Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dojo Concept] Observatory 2.0

JinzouJinn

I always loved the "observatory" tile in the Dojo, but if feels kinda useless at the moment.
So i had an idea regarding it and making more people visit the dojo.

The change:

Mission can now be started from the observatory,
just like how you can start them from the relay stations.

Extra functionality:

- In the option menu you can now set your return area to either the "Clan Dojo" or the "Liset" after a mission is done.
- The clan dojo needs new tile-sets for the same functions the liset has: research, equipment, mod collection, etc.
- Specters can be build to stand or patrol the dojo's interior for decorational purposes. (to make it feel more populated)

Reasoning:

Currently I feel Dojo are just big empty structures where people only venture into when they want to do research or replicate research. They feel very seperate from the rest of the game to me. I rarely run into people there.

I think they should actually act like a social hub, like the relay's where you see people standing/running though the corridors doing their own stuff.

I think adding the option to "mission select" and return there after a mission can help increase people using the dojo.
and if additional functions of the liset are added to the dojo it might be more attractive to walk through a beautiful populated dojo instead of sitting alone in your Liset.

Dojo's act like a tenno's home (when in a clan), hence the use of barracks.
Why shouldn't we be able to use the basic function of the liset  in our very home?

Edited by Line2far

I really like this idea, actually. The specters part especially. It always feels kind of lonely when you're the only one in the dojo. 

However, if you were around for Rebecca's moustache party, you may remember that dojos simply cannot handle very many players in them at once as they are. This isn't an issue for most clans probably, but the larger ones with many active members will probably have significant numbers of members opt to make the dojo their home base if it gains all the functionality of the Liset. DE has stated that they would like to rework dojo behind-the-scenes connectivity to be more like relays in that they support large numbers of tenno (forgot where they said that, but I'm pretty sure they did), but until that happens, I don't see them adding the option to switch your home base to the dojo any time soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool idea bro! i was just thinking the same thing! :D But what got me is the scepters. some thing like in relays that patrol the station. Really neat!

I got the idea from the relay stations, the relay felt so much more alive with them

For the tile for liset facilities, how about something liset dock or individual arsenal (for loadouts), workshop (for foundry), kennel (for kubrows, would look more like a park than the horror of actual kennels.)

I really like this idea, actually. The specters part especially. It always feels kind of lonely when you're the only one in the dojo. 

However, if you were around for Rebecca's moustache party, you may remember that dojos simply cannot handle very many players in them at once as they are.-snip-

This could easily be fixed by multiple dojo channels.  On the other hand, there will be a problem with Dojo host going on a mission...

Seems like a good idea. suggestions: in the options Menu, have it return to Relay also as an option. Also, if you return to Dojo, its returns you to the observatory, not the spawn locations (like it does in the Relay).

Of course for people to really use this we need to add a Foundry and Arsenal to the Dojo as well, otherwise people won't use it as much.

I never heard that and with the thousands of clans that exist is that feasible

it is possible, you just host multiple on the same server.

It was devstream 50-52 I forget which. It was just them nodding saying that'd be cool, hardly a commitment.