The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

No one here read the lore on the excal prime?

It tells you exactly where Tenno came from

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

Their asking whether or not Tenno are energy beings.

No one here read the lore on the excal prime?

It tells you exactly where Tenno came from

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

This in fact proves nothing. Note how remarkably vague it is. Tenno can be anything.

Rejected few? Why Rejected?

Afliction? Sound bad.

Twisted. Damaged or disfigured?

ALL it tell us is that there were a few who returned from the Void. These few were twisted and rejected.

Somwhow the Orokin found a way to use them as weapons in the war.

The only way to do that was to build a armored techsuit aroubd them.

Now tell me again. Did the Codex actually tell us anything about what the Tenno are?

This in fact proves nothing. Note how remarkably vague it is. Tenno can be anything.

Afliction? Sound bad.

ALL it tell us is that there were a few who returned from the Void. These few were twisted and rejected.

Now tell me again. Did the Codex actually tell us anything about what the Tenno are?

I still wonder if they sent more people into the Void, was it only children, did they send adults too? What did they look like after? Same? Different?

Afliction? Sound bad.

"Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'"

Children

So that's either a lie, or how the f*ck did they get there?!

Most likely a lie. It's a futuristic military after all.

Anyway, how advanced could the Orokin be if they couldn't heal Kaleen's burns?

Most likely a lie. It's a futuristic military after all.

Anyway, how advanced could the Orokin be if they couldn't heal Kaleen's burns?

Punishment for breaking procedure?

Non-VIPs don't get treatment?

I do bot think the Zariman or any involved were Orokin at all.

This is during the Void Era, when fold-travel was still new and the Void unexplored.

After all, the soldier in Mag Prime codex speak pf the Tenno as propaganda from the Void Era, meaning used by the Orokin to take power.

I see the Zariman as a freak occurance and the crew were the basis they built on with the legacy of Hayden Tenno and the technocyte-virus from lost Earth.

The Rhino Prime codex connects the two, it comes to it's conclusion with the reveal of the warframes in Mag Prime codex.

Time have passed, a long time, between Kahleen and the beast Rhino.

I subscribe to the tenno as energy theory. My headcannon is that the tenno are either energy beings created or discovered by the orokin within the

void. The children on the zariman are these "demons", for lack of a better term, manifesting in order to interact with humans. Kaleen approaches one

of these entities, because she loves children/is confused, and is burned. They did not bring children with them, that means they showed up during the

voyage. On the "twisted few" i would say that the void entities needed physical bodies to fully interact with the physical universe, the first would be

ones stolen from orokin researchers and scientists, we as modern tenno simply use plastids and nano spores shaped to fit our needs for this.

I subscribe to the tenno as energy theory. My headcannon is that the tenno are either energy beings created or discovered by the orokin within the

void. The children on the zariman are these "demons", for lack of a better term, manifesting in order to interact with humans. Kaleen approaches one

of these entities, because she loves children/is confused, and is burned. They did not bring children with them, that means they showed up during the

voyage. On the "twisted few" i would say that the void entities needed physical bodies to fully interact with the physical universe, the first would be

ones stolen from orokin researchers and scientists, we as modern tenno simply use plastids and nano spores shaped to fit our needs for this.

They're stated to be casualties and survivors though. Why would they manifest as children? If they can create bodies, why not just manifest as a warframe instead of having to build them?

When I read the part about violating procedure, I imagined the old lady saying it in a sarcastic manner, maybe it was only me though.

I figure DE themselves haven't truly fleshed out the lore, so we won't know until then.

Afliction? Sound bad.

The Rejected line may simply be how those who became the Tenno were altered or mutated by exposure to Void Energy and people wanted nothing to do with them.

Affliction: Maybe many Orokin viewed what happened to the tenno a disease, the void energy like an infection?

Twisted: we don't yet know how the Void energy affects the human body so maybe it cause disfigurements in those affected by it.

I personally feel that the Tenno are humans who have been exposed to void energy giving them their powers either through accidental exposure or were born on ships lost in the void (Ember and Rhino Primes codex hint at this somewhat) and were later exposed to the Technocyte virus as part of the Orokins attempt to weaponize their abilities (Rhino P's Codex)and the end result was something akin to Hayden, which resulted in them receiving the moniker Tenno.

The Rejected line may simply be how those who became the Tenno were altered or mutated by exposure to Void Energy and people wanted nothing to do with them.

Affliction: Maybe many Orokin viewed what happened to the tenno a disease, the void energy like an infection?

Twisted: we don't yet know how the Void energy affects the human body so maybe it cause disfigurements in those affected by it.

I personally feel that the Tenno are humans who have been exposed to void energy giving them their powers either through accidental exposure or were born on ships lost in the void (Ember and Rhino Primes codex hint at this somewhat) and were later exposed to the Technocyte virus as part of the Orokins attempt to weaponize their abilities (Rhino P's Codex)and the end result was something akin to Hayden, which resulted in them receiving the moniker Tenno.

I dont know if I am alone in thinking the beast in Rhino Primes codex, was on fact a kid from the Zariman, cloned and infected by the technocyte.

You seem to be of a like mind.

