best Ever Tank in the game cause => 99% reduction damage + link => i love swim in lazer ray .

Trinity is the really the best support frame in the game, providing a source of infinite health and energy to a team.

But trinity can also function as a tank if you build her right (as ppl pointed out) with 75% dmg reduction from link on top of a 99% incoming dmg reduction from blessing. I think valkyr is a better tank than trin slightly as pressing a button for invulnerability is a little easier than trying to hit blessing when you're on 2 hp, - plus hysteria lasts longer- even with quick thinking, but the difference is that trinity provides 99% dmg reduction for the entire team which is really op.

Edited by Inversus

I just got both today and have resource to build only one frame.  I thought my second frame would be Zephyr, follow by Banshee, and then Rhino but what a nice surprise.  My friend say RNG love me and it seem I never have to do more than 3 runs to get what I need.  Also got an Oberon Chassis today as well.

I will build both, but which one should I choose first.  I love both of them. 

Trinity is more of a frame you play to help others, Valkyr is more for yourself.

i prefer the saryn ultimate or the double trin combo , for killing everything in the map .

And not, trin can be the Best Ever Tank in the game cause => 99% reduction damage + link => i love swim in lazer ray .

Ah but do you use link+castanas with status duration? thank me later.