Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Take On Energy Consumption

XxDeadlockerxX

So we all know how this current energy system works. You pick up an orb, get 25 Energy, and you're free to use whatever power you want- provided you have the required amount. Since I do NOT like keeping track of numbers, I would like to propose a new way for energy to work.

Your energy should recharge at a constant rate, with the rate depending on which power you recently used. Lets use Volt for an example. The first two of his abilities cost the same, Shock and Speed at 25 energy. You use one of those once, and a 4th of the energy bar is consumed. You would then need to wait a while before your energy starts to regen. His 3rd ability costs 50 energy. This could take up half of the energy bar, and making it regenerate at a slower rate. And his ultimate ability, Overload, takes up ALL of the energy and slows the energy regen the most. This system could be simpler, or at least it is to me. The constant regeneration should have a set time before it starts, like shields. I think this would be a good alternative to energy, with each Frame and Ability having a different regen/regen delay. The Frame's appearance could even change depending on the amount of energy, Volt could get more static electricity around his body. Anybody else agree/disagree to this? Constructive Feedback for both pretty please, with a Volt Prime on top.

Maybe Flow Adds to the "Percentage" of it? Like maxed Flow would make it total to 200%, but at the cost of a longer recharge if you've used an ultimate. More thoughts?

- Streamline would reduce the percentage cost of all abilities but the ultimate.

-Intensify... keeps doing what its doing?

-Ditto for power ranges

-Possibly something that speeds up recharge delay?

-Energy orbs Instantly regains 25% and starts recharging your energy at a slightly faster rate, but doesn't drop as often as they do now.

EDIT: I just posted on my alts thread... <.<    >.>    Nothing to see here, move along officers.

Edited by VivaNyanCat