Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Opinion On Twin Vipers

DeadlyNerd

Modless, compared to afuris they're just wasting ammo. I understand that they improve as they're modded but if I modded afurirs the same way, logic says they'd be better too.

I like the gun and they're way cooler looking and sounding than afuris, but the quick reload doesn't compensate for the lack of ammo in the clip. Maybe if quickdraw went up to 100% that'd make twin vipers have insanely fast reload, then again who says I wouldn't put the same mod on afuris which is not that far behind.

Also, one would expect a fast firing gun to have a large clip and low damage, not a small clip and high damage.

I'd suggest switching damage and clip size between afuris and twin vipers making afuris a high damage ammo saver, while twin vipers remain the ammo chewer but with a bigger clip, and lower damage to compensate in total damage per clip.

Then again, grakata is the same way vs the gorgon and it seems to be a design feature so I'll give em that.

Still, a larger clip is needed, maybe 40 bullets so that clip size mods can have a better effect.

How does twin viper waste more ammo than afuris? More damage per bullet means you need to use less bullets, if you are wasting your ammo because you just unload the whole clip on an enemy that needed, say 1/3 then you are using it wrong. Afuris do have better DPS (like 5% I think, there was a big thread full of math about this) when you take reload times into account, but you can't say that they consume less ammo.

As far as your suggestion goes, rather than changing the weapons we have I think we need more weapons: no one loses the a gun they like and some get a gun they might like better, win win.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I have raised a Sole Viper and Twin Vipers to Rank 30, based on what i experienced i rather use the Sole one. Its more accurate and better to aim with not to mention you can do the same damage output the twins would do with less bullets. [barrel Diffusion] and [Hornit Strike] giving both 100% bonus on a Viper along with other elemental/armor piercing mods make it very lethal.

I have raised a Sole Viper and Twin Vipers to Rank 30, based on what i experienced i rather use the Sole one. Its more accurate and better to aim with not to mention you can do the same damage output the twins would do with less bullets. [barrel Diffusion] and [Hornit Strike] giving both 100% bonus on a Viper along with other elemental/armor piercing mods make it very lethal.

I've just put on hornet strike and I know what you're talking about but still it feels as if the ammo is gone too quickly. 30 is usually the magic number for uzi clip sizes and vipers are 2 short of that, not to mention these are dualies, not a single gun.

*magazine

*magazine

*magazine

*magazine

*magazine

*magazine

Twin vipers are more ammo efficient...

I actually changed all "magazine" words to "clip", and nobody likes grammar nazis.

You'd think they're more efficient cause they force a reload and that reload raises ammo awareness. It's usually the opposite as that second, clip, is a filler and will get spent just for show most of the time.

A few more bullets in em would make all the difference to me at least.

I actually changed all "magazine" words to "clip", and nobody likes grammar nazis.

You'd think they're more efficient cause they force a reload and that reload raises ammo awareness. It's usually the opposite as that second, clip, is a filler and will get spent just for show most of the time.

A magazine isn't a clip. They're two completely different things.

They are more ammo efficient because they do more damage per shot. That's what ammunition efficiency is- how much damage you get out of each bullet. If you're emptying mags into corpses, that's you failing to realize that the target is dead, not the gun being inefficient.

It's fine as it is.

Do all weapons need to be "the same" ?

Agree, the Dps of the Twins is $&*&*#(%& hight and who cares about ammo ? just spent you credit in some boxes...

Pretty much u are changing Acc for more RoF power AKA more dps, but the acc of the viper its already pretty bad and you are going to use it at melee range 90% of the time so the RoF stereoid can be more usefull...

Edited by Dasmir

Modless, compared to afuris they're just wasting ammo. I understand that they improve as they're modded but if I modded afurirs the same way, logic says they'd be better too.

I like the gun and they're way cooler looking and sounding than afuris, but the quick reload doesn't compensate for the lack of ammo in the clip. Maybe if quickdraw went up to 100% that'd make twin vipers have insanely fast reload, then again who says I wouldn't put the same mod on afuris which is not that far behind.

Also, one would expect a fast firing gun to have a large clip and low damage, not a small clip and high damage.

I'd suggest switching damage and clip size between afuris and twin vipers making afuris a high damage ammo saver, while twin vipers remain the ammo chewer but with a bigger clip, and lower damage to compensate in total damage per clip.

Then again, grakata is the same way vs the gorgon and it seems to be a design feature so I'll give em that.

Still, a larger clip is needed, maybe 40 bullets so that clip size mods can have a better effect.

NO NO NO.

You'd be switching the roles.

Twin Viper is more ammo efficient right now, (higher damage per bullet and same ammo pool). Sure it burns through mags quick, but it kills pretty damn fast too. (mine has +100% multishot, +140% damage and various elementals).

