Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Affinity Boosts To Forma'd Stuff

TheBrsrkr

Formaing (?) a weapon is already a huge core, what with the grinding of rare resources, only acquiring one per day and having to re-level a weapon. Why make it take so long? There's no real reason to drag on the time it takes to level a weapon again, nobody gains anything from it. Why not just add extra affinity gain to weapons that have been Forma'd? Something like 1.5x affinity gain for the first Forma, 2x for the second, and so on, and so forth. Kills the grind of having to level the same weapon/Warframe five times to make it viable, encourages people to burn Forma at a higher rate, and possibly gives more revenue to the devs, counting the players who would opt to buy Forma instead of waiting a day +resource grind for one.

Formaing (?) a weapon is already a huge core, what with the grinding of rare resources, only acquiring one per day and having to re-level a weapon. Why make it take so long? There's no real reason to drag on the time it takes to level a weapon again, nobody gains anything from it. Why not just add extra affinity gain to weapons that have been Forma'd? Something like 1.5x affinity gain for the first Forma, 2x for the second, and so on, and so forth. Kills the grind of having to level the same weapon/Warframe five times to make it viable, encourages people to burn Forma at a higher rate, and possibly gives more revenue to the devs, counting the players who would opt to buy Forma instead of waiting a day +resource grind for one.

I like the idea, as long as the extra affinity is a bonus applied to the weapon or warframe that has been formaedendedned and not in total. If you kill something that gives 100 affinity with a weapon, it is shared between frame and weapon 50/50. With a x1.5 bonus for the weapon from forma using the example, the weapon gets 75, while the frame would get 50. Instead of both getting 75. If the warframe happened to have a x1.75 bonus from multiple forma, it would have gotten 87.5, while weapon got 75. Gives the reward where it is due.

Edited by nms64

<snip> Why make it take so long? There's no real reason to drag on the time it takes to level a weapon again, nobody gains anything from it. <snip>

Because you aren't paying to play the game, as such DE needs to make money. To make money, they need you to buy shizz. To buy shizz, you need to play the game. Resetting your weapon to Unranked requires you to play the game more which could result in you buying shizz. 

♩♪♫♬"It's all about the money money money.."♬♫♪♩

Edited by SR-02

Of course its about money.. they could´nt be here otherwise.. the NEED the money, which every adult in the world should know. Stuff costs and rents needs to be paid, food needs to be exchanged for money.

Its also forces us to try other weapons, and might change the style of others. Otherwise, people would put forma 8 on a single weapon, and everyone would run around with Boltor or Soma P. And most people would be MR15+.

I see no problem in todays system, its easy to go MR8, with or without paying.

What needs to happen is for warframes to get access to all their powers at rank 0 - whether with forma or without. Right now, I don't even bother with warframe powers because you either don't have them or they suck balls when you're trying to level it. Because of that, I don't see anything special about new warframes (latest example: Chroma) and just abandon it when I get to 30.

10/10 I agree with OP

I hate how it takes me 2 missions to get my weapon from 0-30

Make it so it only takes me 1 mission.

On top of that, change it so my lvl0 frame can hit lvl 30 in 1 mission too because right now it takes me 3 missions.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER DE

Is this what your looking for OP? Because I know people who can max both weapon and frame in 1 mission without bosters.

I'm actually in the avarage speed for people who foma regulary.

1. Don't foma if you are low level or have nothing on the chart unlocked, because it's your fault if you have to play low level missions which give 0 exp.

2. Don't complain here, because the only agreeing people will be others who are mildly new and don't realise how unbelievably easy it is to max a weapon from 0 to 30 with no mods.

What needs to happen is for warframes to get access to all their powers at rank 0 - whether with forma or without. Right now, I don't even bother with warframe powers because you either don't have them or they suck balls when you're trying to level it. Because of that, I don't see anything special about new warframes (latest example: Chroma) and just abandon it when I get to 30.

You are new. Otherwise you'd know abilities use to be "MODS" and took up 4 spaces in your WF mod slots.

You preferred that?

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Even without boosters, a mid level MD mission give frightening amounts of Affinity.

I run random Exterminations, 4000 XP all up, I jump in MD Alerts with PUG's and it's like 15K/15K (Blue/Yellow) or HIGHER. Not Void missions that we are farming, RANDOM Alerts with random people.

You can yell in chat "LF XP Farm" and level stuff to 30 in a few runs, we don't need DE to add a system that makes farming easier. With Boosters a while ago, me and a mate (with the old easier Infested) took 1 mission to get to 30. We used to abort early just because we were there to level and not farm drops, at least now it's not as damn easy.

Edited by DSpite

10/10 I agree with OP

I hate how it takes me 2 missions to get my weapon from 0-30

Make it so it only takes me 1 mission.

On top of that, change it so my lvl0 frame can hit lvl 30 in 1 mission too because right now it takes me 3 missions.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER DE

Is this what your looking for OP? Because I know people who can max both weapon and frame in 1 mission without boosters.

I'm actually in the average speed for people who forma regularly.

1. Don't forma if you are low level or have nothing on the chart unlocked, because it's your fault if you have to play low level missions which give 0 exp.

2. Don't complain here, because the only agreeing people will be others who are mildly new and don't realize how unbelievably easy it is to max a weapon from 0 to 30 with no mods.

You are new. Otherwise you'd know abilities use to be "MODS" and took up 4 spaces in your WF mod slots.

You preferred that?

I have no idea what to say about this. Why so butthurt? It takes way more than 3 missions to fully level a weapon or Warframe, unless you do Draco. Also, this makes a Forma a bullet in your foot when you don't have any other weapons. Re leveling a Warframe is the worst experience ever, having to go through you squishy phase again and being unable to use what might be your favorite frame to help other people or cleave faces at higher levels.

Also "I know people who can max their frame in 1 mission" are probably leeches on Draco, or have a powerful team backing them up an a high level mission, where they just rake in the affinity by standing there.  Not everyone can find such a team.

Also, what do ability mods have to do with this post?

Well, there is a real reason to drag on the time. It's part of the F2P mechanic of purposely keeping people playing for long periods of time. The upside to that is, theres supposed to be a rewarding end to it all. That is not always the case though.

I love the idea, makes REPLAYING a weapon very, very rewarding, makes weapons less 'disposable'(aka mastery fodder) and even addresses the issue of Warframe lacking a Premium Account option like other F2P games have.

Add specific Booster Forma that is stackable and can be mixed.

Credit Booster, XP Booster, Resource Booster. Some Forma could be combos (ie credit/xp, xp/resource).

Put a hard cap on the total % amount you can Boost per weapon or total between all weapons.

Prime Formas. Earnable as rewards or buyable via Market and or Void Trader.

You preferred that?

Um, no. I've been here for 2 years. And yes, I preferred it. It meant that after a few levels, I could stick one max-rank warframe power on. Then I could use it as an actual warframe, rather than just something to store guns on.