Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waiting For The Next *good* Battlefield Title...

KidMemphis

...I went ahead and, despite warning from fellow Battlefield players, purchased Hardline despite it not being a DICE developed game or following what a Battlefield game should be. It was mediocre at best and, after a few hours, my boredom was only surpassed by my disappointment.

Also, being a Hardcore Mode player, I was extremely dissatisfied about the "Hardcore Mode" of the game not having increased damage like a Hardcore Mode should. The "Hardcore Mode" in Hardline is essentially the Normal Mode with limited HUD and I'm amazed that Visceral thought they could pass that off as Hardcore. I shouldn't have to empty half a magazine into an enemy to get a kill...that's the main reason most Hardcore players play Hardcore Mode...I just don't get Visceral's thought process on this one at all. Unless there are any drastic changes in the current build of Hardline, I'll just be sitting that one out altogether.

Needless to say, I took EA's 24-hour refund guarantee and got my money back. I'm really hoping that Visceral either:

a) learns from customer feedback and amends the game accordingly 

b) realizes they have no business developing Battlefield titles and cut their losses

------------------------------------------------------

I'm really looking forward to Battlefront when it's released later this year and really hope that DICE can deliver what we all want from the game. Also curious as to what DICE has in store for the next *REAL* Battlefield game.

BFBC2 is the last decent battlefield.

BF3 has some crucial flaws, BF4 didn't fixed them and Hardline is just.... well... how to put it more politely? Hardline is shiet.

Don't get me wrong, I loved BC2, but I loved the changes in BF3 (aside from them removing Ghillie Suits for Recon)

Hardcore mode didn't drastically screw your health up?

That disappoints me, especially considering how difficult Dead Space hardcore mode is (which of course is also developed by Visceral)

They basically gave all us Hardcore Mode players the finger

I'm really looking forward to Battlefront when it's released later this year and really hope that DICE can deliver what we all want from the game. Also curious as to what DICE has in store for the next *REAL* Battlefield game.

I would rate the best three BF games like this:

1) Battlefront 2

2) Battlefield 2

3) Battlefield 1942

I loved the campaigns of the Bad Company games, but they had nothing to do with the old BF gameplay at all. To be honest, having the current DICE developing Battlefront makes me apprehensive. On one hand, that studio did develop two of the best BF games. On the other hand, they have developed a whole slew of BF games since that are not nearly as good.

I would rate the best three BF games like this:

1) Battlefront 2

2) Battlefield 2

3) Battlefield 1942

I loved the campaigns of the Bad Company games, but they had nothing to do with the old BF gameplay at all. To be honest, having the current DICE developing Battlefront makes me apprehensive. On one hand, that studio did develop two of the best BF games. On the other hand, they have developed a whole slew of BF games since that are not nearly as good.

Battlefront 2 wasn't a Battlefield game, DICE just recently aquired that IP after LucasArts was sold off

I had a ton of fun in BF3. I said "screw you meta" and ran around with my M60 and demolished legions of enemies. BF4 made me cry a few times, legitimately. Hardline...well, I bought BF4. Didn't want the DLC for it.

As a diehard Battlefield player, I loved BF3 as a whole. BF4 didn't deliver a whole lot more than BF3 had already brought to the table and the maps didn't feel as properly designed as I feel they should have been compared to BF3, but still a pretty fun game.

Hardline, to me, seemed like Visceral took the Frostbite engine and tried to make a lovechild between PayDay and Battlefield.

As a diehard Battlefield player, I loved BF3 as a whole. BF4 didn't deliver a whole lot more than BF3 had already brought to the table and the maps didn't feel as properly designed as I feel they should have been compared to BF3, but still a pretty fun game.

Hardline, to me, seemed like Visceral took the Frostbite engine and tried to make a lovechild between PayDay and Battlefield.

BF4 is the result of Dice trying to stroke their e-peen a bit too much. Chafing doesn't look pretty, sorry for the horrific pun, but hopefully my point makes sense.