Afuris for sustained fire against groups of weaklings, twin viper for controlled bursting/mowing down heavy mobs.

A magazine isn't a clip. They're two completely different things.

They are more ammo efficient because they do more damage per shot. That's what ammunition efficiency is- how much damage you get out of each bullet. If you're emptying mags into corpses, that's you failing to realize that the target is dead, not the gun being inefficient.

It's not noticing when the target is dead, which isn't that hard anyway as the damage numbers just stop appearing.

It's the fact that it's not that accurate so anything that isn't right in your face isn't a good target and that's what's spending the ammo. Bursts spend ammo pretty easy if the target just wont die cause my luck took a vacation.

Again, I'm not complaining about the total ammo, just the, clip, ammo.(yeah I know, clip fills the magazine, I just find it fun watching your ocd cause a meltdown :P)

I'm not expecting twin vipers to be useful as a main gun, just a bit more bullets per mag to feel like 2 automatic glocks.

I just don't like the fact that I have to reload more often than I shoot and afuris just doesn't cut it in the looks/sound department for me.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I rather think the problem is the overall ammo pool is too small..

400 bullets are gone in less than 10sec

I kind of think that is intended though. Dual Vipers is stupid-high DPS. It is not intended to be sustainable.

I kind of think that is intended though. Dual Vipers is stupid-high DPS. It is not intended to be sustainable.

mawing 400 bullets in less than 10sec, on wave 20+ it's pretty much useless already since you use the weapon against 3-4 enemies and you run out of ammo. And that forever!

I don't say you should have an ammo pool of over 9000

but a pool of 400 base would make a difference from 210 base

I really wish I hadn't changed my treasured Viper into the Twin Vipers... A single Viper was strangely accurate if you shot in bursts and I found that I could kill far more enemies with just a single Viper than I could with Twin Vipers.

The moment I hit level 30 with those things, I'm scrapping them and going back to a single Viper

I really wish I hadn't changed my treasured Viper into the Twin Vipers... A single Viper was strangely accurate if you shot in bursts and I found that I could kill far more enemies with just a single Viper than I could with Twin Vipers.

The moment I hit level 30 with those things, I'm scrapping them and going back to a single Viper

I have to agree with this.

The TTK with the twin vipers is not that much shorter than using one viper and the viper kills fast enough already in most cases.

I love the Twin Vipers right now.  Yes, you COULD burn through all your ammo if you spray-and-pray, but if you burst fire on enemies, you will not have a massive problem with ammo, assuming you've maxed your ammo pool mod so you have the 400 spare ammo.  I also have multishot. I emptied a single magazine into the stalker yesterday (somewhere in neptune) and he died like a Corpus crewman.

Of course, when using them, I find that I'm always on the lookout for pistol ammo drops.  And Pistol Scavenger isn't a bad idea either.

It's not noticing when the target is dead, which isn't that hard anyway as the damage numbers just stop appearing.

It's the fact that it's not that accurate so anything that isn't right in your face isn't a good target and that's what's spending the ammo. Bursts spend ammo pretty easy if the target just wont die cause my luck took a vacation.

Again, I'm not complaining about the total ammo, just the, clip, ammo.(yeah I know, clip fills the magazine, I just find it fun watching your ocd cause a meltdown :P)

I'm not expecting twin vipers to be useful as a main gun, just a bit more bullets per mag to feel like 2 automatic glocks.

I just don't like the fact that I have to reload more often than I shoot and afuris just doesn't cut it in the looks/sound department for me.

Well you're trading accuracy for the highest (second if you count reloads) dps in the game. 

Lol. Takes 8 bullets to kill Grineer in Sedna with my vipers. Take 399/8 and you'll be able to kill more than 40 enemies if you place your shots correctly.

Well, you DO have to pick up ammo drops, and the game has plenty of them!  Also, do you have Multishot?

I tough they will be awesome,i crafted them (110k or how many),instantly potatoed them,but they are simply IDIOTIC AMMO WASTERS.

Advantages:

Insane rate of fire

Reload speed (With quickdraw its fine reload speed)

Good crit.hit chance.

Disadvantages:

AMMO WASTERS (even with trick mag)

Low damage (even with Hornet strike+Barell Difusion)

Low accuracy,when holding mouse more than 1 sec

Very small magazine size

Very low dmg against armored (even with No return mod)

Only one useless tactical polarity mod.

Simply those weapons does not cost for even crap. Worst available weapon in-game. Best weapon in-game is sightly Lex.

Those weapons require to be upgraded. You should nerf Furis/afuris,they are easy to make and ARE better. Even their crafting price is ALOT lesser and easier to craft.