Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Persistent Stuttering

MillbrookWest

For those of you not seeing an improvement by disabling reverb, or only seeing minimal improvement, I'm interested in seeing some data when the stutter appears; this will require you to use a program that's already a part of your Windows installation and isn't dangerous.

• Search for 'resource monitor' in the Start Menu; it should be the only result.

• In the Resource Monitor, click the box next to Warframe.x64.exe to filter results for just Warframe

• Make sure under the 'Disk' category, the results are sorted by Response Time (ms)

Then just play as normal until you experience the stutter. A screenshot of the Resource Monitor would be very helpful when that happens. Of course, this will reveal some personal information in the screenshot (the current user name), so remember to edit this out of the screenshot if you're uncomfortable.

attachicon.gifresmon.jpg

Your included pic is an undownloadable image.

Sorry I didn't post back sooner, I've been really hit hard by allergies the last couple of days and yesterday it was quite bad.

I've tested various Jupiter tilesets and cannot get any sort of stuttering and I am still looking for the sludge tunnel in Ceres.

Here is a screenshot of my resource monitor. This was just after spawning into a mission on earth, I ran up a tunnel and about halfway through the stuttering started and continued into the entrance of the room. I took the screenshot after the third or fourth stutter just as I stepped into the room.

hISsKUP.png

I got a Core I7 and EVGA gtx 780 classy 

I can tell you that everytime I have this happen its one of these 3 things I'm playing as chroma or some one is playing as Mirage using clone spamming alt fire of Quanta then setting off a nuke from it or using Nekros with lots of shadows on screen in a combo of very high number of enemies on screen at once.

Every 5 to 10 minutes or so my game freezes for a few seconds, but it really isn't that game breaking, since it usually happens on the Liset.

Not really stuttering, but it is persistent. Well, consistent might be more accurate.

Edited by Horonelius

Just adding to the pile. I have the same problem as OP. I'm also running on GTX970 and SSD, but the video memory use never goes above 2GB even though GPU runs at around 90% load. Changing video settings from lowest to highest has no effect. I'm getting great FPS on every video setting, but stutter is making it basically unplayable. I don't even have to walk around to stutter, was even getting stutter in the menu selection overplay while on a mission. I have't played the game for almost a year, but when I did I was running it on GTX570 and had no issues (that was also many updates ago).

Some DX diag stuff if that's helpful. 

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
          Processor: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16360MB RAM
          Page File: 5066MB used, 27653MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 970
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_366F1458&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 3741 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 4009 MB
      Shared Memory: 3828 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: DELL S2440L
         Monitor Id: DELA08B
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
        Output Type: HDMI

Drive: E:
 Free Space: 17.6 GB
Total Space: 122.1 GB
File System: NTFS
      Model: Crucial_ CT128MX100SSD1 SCSI Disk Device
Edited by Sickbrain

Out of curiosity, is anyone who is experiencing this persistent stuttering running actually running an AMD video card, or is it all NVIDIA geforce cards?

I am.  Using a HD7700 and the stuttering always seems to happen when a new are loads. For example when starting a void mission and you go past the doors, the stutter happens when the doors opens. The same thing happens in the liset as well. 

I knew the second I read there would be performance upgrades that this would happen.

I'm also having this problem and the game worked perfectly fine before.

ATI card here and Intel cpu

another edit: disable dx10 and 11 seems to have fixed it however I want to play with those ON like I could before

Edited by Uluxlan

• 4 weeks later...

Try turning off DirectX 11 (and 10).

For some reason, the game is really stuttering with the DirectX 10 or 11 turned on for right now.

This was a huge help.

Game doesn't look as good... But the stuttering is gone and that was making me nauseous.

Stuttering happens when I move around the liset. I don't think it's a graphics problem, since I've also tried switching everything off/setting stuff at low, even disabling both DXs and and multi-thread rendering, and playing on 800x600 window mode. During freezes, there'd be one background sound track playing or none at all. The game deosn't freeze when I stop moving.

NVIDIA user btw.

EDIT: The game was running normally for me before the update. Issue just popped up when I logged in a few hours ago

Edited by JigokuPineapple

• 3 weeks later...

Same happens to me, but the stuttering seems to be very random. I had this problem very often like a month ago and then It was just fine until today : stuttering and fps drops.

I got a graphic card and a chip on my laptop

RADEON HD 7600M

INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000

I'll try to start with directx 10 and verify game cache.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well.. It helped with other things but unfortunately stuttering persisted. BUT I found the real issue by accident.

Warframe seems to leave the mousecursor in the background and that activated my rocketdock everytime I looked around. It's an application that reacts to mouseover.

I turned the rocketdock off and stuttering was just gone.

If you have stuttering too, check your desktop for any mouseover-sensitive applications, icons and things like that, and shut them down.

Hope that helps. :)

Well.. It helped with other things but unfortunately stuttering persisted. BUT I found the real issue by accident.

Warframe seems to leave the mousecursor in the background and that activated my rocketdock everytime I looked around. It's an application that reacts to mouseover.

I turned the rocketdock off and stuttering was just gone.

If you have stuttering too, check your desktop for any mouseover-sensitive applications, icons and things like that, and shut them down.

Hope that helps. :)

Well... isn't this the discovery of the f*cking century. You can go ahead and change your last name to Columbus. Been having stuttering issues at 1080p since I installed warframe, always playing at a lower resolution without problems. Recently upgraded to a 980 and still had the stuttering at 1080p. Paid attention ingame and noticed it happened during hard flicks to either left right or down. Checked this thread for updates, saw your post, unloaded objectdock and... no stuttering anymore. My goodness... It does seem to be a problem with the way warframe implements mouse control, since this has never happened on cs go, or any other game for that matter.

Next question is, does the windows 8 charms bar mess with warframe? dont miss the next episode of background cursor hauntings.

Edited by nms64