The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Nerf Marelok Its Not Op

Kaiservadin

Marelok has high base damage so of course low level survival won't be a problem with it. It's just a matter of how to make it work for things like T3 or T4.

I don't really see a concern for it being nerfed since it has both capacity to output large amounts of damage, while being limited to clip size and fire rate.

Fully upgraded, Vaykor Marelok is a one hit kill gun well into endless territory which refills your HP and does a PBAoE stun for 1,000 damage that will kill rollers and drones for you. Base reload is on par with most guns after they equip a reload speed mod. It has plenty of accuracy to headshot across most tiles and easily body shot even across the largest void rooms which, again, will one hit kill even in endless missions for quite a while. It has the largest magazine of the accurate hitscan semi-auto pistols, it both crits and procs and it's available at Rank2* as soon as you can trade.

It's definitely OP.

I don't expect it to get nerfed and I'm not asking for it to be nerfed, but if it was I wouldn't really have any way to criticize DE about it.

EDIT--

Rank 6* 

Didn't know it was restricted.

Woop dee doo.

Edited by VKhaun

Fully upgraded, Vaykor Marelok is a one hit kill gun well into endless territory which refills your HP and does a PBAoE stun for 1,000 damage that will kill rollers and drones for you. Base reload is on par with most guns after they equip a reload speed mod. It has plenty of accuracy to headshot across most tiles and easily body shot even across the largest void rooms which, again, will one hit kill even in endless missions for quite a while. It has the largest magazine of the accurate hitscan semi-auto pistols, it both crits and procs and it's available at Rank2* as soon as you can trade.

It's definitely OP.

I don't expect it to get nerfed and I'm not asking for it to be nerfed, but if it was I wouldn't really have any way to criticize DE about it.

EDIT--

Rank 6* 

Didn't know it was restricted.

Woop dee doo.

Plan to get that one ASAP

and as a reply to musical mind just ranting it thats all , without mods this Marelok has trouble killing enemys like Lvl30 heavy gunner thats all.

This thread is kind of a joke. I don't think its fooling anyone.

Ive called this in previous threads and I'm calling this again here. This is going to be a running theme.

After SG got nerfed people are going to gravitate to the next theoretically best weapon (probably based solely on DPS) and say its OP.

Regardless of being endgame content people are going to complain until its nerfed and then move on to the next theoretically best weapon until all we are left with is S#&$.

The psychology behind this goes straight over my head.

This thread is kind of a joke. I don't think its fooling anyone.

Ive called this in previous threads and I'm calling this again here. This is going to be a running theme.

After SG got nerfed people are going to gravitate to the next theoretically best weapon (probably based solely on DPS) and say its OP.

Regardless of being endgame content people are going to complain until its nerfed and then move on to the next theoretically best weapon until all we are left with is S#&$.

The psychology behind this goes straight over my head.

Its cause they think everything needs to be balanced around the star map, and voids and raids dont exist, and anything stronger than their brantons or latos is power creep instead of progression. I sound like a scarcastic A******, but this really seems to be the case.

The only thing I don't like about the Marelok is how it completely outclasses the Grinlok, poor thing D=

Than devs probably should buff that grinlok instead of nerfing a gun which at least kills. Btw im not using marelok if you think that im afraid for it. 

Its cause they think everything needs to be balanced around the star map, and voids and raids dont exist, and anything stronger than their brantons or latos is power creep instead of progression. I sound like a scarcastic A******, but this really seems to be the case.

The reasoning behind this is because DE hasn't laid out any clear tiering system for the weapons, so people want to believe all weapons are created equal and anything better that comes out is considered powercreep.

They're not, but that won't stop people from thinking otherwise.

If they touch the mareloks, I wont have any good secondary anymore and thus what little fun I have with this game, will be lost.

If you want to lose more players, go ahead, destroy more weapons. I am sure "everyone" should play in a way that doesnt offend noobs.

Thanks for the sgammacor nerf people. The last time I played was almost a month ago. If they keep it up with the nerfs, ill return 6 months later and if by that time they nerf more stuff, well this game will be deleted from my Drive.

Good job DE!

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

You can easily write those people off then. That's not how balance works.

