Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Likes

DarkLordX2

Well, since I'm a person who spends a good percentage of his life hearing music, I thought I could probably share with someone else my music likes and so on.

Questions:

1-What kind of music do you like? (Rock, Jazz, Electro, Pop, etc...)

2-What are your favorite bands?

3-What are you favorite songs?

Edited by DarkLordX2

1: Metalcore, Post-Hardcore, Alternative Metal, Metal, (You get the point.)

2: Top 5: Affiance, Tremonti, Alter Bridge, Alesana, Motionless In White.

3: Top 5: Another Heart (Tremonti), Comedy of Errors (Alesana), All the songs from Blackout (Affiance), Puppets 3 (The Grand Finale) (Motionless In White), and Blackbird (Alter Bridge)

1: Darkstep, crossbreed, technoid, skullstep, breakcore, drill 'n' bass, drum and bass, techstep, neurofunk, techno, hardcore techno, acid techno, house, electro, chiptune, trap, trapstep, dubstep, drumstep, lolicore, chill-out, liquid funk, breakbeat, hardstyle, dubstyle, trance, rock, and metal (probably missed a few genres :c ).

2: Cheshyre (hands down my most favorite), Current Value, Venetian Snares, Igorrr, Enduser, DJ Hidden, Obsidia, Winside, Blackmill, Locknar/Devin Martin, and iDOLEAST.

3: Cheshyre - Frost

Cheshyre - Zombie Robot

Cheshyre - Madness 6.5

Cheshyre - Metamorphosis

Cheshyre - MC10

Cheshyre - Shadowman

Current Value - Dark Rain

Current Value - Faith

Current Value - You Can't Play God

Current Value - Overclock

Current Value - Loner

Current Value - Running

Current Value - Viral

Venetian Snares - Frictional Nevada

Venetian Snares - My So-Called Life

Igorrr - Tout petit moineau

Igorrr - Dixit Dominus

Igorrr - Tendon

Enduser - Too Many F***ing Stairs

Enduser - 2/3

DJ Hidden - Times Like These VIP

DJ Hidden - As She Laughed

Obsidia - Point Blank

Obsidia - Nightmare

Obsidia - Cobra

Obsidia - Take Me (Ft. CoMa)

Winside - Reapers

Destroid - Raise Your Fist (Winside Remix)

Blackmill - Let It Be (Ft. Veela)

Blackmill - Friend

Devin Martin - Killbot

Drop Goblin - Step Into The Pit (Locknar Remix)

Locknar - Rock and Loaded

Devin Martin - Too Much Of Everything

iDOLEAST - Defeat Us

iDOLEAST - Scythe (VIP Mix)

Gores**t - O're The Flood

1.Everything under the sun except most reggae and some traditional music. Mostly Alternative, R&B, Jazz, Blues, Hard Rock, Metal, Old school Hip Hop, Punk, house, country, techno and drum and bass

2. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Alter Bridge, Incubus, Black Keys, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard, Foreigner, Blink-182, The O-Jays, Ashanti, Late Night Alumni

3. Many Different Zepplin Songs(too hard to pick one.), The Things That I used to do by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Take Ten By Paul Desmond

It's really hard for me to narrow it down and it all changes based on my mood and what not but as of right now those are my favs.

1: I listen to whatever sounds good.  Sometimes it's awe-inspiring orchestral music, sometimes it's maddening dissonance that makes me want to tear a man's head off, sometimes it's kawaii J-pop.  Never Dubstep, though.  Can't stand Dubstep, or anything related to Dubstep.

2: Given the first answer, that makes it rather difficult to select favorite bands, since I don't really pay attention to who makes the songs, just what the songs are.  But the sake of answering, a few of the composers of some of my most recently listened-to music are: cheshyre, Two Steps from Hell, zYnthetic, Zombie Girl, Disturbed, and the OST of Drakengard 3 (composed by Keiichi Okabe).

3: I couldn't give an honest answer; different songs fulfill different moods, and there are too many options to pick and choose from.  Though I could list a few that I've been listening to frequently lately:

Drakegard 3 OST - Two Boss Battle (w/ dissonance)

Drakengard 3 OST - Final Boss Theme

1) Music that has substance, I guess. More than just smashing sound and words together, but something that has the ability to elicit an emotional, intellectual response. I admit I'd be hard pressed for genre as a lot of the stuff I like are kind of hard to necessarily pin down in just one category. Good game music is also a boon. I do love to listen to other cultural pieces, purely because I don't necessarily understand the language but can understand the spirit of the music all the same.

2) Queen, Linkin Park, Green Day, Evanescence, Nickelback, Thrice, Peter Gabriel, Yellowcard, Placebo, Face to Face, It Bites, Tears for Fears, Motoi Sakuraba, YUI, Yuki Kajiura. And that's the ones I can remember. I also have a few albums of Native American music on my MP3, a couple of Prayer/Zen tracks, and of course, game music, specifically Transistor OST, Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall OST and Golden Sun OST.

3) Haha...Here's the best I can narrow it down. Many, many links to follow or not.

Peter Gabriel:

, Darkness, No Way Out, Signal to Noise, Solsbury Hill. Basically most of the album Up, I guess.

Thrice:

Evanescence: Whisper, Going Under, Bring me to Life

Nickelback: Someday, Hero, Savin' Me

Linkin Park: Numb, Somewhere I Belong, In the End

It Bites: Midnight, Plastic Dreamer,

Face to Face:

, Heart of Hearts, Everyone Hates a Know-it-all

Queen: Another one bites the dust, The Show Must Go On, Bicycle Race, Miracle

Motoi Sakuraba: Pretty much the sound track of Golden Sun, but especially

and

Tears for Fears:

, Watch Me Bleed, Start of the Breakdown

from Sacred Spirit.

Yuki Kajiura:

, Parallel Hearts, My long forgotten cloistered sleep, The Battle is to the Strong

YUI:

(Starts at 3 minutes), Rolling Star

I'm going to go hide now...