Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Answers For Cephalon Cordylon

Iceski13

For those that haven't read today's Ask a Cephalon, Cordylon was asked this question:

Awsome Ethan927 asks: If we are sent to exterminate the entire crew of a ship (or at least most of it), then why don't we take the ships for ourselves? Surely an intact Grineer, Corpus, or Corrupted ship would be of some use, right?

He then responded with this:

Few Tenno contemplate the aftermath of their actions beyond completing their assigned task. While this trait is certainly admirable when viewing the results of Tenno execution, it is not entirely conducive to good micromanagement.

I recommend you (and your squad) review several questions when attempting to commandeer an enemy vessel:

· Where would we relocate a stolen Grineer or Corpus vessel to?

· Who would operate it?

· How will we defend the ship once it has been safely relocated?

· What would we do with said ship?

· What was the point of taking this ship in the first place?

While the Corpus and Grineer have found great difficulty in preventing Tenno infiltration, this success is largely due to the small operational size of Tenno squads. Upgrading your class of vessel may be tempting, but without the numbers of the Corpus or Grineer at your disposal maintaining such a ship is truly a waste of resources.

Well after some thought I have answers for Cordylon's questions.

1. Depending on the preference of the tenno either outside our dojos, relays, somewhere off far away from planets, or if you want to be found all the time you can park off of your favorite planet. 

2. Ordis or we can always make a new AI.

3. Archwing Defense (which I really want to see some version of anyways).

4. I would use it to replace the orbital compartment since I want something bigger anyways.

5.See above Answer. Plus it has guns that I can use to just annihilate Corpus and Grineer controlled ships.

If you have any answers for Cordylon regarding this then post them here and lets see what the community thinks about it.

Edited by Iceski13

crew the ship? pfft! just ram the thing into a nearby space station and be done with it.

or if you really want to crew it steal the blueprints for moa's and then build them in the dojo.

they can defend while the teno fly it. don't know how to fly? force one of 125689 capture targets lotus wanted over all the years to teach you.

and of that doesn't work ask the steel meridian how to fly that rust bucket.

and for corpus ask darvo.

Ordis might not have the capacity to run a ship like that, and as for ramming it into another ship, Grineer command is likely more than 4 people. 4 Tenno , wvwn with the help of Ordis and the Lotus, probably would not be able to pilot  and maintain the ship.

Cordylon's questions are pretty legitimate. The main reason we're so successful against Grineer and Corpus is because they're to accustomed to ship and infantry-based warfare - they aren't prepared and cannot convert to warfare against a group of war-gods who come unannounced and undetected, kill everything, steal intel vital to their operations to cripple them, then leave without a trace. If we were to commander such a ship, we'd be playing the kind of game our enemies are very, very good at, and we'd probably get swarmed by about three larger ships and be torn into molten slag by railguns before we could make it to a relay.

We are agile and flexible. We will not force ourselves into cumbersome warfare.