If the Zariman children were a result of void exposure, they were maby allready mutating. If the Rhino Prime tells us anything it is that the creature stops as it recognises the room where the ones from the Zariman i kept,

OR as some say, the children controlled the beast.

I think that the Rhino monster was the first one to be sane, the others succumbed to the infestation madness.

That was the big breakthrough. Because nomatter what they were, energy or flesh, they needed to be controlled.

You cannot control a monster. A child on the other hand, using a Mother-figure for comfort ...

So that's either a lie, or how the f*ck did they get there?!

Option 1: lie.  Obvious enough, who needs honesty when you're an evil military force punting kids into the netherspace of chaos and phlobotinum?  But this is before they realized they could make Tenno, why would they do that? (see #3)

2a:  They were born there.  No telling how long the ship was gone, or if time even flows at the same rate in the Void.  The crew might have gotten frisky, and produced them on their own initiative. 

2b:  They were born there.  In the presence of organic material, something condensed into a small, organic, human like package easily mistaken as a child. 

2c:  They were reborn there.  The Void does weird things.  That might allow for a "warping" of the crew into adolescents when giving them powers. 

3:  They really didn't put "children" aboard the ship.  The children they shoved on board were actually proto-Tenno, infected with Technocyte.  They wouldn't classify them as "children" but rather dangerous monsters that needed disposing of.  Its possible they intentionally tried to stop in the Void and jettison them there for good measure, or were simply transporting them elsewhere.  In either case, the infection allowed them to adopt the hostility of the Void without being destroyed by it.  Then, later, when proto-Rhino was on the warpath, their presence was capable of settling him down. 

Option 1: lie.  Obvious enough, who needs honesty when you're an evil military force punting kids into the netherspace of chaos and phlobotinum?  

This is making me think of the Spartan IIs from Halo. They were abducted conscripted as children, and IIRC it was technically off the record, and highly illegal. (Dr. Halsey was eventually arrested for 'war crimes'. because of it)

void.

Except the Excal lore says "...we turned to the void... we took the twisted few that returned..."

which not only disproves the idea of them having been discovered by the Orokin, but because those 'few that returned' were twisted, it's implied that the void itself is what changed the people sent to the void into Tenno, rather than the Orokin doing the "twisting".

I do bot think the Zariman or any involved were Orokin at all.

This is during the Void Era, when fold-travel was still new and the Void unexplored.

After all, the soldier in Mag Prime codex speak pf the Tenno as propaganda from the Void Era, meaning used by the Orokin to take power.

I see the Zariman as a freak occurance and the crew were the basis they built on with the legacy of Hayden Tenno and the technocyte-virus from lost Earth.

The Rhino Prime codex connects the two, it comes to it's conclusion with the reveal of the warframes in Mag Prime codex.

Time have passed, a long time, between Kahleen and the beast Rhino.

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed."

This implies that they created the Tenno during the war. They were desperate enough to use the Void on children.

The Orokin never lost Earth.

Except the Excal lore says "...we turned to the void... we took the twisted few that returned..."

which not only disproves the idea of them having been discovered by the Orokin, but because those 'few that returned' were twisted, it's implied that the void itself is what changed the people sent to the void into Tenno, rather than the Orokin doing the "twisting".

As i mentioned in my post shortly after the first sentence, i view the "twisted few" as those who came into contact with the void demons/proto tenno. We need physical bodies to enable us to do physical tasks, the orokin discovered the void, yes. However if history has taught me anything its that any place that has been discovered usually had people already there to be discovered. Again, this is why we need plastids and nano spores, to create the organic husks we utilize as bodies, and it is these that bleed, not the controlling intelligence.

As i mentioned in my post shortly after the first sentence, i view the "twisted few" as those who came into contact with the void demons/proto tenno. We need physical bodies to enable us to do physical tasks, the orokin discovered the void, yes. However if history has taught me anything its that any place that has been discovered usually had people already there to be discovered. Again, this is why we need plastids and nano spores, to create the organic husks we utilize as bodies, and it is these that bleed, not the controlling intelligence.

It's a Void nothing natural exists there. Except energy. Well, that's supernatural.

Except that the frames were built around the survivors ("We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." - Excalibur Prime)... who at the time of discovery looked like children ("We began to find children hiding in the ship" - Ember Prime)... and who later (probably via cloning and manipulation) looked like the proto-rhino from the codex entry ("I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers" - Rhino Prime).

Think we're more like Hayden Tenno than Ghost In The Shell or Casper the friendly ghost. Well, that's my opinion anyway :). 

Except that the frames were built around the survivors ("We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." - Excalibur Prime)... who at the time of discovery looked like children ("We began to find children hiding in the ship" - Ember Prime)... and who later (probably via cloning and manipulation) looked like the proto-rhino from the codex entry ("I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers" - Rhino Prime).

Think we're more like Hayden Tenno than Ghost In The Shell or Casper the friendly ghost. Well, that's my opinion anyway :). 

I don't think that thing in the Rhino Prime Codex is a Tenno at all. It is most likely an attempt at creating Infested soldiers that later became the starting point for the Rhino Warframe suit. Tenno are probably not infested at all.