Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

the lotus in dark sector was/were a shadowy criminal organization/resistance movement. the players only real interaction with them was through an increadibly eastern european arms merchant living in the sewers who called hayden yankee-doodle7

the lotus sigil was also on the proto jackals if i recall correctly, or at least one of them

You dare to simplify years of genderswapping ghost theories by something like that !!??!!

You think his theory is crazy? Hear out mine: there is no explanation for genderswapping. There are male Novas and female Excaliburs but we don't see them because DE decided to make only one model for each frame. Genderswapping falls under "just accept it" like sound in space, turnng off life support of planets (oh good old, funny times), flying around by swinging swords and getting radiation by combining heat with eletricaty.

You think his theory is crazy? Hear out mine: there is no explanation for genderswapping. There are male Novas and female Excaliburs but we don't see them because DE decided to make only one model for each frame. Genderswapping falls under "just accept it" like sound in space, turnng off life support of planets (oh good old, funny times), flying around by swinging swords and getting radiation by combining heat with eletricaty.

That doesn't solve anything, plenty of Warframes have notable deviations from a normal body type. There is a much more general issue of "shape" regardless of visible sex signifiers. If there is some form of shape adjustment in a Tenno pilot to go from Nekros to Frost to Limbo then anything approaching sex signifiers is a moot point.

This game is designed from the perspective of a single character per player. Not 2, not a whole stable of them, just 1. Aparant pilot psysiogomy changes across Warframes. It's a lore issue that must eventually be resolved one way or another.

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

One thought crossed my mind, what if the Tenno we play as are Sentients that were reprogrammed? That would explain the whole shape shifting things.

That doesn't solve anything, plenty of Warframes have notable deviations from a normal body type. There is a much more general issue of "shape" regardless of visible sex signifiers. If there is some form of shape adjustment in a Tenno pilot to go from Nekros to Frost to Limbo then anything approaching sex signifiers is a moot point.

This game is designed from the perspective of a single character per player. Not 2, not a whole stable of them, just 1. Aparant pilot psysiogomy changes across Warframes. It's a lore issue that must eventually be resolved one way or another.

I didn't made that suggestion to solve anything. I say that there isn't a problem at all. Why our frames have different body shapes, you may ask. Because art team felt like making frames that way and DE didn't wanted to waste resources on body customization. It's up to players to pretend there are no inconsistancies.

Since this is out of universe explanation, not only there are no lore issues, there can't even be lore issues. Only by introducing in-universe explanation we risk causing inconsistancies or at a least examples of awkward writing. If DE can introduce in-universe explanation without incuring such pitfalls, great. But they haven't proven their writing chops, so I'd rather wish they don't try.

Edited by Prany

No offence to all of you with this because I think you are all being extremely creative and even influential on what lore may or may not continue to go on in this game... its just that, please excuse the metaphor, we should realize that we are all just children trying to reference an out of date text book while the teacher stands at the front with the answer sheet sitting on a clipboard lol. It would be extremely easy for someone from DE to clarify the lore once and for all.

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

No offence to all of you with this because I think you are all being extremely creative and even influential on what lore may or may not continue to go on in this game... its just that, please excuse the metaphor, we should realize that we are all just children trying to reference an out of date text book while the teacher stands at the front with the answer sheet sitting on a clipboard lol. It would be extremely easy for someone from DE to clarify the lore once and for all.

Yes. The Lore and backstory and even character-twists can happen at any moment. Like when the Void replaced the Technocyte as a source for the warframes power. Now no-one questions that the Tenno are humans damaged and blessed by the voids energy.

Steve claims they WILL reveal the big workings of the game this year. And THAT means creative writing and alot of thinking on their part.

I am sure they have been watching us the whole time to see what would really make us happy. And then add their own surprises.

The Rhino Codex should follow up with the creation of the Tenno and the Code, the building of the warframes themselves, the frameswitch-mechanic and of course the Lotus and the Guardians. The synthesis takes care of the rest it seems, moving from corpus to grineer to corrupted to infestation.

