Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Quest System Sucks

(PSN)deathfrombelow5

So I know that Quest 2.0 is a thing that the devs want to do at some point, but it still should be said that the current quest system sucks. 

Reason Why?

It has timegates built into it. For limbo, mesa, and mirage's quests, you have to build each part before you can farm the rest (IDK about chroma yet, I'm on ps4). This sucks. Basically, you become unable to build the warframe for 1 1/2 days, given that you collect each part the second that it is built. This is stupid, to say the least. There is absolutely no reason why I should have to wait after each piece. It draws out the quest for way too long. 

How should it be fixed?

Simple. Each phase should only require you to have the item bp before advancing, not the overall built item. In the future, also consider special phased missions (greatly extended time to complete) that allow you to get the parts in a unique way that makes the quest memorable. Also reduce the grinding on certain parts, the mesa-aladv deal was a bit ridiculous. 

Reason Why?

It has timegates built into it. For limbo, mesa, and mirage's quests, you have to build each part before you can farm the rest (IDK about chroma yet, I'm on ps4).

Mesa doesn't have a quest for building her.

She has a quest leading up to the boss fight, which you make keys for to get the parts.

Chroma has a quest you build the parts one by one for.

Personally I think it should be that as soon as you start the item building in the foundry you get to advance in the quest. Or, for subsequent runs, just owning the frame itself also counts to allow you to move on.

Mesa doesn't have a quest for building her.

She has a quest leading up to the boss fight, which you make keys for to get the parts.

Chroma has a quest you build the parts one by one for.

Limbo and Mirage too.

Edited by Solandis

So I know that Quest 2.0 is a thing that the devs want to do at some point, but it still should be said that the current quest system sucks. 

Reason Why?

It has timegates built into it. For limbo, mesa, and mirage's quests, you have to build each part before you can farm the rest (IDK about chroma yet, I'm on ps4). This sucks. Basically, you become unable to build the warframe for 1 1/2 days, given that you collect each part the second that it is built. This is stupid, to say the least. There is absolutely no reason why I should have to wait after each piece. It draws out the quest for way too long. 

How should it be fixed?

Simple. Each phase should only require you to have the item bp before advancing, not the overall built item. In the future, also consider special phased missions (greatly extended time to complete) that allow you to get the parts in a unique way that makes the quest memorable. Also reduce the grinding on certain parts, the mesa-aladv deal was a bit ridiculous. 

So you want it "fixed" because you can't wait a few days? DE has the delay system for a reason, to allow usage of Platinum to rush. And you want to take that away because it suits you better?

So you make financial decisions for the entire company since when exactly? Since you turned CEO?

That's not actually a problem with the quest system.  They're absolutely capable of doing what you're asking for as is, right now, no trouble.

The thing is, they sell convenience.  Speed.  That's how they make their money.  Selling speed requires a process that is slow to begin with.

Would you prefer if the quest didn't have those built-in time gates, and instead the quest was simply complete unavailable for 2 weeks after the frame becomes available via plat?  Cause you're infinitely more likely to see that then just 'make it faster, cause I want it to be fast and I don't want to spend money for that' doesn't really work with their desire to make money.

That's not actually a problem with the quest system.  They're absolutely capable of doing what you're asking for as is, right now, no trouble.

The thing is, they sell convenience.  Speed.  That's how they make their money.  Selling speed requires a process that is slow to begin with.

Would you prefer if the quest didn't have those built-in time gates, and instead the quest was simply complete unavailable for 2 weeks after the frame becomes available via plat?  Cause you're infinitely more likely to see that then just 'make it faster, cause I want it to be fast and I don't want to spend money for that' doesn't really work with their desire to make money.

I mean, for me at least. I just don't want to have to make multiple copies of frame parts on replays of the quest. 

I mean, for me at least. I just don't want to have to make multiple copies of frame parts on replays of the quest. 

Since replays of the quest are almost certain to not give rewards at all, it would be reasonable to allow replays to skip directly to a particular stage in the quest.  Replay just mission 3 of 5, or the like.  Seems reasonable to me.

Your issue with the quest system likely won't be addressed. Why... Well, if you don't have to build the part first, you could technically finish the quest in an hour or so. That's it. DE wants to extend your interest, so you build one part, while it builds you play other missions, or just not play, w/e. Then do the next part of the quest and repeat. This allows the quest to go from an hour to a few days.

- One true issue is having to listen to the quest dialog every time you return to your ship until the quest is done.

Quest 2.0 is likely be address repeating the quest, or more of an issue in my mind, doing and older quest. Getting Mesa, Limbo, and Chroma were very easy when their respective quests first came out. Everyone was doing it so getting a group was easy. Now, since no one replays (or can on their own) you end up having to beg for help or solo the mission. That is what needs to be fixed, and I'm sure it will.

Quest overhaul will likely accompany Navigation 3.0. That is when they will completely rebuilt the solar map and how it works. I have no idea what they will do but it will be a bigger change than 2.0 (which was just a UI change)

So you want it "fixed" because you can't wait a few days? DE has the delay system for a reason, to allow usage of Platinum to rush. And you want to take that away because it suits you better?

So you make financial decisions for the entire company since when exactly? Since you turned CEO?