Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

...and Another Excal Ult Proposal

tmtke

I have mixed feelings for the energy sword, but not dumping the idea completely, here is my idea:

Excalibur creates an energy variant of his current melee weapon (the energy weapon counterpart is a glowing replica of the original, and if no melee weapon is equipped, a default skana or nikana showing up), and enters into melee mode (with the same stance used on the original weapon).

Effects:

* His speed increases (additional increase by power strength)

* A hit will be doing more +20/30/40% damage (increases with power strength, and with the additional combo bonuses of course)

* Every blocking adds 0.5/1/1.5 sec to power duration (longer the combo the better, more duration per block is increased by power strength)

* Within power range, Excalibur seems like a blur to his opponents, so affected enemies aiming worse (shooting less and with a larger targeting error) - depending on power range and strength.

I first want to see the rework in action before proposing changes/alternatives . You should do the same, also because right now no one has any idea of the real mechanics of the skill and how it will work, so proposing new stuff is just pointless. 

Please don't take my words as an attack against you or your idea, but i just think that before talking and/or sending feedback about something, one should have tried it first.

I first want to see the rework in action before proposing changes/alternatives . You should do the same, also because right now no one has any idea of the real mechanics of the skill and how it will work, so proposing new stuff is just pointless. 

Please don't take my words as an attack against you or your idea, but i just think that before talking and/or sending feedback about something, one should have tried it first.

Well said sir, my feelings exactly. OP, your ideas are fantastic, but I'd still like to see what DE comes up with first!

I actually like this idea more than what was mentioned during the devstream.

Also the original idea for his ult being an energy sword that shoots out waves as stated by Scott was a fan suggestion to begin with so I don't see any problem with OP making a suggestion.

Edit: with OPs idea the energy wave could always be implemented as an augment later on.

Edited by Gravalite

People need to stop with the fanboyisms.

DE has just announced what will be done and people are offering opinions/suggestions.  AKA Feedback.  We've seen this movie before.  Scott comes out and says "x, y, and z" ... people fanboy the forums saying "stfu you don't know!" ... then x, y, and z comes true just as Scott said.  The last xcal "re-work" is direct proof of this.

On Topic:

I'd personally rather see Excalibur use his chosen melee weapon than an Excalibur-specific weapon.  That's probably not going to happen though.  Chances are Scott will make it work just like he said it would.  Just like the last time he did this to Excalibur.  Just like every single time DE announces anything.  They've already solidified it enough to talk about it, so it's done.

Edit:

Nothing against DE, this is just the way it works.  People just happen to be slow on the uptake.

Edited by Thaumatos

Thanks for the response,guys. I wrote this idea only because the devs weren't so sure about the 4th power in the stream, and the current community hot topics showing the same - but I might be wrong, of course. Anyway, I wrote it down :)

People need to stop with the fanboyisms.

DE has just announced what will be done and people are offering opinions/suggestions.  AKA Feedback.  We've seen this movie before.  Scott comes out and says "x, y, and z" ... people fanboy the forums saying "stfu you don't know!" ... then x, y, and z comes true just as Scott said.  The last xcal "re-work" is direct proof of this.

On Topic:

I'd personally rather see Excalibur use his chosen melee weapon than an Excalibur-specific weapon.  That's probably not going to happen though.  Chances are Scott will make it work just like he said it would.  Just like the last time he did this to Excalibur.  Just like every single time DE announces anything.  They've already solidified it enough to talk about it, so it's done.

Edit:

Nothing against DE, this is just the way it works.  People just happen to be slow on the uptake.

Since when wanting some "hands-on time" before judging has become fanboyism? I think you got the wrong message from my post : /

Edited by Melkia

-snip-

it is 100% impossible to give any sort of relevant feedback based solely on speculation.

there can (and will more than likely) be an large number of differences between a proposal and a finished product, hence feedback on the former is largely useless.

just because something sounds good on paper, doesnt mean it will work in practice, and vise versa, this is why playtesting is always much better than theorycrafting.

Getting back to the point, one of my initiatives were that almost all 4th power in the game is some huge AoE effect, killing everything in range. There are exceptions of course, but rad. javelin was a bit meh for a swordsman frame, and the energy wave thing just falling into the same pit for me. I wanted to involve some skill and utility.

In my opinion the best powers are those which can be combined with other powers or gameplay elements (this makes Loki really useful with his invis + healing for example, or Limbo's plane walking combos, or Volt's shield + energy weapon usage). This proposal is just building on top of that Excal is a swordsman, and his melee skill has to be the core.

And please don't make this an arguing thread on the relevance of this proposal, thx :)

OK back on topic, I do have hopes for some kind of damage reduction while Excalibur is in his Ult stance, something similar to your "accuracy debuff" to enemies but as a buff to Excalibur himself, giving him a chance to evade/dodge incoming bullets , matrix style :D, but still, before anything can be really said we'll have to wait. Hope it's sooner that Soon :S

Edited by Melkia

it is 100% impossible to give any sort of relevant feedback based solely on speculation.

there can (and will more than likely) be an large number of differences between a proposal and a finished product, hence feedback on the former is largely useless.

just because something sounds good on paper, doesnt mean it will work in practice, and vise versa, this is why playtesting is always much better than theorycrafting.

So I guess all that feedback that changed Chroma's helmet never happened?

Or what about the 'proposal' of the first xcal re-work that came to pass exactly as-proposed by Scott in the devstream?  

Come on now.  You didn't forget the last few months that easily did you?

Since when wanting some "hands-on time" before judging has become fanboyism? I think you got the wrong message from my post : /

I didn't.  It's not unreasonable to say that you want to wait before giving an opinion on something.  It is rather fanboy-ish to go criticizing others for giving criticism.  You're of the ilk that would rather test before offering feedback and that's fine.  OP would rather throw ideas against a proposal in order to, ideally, persuade future outcomes.

You can't say one is better than the other.  Doing so on these forums usually comes from the fanboys (thats why I called it a 'fanboyism' ... its not even a word I just squished in the suffix because of what it means in the english language).

OK back on topic, I do have hopes for some kind of damage reduction while Excalibur is in his Ult stance, something similar to your "accuracy debuff" to enemies but as a buff to Excalibur himself, giving him a chance to evade/dodge incoming bullets , matrix style :D, but still, before anything can be really said we'll have to wait. Hope it's sooner that Soon :S

I also have high hopes for xcal's new ultimate in a non-functional way.

I hope this forces DE to go back and look at base stats and defenses in all of Warframe.  What it takes to melee right now is absurd.  People won't consider a frame 'melee' unless they have some sort of way to 'turn off' incoming damage.  This deserves a lot of attention.

Edited by Thaumatos