Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Think Paris Should Be A Secondary Weapon?

Bathtub

Paris is nice for stealth attacks but if you are spotted, you can easily get overwhelmed. I was wondering if anyone else thought this could be avoided if you had Paris as a secondary weapon instead of a primary one.

You just need a reliable short-range secondary weapon like a Bronco or Akboltos.

Panic button Twin Vipers. Guaranteed to disintegrate your foe in 28 shots or your money back*

*Applies only to foes of equal or lesser level than the level of equipped Twin Vipers with appropriate mods. Must apply in person to get refund.

I haven't leveled it very far, i really really like the rate of fire and projectile speed. If i would buff it, i'd probably decrease the time to charge up shots or eliminate the damage charge up or maybe just increase the non charged damage. I also don't try to stealth with it. I just like how its accurate, slow projectile, and i can try lining up the heads of multiple enemies... 2, 3, 4, even 5 kills with a single arrow? very rewarding imo. It even shows you where the arrow struck if you didn't land a headshot, so it shows you how close you were. 

Edited by aTaVaX

Get damage mods and wait for crowds of corpus/grineer. Its a great weapon at high levels if you get reload speed mods too. The problem with it is the delay that comes with a slow charge/reload so you have to keep a crowd control melee or be really good at positioning yourself.

also, secondary weapons need to be one-handable for when you're carrying objectives (though I haven't tried any dual pistols yet. Do they just use one when youre carrying an objective, and use the stats for a 1-H version?)

Anyways, a bow needs two hands, so that's another reason it shouldn't be a secondary weapon imho

also, secondary weapons need to be one-handable for when you're carrying objectives (though I haven't tried any dual pistols yet. Do they just use one when youre carrying an objective, and use the stats for a 1-H version?)

Anyways, a bow needs two hands, so that's another reason it shouldn't be a secondary weapon imho

I am sure you are aware of the situation regarding clinging to a wall with one hand while shooting the primary weapon?

I am sure that should be addressed someday because if somehow clinging to a wall makes it possible to shoot a rifle with one hand but not carrying the objective that makes less sense whether these guys are space ninjas or not

Edited by Stupid_Idiot

As far as I can tell, you use the animation for 1H, but stats are still for the dual wield. Magazine size stays they same, and fire rate appears the same. The objective just forces you to use your secondary.

Panic button Twin Vipers. Guaranteed to disintegrate your foe in 28 shots or your money back*

*Applies only to foes of equal or lesser level than the level of equipped Twin Vipers with appropriate mods. Must apply in person to get refund.

Took your advice and tried Pairs+Vipers...and omg are you right.

But it would be nice if weapon swapping was a bit faster.  Do you have a weapon-swap-speed mod in my size sir?

i think paris is fine where it is right now, it's got that classic bow and arrow hunt feeling. IF used correctly this is a very powerfull mainweapon and indeed as said before. Pistols make up for close range burstyness. Also i think they should implement more of this type of weapons like spears that u can throw or something. And some sort of grenades would be welcome aswel.