But to respond directly to you, even if we are totally wrong, the data and ideas we build upon still form a pretty damn solid base.

And it´s fun! After two years it´s still fun to try to wrestle the Lore out of this game.

Not a clipboard, the teacher has a bloody etch-a-sketch. Every time the teacher thinks up new lesson material he/she just hits the erase button. All us pupils get are bits and pieces of a lesson written on the whiteboard, and all we get is confused because the lesson keeps changing.

Not a clipboard, the teacher has a bloody etch-a-sketch. Every time the teacher thinks up new lesson material he/she just hits the erase button. All us pupils get are bits and pieces of a lesson written on the whiteboard, and all we get is confused because the lesson keeps changing.

Wich is why we have the:

TENNO are energy/mutants/anime kawaii/robots/AI/infested/kids/lizards/clones/

Debates.

just read the synthesis imprint for the corrupted ancient, apparently the orokin had lorists, who could channel enegry to heal those around them, and the infestation of one of these lorists created infested healers. what struck me however, is that even when the infested lorist was killed, the infestation moved her consciousness into another host, her power apparently not being physically based, or something of the sort. this could be similar to how a single tenno can switch into multiple frames, energy being or not, consciousness transference is apparently something that exists in warframe.

-oh and i may have misread the imprint, argue if you want, i just want to continue the discussion

edit-fixed a typo

Edited by BaneOfOrion

just read the synthesis imprint for the corrupted ancient, apparently the orokin had lorists, who could channel enegry to heal those around them, and the infestation of one of these lorists created infested healers. what struck me however, is that even when the infested lorist was killed, the infestation moved her consciousness into another host, her power apparently not being physically based, ot something of the sort. this could be similar to how a single tenno can switch into multiple frames, energy being or not, consciousness transference is apparently something that exists in warframe.

-oh and i may have misread the imprint, argue if you want, i just want to continue the discussion

Since it's the Infested, the 'hive mind' argument could be argued.

just read the synthesis imprint for the corrupted ancient, apparently the orokin had lorists, who could channel enegry to heal those around them, and the infestation of one of these lorists created infested healers. what struck me however, is that even when the infested lorist was killed, the infestation moved her consciousness into another host, her power apparently not being physically based, ot something of the sort. this could be similar to how a single tenno can switch into multiple frames, energy being or not, consciousness transference is apparently something that exists in warframe.

The infested have always been a hive mind, though. The big ones speak like the whole infestation is a single mind, which doesn't really make sense for the tenno as we're referred to individually.

Since it's the Infested, the 'hive mind' argument could be argued.

true, though the hivemind may hace itself been a creation of the orokin, who knows what they could do with intelligences, artificial or biological.

going by dark sector, understanding that it is only hesitantly canon. the infested there seem to lack a hivemind, i would liken it to the "feral" stage of the flood in halo, they just communicate through sound and pheromones, whereas the infested in warframe seem to act in a far more coordinated manner, it is possible that the massive organisms, the bosses, act like tyranid synapse creatures, and link the infestation together

The infested have always been a hive mind, though. The big ones speak like the whole infestation is a single mind, which doesn't really make sense for the tenno as we're referred to individually.

also, similiar to does not mean the same as, i was merely pointing out that trans biological consciousness seems to be something that is possible in the warframe universe, and a "artificial" or void based version could possibly explain the tenno, as opposed the nano-bot networked infested

true, though the hivemind may hace itself been a creation of the orokin, who knows what they could do with intelligences, artificial or biological.

going by dark sector, understanding that it is only hesitantly canon. the infested there seem to lack a hivemind, i would liken it to the "feral" stage of the flood in halo, they just communicate through sound and pheromones, whereas the infested in warframe seem to act in a far more coordinated manner, it is possible that the massive organisms, the bosses, act like tyranid synapse creatures, and link the infestation together

The Flood are a hivemind too though. The Gravemind pretty much is all of the Flood, kind of like Harbinger and the Collectors in Mass Effect 2.