Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play The Game The Old-School Way People!

primetime112233

When I say old-school I mean without depending on critical or status stats and proc's and rely on base damage instead. I have been experimenting with this for a little bit and I haven't come up with any significant performance differences yet. Criticals are really good for high level missions and some weapons like the soma but I find that most older weapons have 5% critical chance and 1% status chance and I can't help but wonder if you can make it by using those available slots for damage buffing mods that would raise your base damage to an insanely high number. And if you have no choice but to depend on high critical and status chance weapons then that would mean that the "real" weapon pool in Warframe is significantly smaller than what is represented if you want to actually be effective. What do ya'll think about it?

I swear I did read that thrice... I still do not understand.

he says some weapons are not good for crit /status builds so why not replace those mods with raw damage/elemental mods... basically the very basics of weapon modding... 

Example:

Weapon A has innate high crit stats, build it for crit then.

Weapon B has innate low crit stats but high base, build it for raw damage then.

Ta dah!

he says some weapons are not good for crit /status builds so why not replace those mods with raw damage/elemental mods... basically the very basics of weapon modding... 

Example:

Ta dah!

Well then I did get it.

But the solely idea of modding a 5% and/or 1% chance of critical and proc, respectively, around any of those stats seems like not a very wise thing to do, so I just assumed I got it wrong. Thanks though.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by xlraistlx

Well then I did get it.

But the solely idea of modding a 5% and/or 1% chance of critical and proc, respectively, around any of those stats seems like not a very wise thing to do, so I just assumed I got it wrong. Thanks though.

I agree... that would be total fail lol.

Well... any barely competent player knows that some weapons are not suitable for crit or status builds... those are raw damage weapons... it's funny that you speak of oldschool but you just discovered that...

Example:

Ta dah!

I was referring to the time when all the weapons in the game were damage based a while ago. Basically, I am experimenting with alternative modding of weapons just for the fun of it. I have put 2333 hrs into this game and I know the ins and outs of modding. My point is to try something other than what everyone else is doing. Breaking the mold. Sometimes if you do something other than what is "suggested" by the stats of the weapon you might be surprised. That and it usually pays to be creative. Just look at this game. Its amazing. I have never played a game like it before.

Edited by primetime112233

I was referring to the time when all the weapons in the game were damage based a while ago. Basically, I am experimenting with alternative modding of weapons just for the fun of it. I have put 2333 hrs into this game and I know the ins and outs of modding. My point is to try something other than what everyone else is doing. Breaking the mold. Sometimes if you do something other than what is "suggested" by the stats of the weapon you might be surprised. That and it usually pays to be creative. Just look at this game. Its amazing. I have never played a game like it before.

Actually in your original post you seem to be suggesting to mod taking weapon stats into account instead of adding crit mods to everything.

In my personal experience i always mod "creatively" i mean, i just look at the weapon and decide what would be the best "role" for it, and i mod towards that, but i wouldn't mod a Soma for raw damage because it's base damage is very low, there are some limits to creativity, if you pass those limits then you are just failing to mod imo : D

Actually in your original post you seem to be suggesting to mod taking weapon stats into account instead of adding crit mods to everything.

In my personal experience i always mod "creatively" i mean, i just look at the weapon and decide what would be the best "role" for it, and i mod towards that, but i wouldn't mod a Soma for raw damage because it's base damage is very low, there are some limits to creativity, if you pass those limits then you are just failing to mod imo : D

It looks like you are both saying the same thing to me...

OPs position is sensible even if it isn't often advertised.

Mod packs like the one from this event highlight that fact.

Thats the spirit! Mod creatively but within reason. We are talking about DE created weapons after all.

It looks like you are both saying the same thing to me...

OPs position is sensible even if it isn't often advertised.

Mod packs like the one from this event highlight that fact.

Yup. I'd say we have an Accord.

Well then I did get it.

Mutalist Quanta: has 2.5% crit chance

I mod for crit damage

I find it to be effective, despite Warframe Builder calculations

To OP:

I mod Detron family the "rainbow damage way"

Secondary Shotguns (Bronco family, Brakk, Pyrana) - I tend to slot a Magazine capacity mod to try to get the Magazine to fire-rate ratio closer to 1:1 (Usually Ice Storm or Tainted Clip)

But then again it depends on modding for a weapons attributes (listed or unlisted)

I think the only time I blindly apply mods regardless of a weapons attributes is possibly New Conclave (I slot whatever is available) or when I am just leveling a weapon without a mutli-forma build (mainly as I cannot fit my High-cost mods)

When I say old-school I mean without depending on critical or status stats and proc's and rely on base damage instead. I have been experimenting with this for a little bit and I haven't come up with any significant performance differences yet. Criticals are really good for high level missions and some weapons like the soma but I find that most older weapons have 5% critical chance and 1% status chance and I can't help but wonder if you can make it by using those available slots for damage buffing mods that would raise your base damage to an insanely high number. And if you have no choice but to depend on high critical and status chance weapons then that would mean that the "real" weapon pool in Warframe is significantly smaller than what is represented if you want to actually be effective. What do ya'll think about it?