Compare Amprex to Ignis. There's your power creep.

took a level 7 Marelok into level 30 stage with a max frame and it has trouble killing them without mods. but on level 1-6 surivial it PWN all enemys.

the hell are you on about mate?

Marelok isnt going to get nerfed. you have to AIM to use it, which makes it balanced. its a sniper rifle pistol.

its one of the most balanced weapon in the game.

The game is suppose to be balanced for 1-55ish play. Maybe into 60.  It is not nor ever will be balanced for infinite void def/surv play.

When you have a gun that can almost trivialize level 60+ content, it's way OP.  And if it's the bar-none best weapon for 1-55 play, it's also OP.  No weapon should be "Obviously" the best.  Sure there can be teirs, but no one weapon should be it's OWN teir.  There should be a few dozen of our hundred+ weapons that are roughly on-par with one another.

Take out any weapon you think was nerfed too hard and see if it is able to work well in 1-55 play.

You can easily write those people off then. That's not how balance works.

Not sure what you mean by that?

Compare Amprex to Ignis. There's your power creep.

Yeah that is a pretty good argument for powecreep or amprex to synapse. Probably one of the best I've heard. But it has nothing to do with syndicate tier weapons.

I don't really understand the status chance nerf to the flamethrower. Its a flamethrower shouldn't lighting people on fire be what it does?

I feel like warframes powercreep issues are limited to recent release content and a few lab weapons. For the same reasons Pizzarugi laid out above.

It would be nice if lab weapons were clearly given a tier above market weapons. Like labeled that way.

Its a shame but fully expect new stuff to get a nerf. *cough chroma cough*

Not sure what you mean by that?

If the only reason to nerf something is "just because" then it doesn't need to be nerfed. Being on the top of the pile doesn't automatically qualify something for a nerf. Something is always going to be on top. When things are hovering in the sky above the pile, or when things that should be on the bottom of the pile are stronger than things on the top, that's where we start considering nerfs.

Yeah that is a pretty good argument for powecreep or amprex to synapse. Probably one of the best I've heard. But it has nothing to do with syndicate tier weapons.

I don't really understand the status chance nerf to the flamethrower. Its a flamethrower shouldn't lighting people on fire be what it does?

I feel like warframes powercreep issues are limited to recent release content and a few lab weapons. For the same reasons Pizzarugi laid out above.

It would be nice if lab weapons were clearly given a tier above market weapons. Like labeled that way.

Its a shame but fully expect new stuff to get a nerf. *cough chroma cough*

I actually think Chroma is one of the better-balanced things they've released recently. 

Outside of obvious examples like that, power creep is a bit more subtle. Ember used to be a viable warframe, strong even. The existence of flat damage vaules on abilities should hint at changes in the game structure.

The cycle goes like this: DE releases a new thing, players use it to cheese. DE releases content that's hard even with cheese. Now everything is too hard, so they release a new thing that allows players to cheese, and out into infinity.

The game is suppose to be balanced for 1-55ish play. Maybe into 60.

"Suppose to be" really? Its great when people tell me how a game is supposed to be. Its weird that so many people who tell me that have different opinions on how its suppose to be.

It is not nor ever will be balanced for infinite void def/surv play.

Infinite scaling is a thing. Its built into the game. A dev didn't just spill his coffee and oops infinite scaling. I don't understand why this is the main point of contention in weapons balancing.

Sure, maybe a new level 30 weapon shouldn't annihilate in a level 55 mission (atm none do) everyone can agree here. But after I reactor & forma & mod my weapon right it should be really good.

And that's infinite scaling comes into play. I wish players would stop using infinite scaling as the "reason" for "balancing" the weapons after they have been upgraded several times.

And if it's the bar-none best weapon for 1-55 play, it's also OP.  No weapon should be "Obviously" the best. 

"Bar-none best weapon for 1-55 play" Which gun meet that requirement? There are 3 different fraction each with 2 different armor types. I've never seen a gun that's is universally good against all of them.

Also when you say "best" are you referring to DPS? Best SDPS? Because if that's all that mattered then clearly the Ogris has the best DPS over the largest AOE and everyone would be using it. But they're not because DPS isn't everything. Best is subjective. And trivializing content comes down to how you use it not how its built.

Standard response to these types of arguments is get off mercury and try a raid.

Edited by ItWasntMeIPromise