Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo And Vaults

Doom_Bunny

Both grineer and corpus security walls don't affect Limbo. I get that he shouldn't hurt him (safe-zone-caster) but at least set off the alarms.

6viydA2.jpg

Still able to hack corpus general security and vault security. As in the first pannel to get into the vault and all other pannels except the vault it's self.

y36c3ot.jpg

Bonus:

Steam can hurt Limbo while in void walk. ~Magic steam~

3Zui73F.jpg

DE only recently started allowing Limbo to walk through Grineer spy walls and sapping doors. (Do not take this away from me please... I main Limbo and he needed this desperately). Limbo is all about controlling the field. In exchange for still being spotted and attacked by everything- and being unable to return those attacks, he can get around them easily. It's really all about playstyle. A Loki can go invisible and not be detected by cameras or enemies, and can deal with them directly, but has to wait and be careful with spy traps. A Limbo on the other hand can riftwalk, but has to avoid detection by cameras and enemies, in return being able to speed through lasers, or take shortcuts normally inaccessible.

Limbo now cannot hack consoles while in the rift, that is a big enough spy nerf for him. The fact that you were able to is very clearly a bug- that I noticed and thought was patched out less than a day after this change was made. As for steam, certain other things like Lech Kril's ice shot (frost's 1) can still hurt him, though I don't think these are intentional. Auras from toxic ancients can hurt him, this was confirmed intentional.

Edited by Stratego89

But cameras will see him, as will enemies.

Anything with sight can detect him. However anything with sight can be destroyed (and void walk recasted instantly) meaning that for those without void walk these walls are the only thing that can truely stop/detect players, unless they either have skill or turn them off. Limbo bypasses this and makes the whole vault easier then a player using invisibility.

DE only recently started allowing Limbo to walk through Grineer spy walls and sapping doors. (Do not take this away from me please... I main Limbo and he needed this desperately). Limbo is all about controlling the field. In exchange for still being spotted and attacked by everything- and being unable to return those attacks, he can get around them easily. It's really all about playstyle. A Loki can go invisible and not be detected by cameras or enemies, and can deal with them directly, but has to wait and be careful with spy traps. A Limbo on the other hand can riftwalk, but has to avoid detection by cameras and enemies, in return being able to speed through lasers, or take shortcuts normally inaccessible.

You are a walking safe-zone. Just being detected by these walls isn't going to affect your gameplay much, besides from not rushing through a vault.

You can return attacks by using your other abilities, or you can drop rift walk, destroy, and instantly recast.

Those "shortcuts" aren't meant to be shortcuts (even for Limbo) they're there to set off alarms for all going through them.

Limbo enters the Void and it is a locale where he cannot be touched but can be seen. These sensors are based off of something passing through it's field and interrupting the continual laser stream hitting the sensor on the other side. This interruption is what sets off the alarms. IF Limbo is in the void it SHOULD NOT be able to touch him as he crosses the area through another plane of existence. This means that the current mechanics make sense. He is the opposite of Loki in terms that he can't be touched but can be seen as opposed to Loki who can't be seen but can be touched. Get it?

The void is one of the most inconsistant nonsense powers i've ever seen.

I mean cataclysm basically opens a portal to the void for anyone that crosses its borders, this included cryopods/MD stations/the ground you're standing on but doesn't include other items, or bullets (because the gun that shot them is outside? does that mean i have to bring my mom with me if i wantto enter the void? does this not apply to grineers since they're cloned?)

Edited by Aaira

Limbo is quite literally a magician. Getting in and out of locked places kinda is and should be his thing. Houdini was famous for locking himself in jail, then escaping and meeting the croud outside.

And Spy Alerts have a habit of spawning laser hallways that, while technically possible, are just infeasible for actual humans due to the wonky, inconsistent momentum physics. Limbo is a godsend I will happily take.