Thats why on rpg games assassins uses critical builds and warriors use full strenght builds. Its not like we say a weapom is S#&$ because it dont have criticals, its just playstyles. I have a thing on critical weapons, for some reason i like to depend on the RGN. Or the status builds, they are fun as hell, you can make the ultimate radiation troll, the armor eater, the blast stuns of death and so on.

If you like your raw damage weapom, them its all good bro ! It does 20 dmg, while a critical weapom does minus them 10, making it have to crit to double or quadruple its damage to make it work.

Old school ragnarok assassin player here, criticals are way to cool, and besides, on ragnarok they ignores armor, too bad they dont here, but i know its too op.

Mutalist Quanta: has 2.5% crit chance

I mod for crit damage

I find it to be effective, despite Warframe Builder calculations

To OP:

I mod Detron family the "rainbow damage way"

Secondary Shotguns (Bronco family, Brakk, Pyrana) - I tend to slot a Magazine capacity mod to try to get the Magazine to fire-rate ratio closer to 1:1 (Usually Ice Storm or Tainted Clip)

But then again it depends on modding for a weapons attributes (listed or unlisted)

I think the only time I blindly apply mods regardless of a weapons attributes is possibly New Conclave (I slot whatever is available) or when I am just leveling a weapon without a mutli-forma build (mainly as I cannot fit my High-cost mods)

Er... Shoots passed on the orb have elemetal damage buff, but i didint know they got an critical chance buff too.

Not even my soma full critical can crit so offen like that...

Edit: NVM, i saw on the wiki it works like that: 

• Shots fired at the orb will pass through and deal additional damage to enemies, similar to Electric Shield. The sphere also increases critical chance and damage, with 6.3% chance and 4.2x damage at base you get ~20% chance and 5-6x damage through the orb.

So, if you build it for critical damage it can be really good, dam.

Edited by 087SE-Miykhail

What

Crit-based weapons are real weapons and they've been around for a very, very long time. Not to mention, once you move past the "35% crit chance with maxed crit chance mods" guns and into the "75+%" or even the "100%+" ones (see: bows, the Tonkor, Synapse for examples of the lattermost) they're basically just like regular weapons because they do "flat damage" as yellow crits, and then have a chance to red crit for even more.

Thats why on rpg games assassins uses critical builds and warriors use full strenght builds. Its not like we say a weapom is S#&$ because it dont have criticals, its just playstyles. I have a thing on critical weapons, for some reason i like to depend on the RGN. Or the status builds, they are fun as hell, you can make the ultimate radiation troll, the armor eater, the blast stuns of death and so on.

If you like your raw damage weapom, them its all good bro ! It does 20 dmg, while a critical weapom does minus them 10, making it have to crit to double or quadruple its damage to make it work.

Old school ragnarok assassin player here, criticals are way to cool, and besides, on ragnarok they ignores armor, too bad they dont here, but i know its too op.

Er... Shoots passed on the orb have elemetal damage buff, but i didint know they got an critical chance buff too.

Not even my soma full critical can crit so offen like that...

Edit: NVM, i saw on the wiki it works like that:

• Shots fired at the orb will pass through and deal additional damage to enemies, similar to Electric Shield. The sphere also increases critical chance and damage, with 6.3% chance and 4.2x damage at base you get ~20% chance and 5-6x damage through the orb.
So, if you build it for critical damage it can be really good, dam.
Yeah wiki says if base 2.5% crit chance is buffed with Point Strike to 6.3% the orbs should be like 20-ish% crit chance.

But I'm getting closer to 90% with no crit chance increase. (Even when firing Detron through Orbs)

I have not had another player with a Crit-build soma fire through the orbs yet, but I'm wondering if they can achieve Red Crits doing so....just sucks as you are practically blind firing through the orbs...

Detron fired through Orbs

Sadly it seems the Crit damage boost is dependent on weapon being used.

-Mutalist Quanta shots 495 non-crit to 2608 through bubble so about 5.27 crit multiplier. (Not sure if that is a combination of Radiation damage though)

-Detron does 250-pellet non-crit to 470-pellet crit through orb which is about 1.88 multiplier. (Detron has base 2.5% crit chance and 1.5 crit multiplier- I mod straight damage + Seeker with no crit mods)

- I will be testing AkSomati Shortly

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi