Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Buff Scythes Already ?

CTanGod

Despite the fact that Scythes are considered Heavy Melee weapons as far as I remember they did not get buffed when the oveall Heavy Melee weapons buff happened.

Currently they are the worst Heavy Melees despite their stances making them pretty quick they get outdamaged by all the other Heavy Melees and now that Reaper Prime was removed from the drop tables most people are stuck with only 2 scythes, Hate being uber rare drop, and both are lackluster.

Since we only have 3 Scythes I believe it's easy to both buff them and give them a unique for example Hate could be the crit oriented Scythe while Reaper Prime could be the raw damage oriented one.

Either way scythes need a buff.

they need better stances than what is there now. they miss the target too much  and much too slow if you mod them for channeling.

well reaper prime with a berserker on stalking fan is like use a helicopter, but yea they do need a buff, I rarely use my reaper prime and hate.

reaper prime is my favorit melee weapon in the game, but rarely use is as it simply can't do the dps needed to be usefull in  high level misions and does not provide any movement boost

a buff (and colorable gold) would be epic ( :

Edited by aivadarker

Glaives used to be pretty bad weapons. They all barely had more damage than the Skana, they were slower to swing and you needed to waste mod slots for their exclusive mods.

Now Glaives have an awesome stance that multiplies damage on all but the normal combo, and that changes the normal quick attacks into the first combo.

This made glaives more fun and useful to use in Stance mode, meaning you don't need those throw mods as much. 

DE can do the same with Scythes. Make an awesome utility stance that changes the normal quick attacks, and put it as a reward from a tactical alert which you need Scythes to complete. It would be perfect.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

One buff I'd give scythes besies a slight damage and higher channeling multiplier would be having the highest finisher damage. I mean we have channeling weapons, crit weapons, base damage ones but no weapon set that can deal immense finisher damage and with the new Excalibur augment we need such a weapon (along with showing the multiplier on the stat screen) would make it amazing. Maybe adding a combo that opens up finisher for them and allowing chain finishes allowing us to reap our enemies as if they were a fresh harvest. DE you know it has to happen. Finisher beasts that can chain Finish for scythes would be epic.