Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

The Orokin were masters of biotech and genetics. Geniouses even.

The fact that Excalibur was made during the Sentient War and the fact that the Zariman and Rhino Prime Codex both take place in the Void Era, combined with the fact that the infestation was a thing during the Orokin reign, as well as Lephantis being very very old - all tell us Technocyte is the key to all of this.

Sure, the Tenno were trained killers who used space magic, but that was very late in the game.

The warframes "used for propaganda" as told in Mag Prime Codex, tell us there was a prior version during the Void Era and after. These were allso called Tenno aparently.

The creature in RPC fits an infested human clone perfectly and the instable nature of the clones is apparent as they have failed countless times.

When they finally DO suceed in getting a stable specimin - that both recognises the scientists AND the room of the "ones from the Zariman" - it is such a monunemental breakthrough that it lacks comparison.

The warframes are crafted, built around the Tenno. The warframes are a conduit - a bridge - for energy. The infestation channel energy and is the perfect choice for a battlesuit combined with armor and weaponry.

Tenno might be the plutonium but the warframe makes the bomb.

- This thread is needed and can not die untill we know the full Lore of Warframe.

The fact that Excalibur was made during the Sentient War and the fact that the Zariman and Rhino Prime Codex both take place in the Void Era, combined with the fact that the infestation was a thing during the Orokin reign, as well as Lephantis being very very old - all tell us Technocyte is the key to all of this.

One wrench in "Technocyte is key": we don't know when in timeline is Zariman and RPC events. Events in them could as well predate Technosyte. Never the less, I can get behind Tenno being infested of some sort.

But it ain't fun to agree, so let me say theory about that thing in RPC not being Tenno comes totally out of the left field and is completely unagreeable.

Edited by Prany

One wrench in "Technocyte is key": we don't know when in timeline is Zariman and RPC events. Events in them could as well predate Technosyte. Never the less, I can get behind Tenno being infested of some sort.

But it ain't fun to agree, so let me say theory about that thing in RPC not being Tenno comes totally out of the left field and is completely unagreeable.

Void Era - Zariman is lost to the Fold. Children twisted by the void energy are found.

Cloning and research to create biotech soldiers result in proto rhino. Note - they refer Zariman so they are close in the timeline.

Unknown.

Orokin Era - Empire expansion, slave-races and robotics and Void exploration.

Sentient War - Sentients. Excalibur and the current Tenno are created. The fall of the Empire. Rise of Grineer.

As for rpc not being a Tenno. Say that it IS a tenno. How did that end up as the modern day Tenno in their warframes? And since it is 1 Tenno = Many Warframes, the Tenno must be able to change suits at will.

This combined with the Excalibur Lore:

The few who had returned. Few.

see the issues?

The warframes "used for propaganda" as told in Mag Prime Codex, tell us there was a prior version during the Void Era and after. These were allso called Tenno aparently.

That's during the war with the Sentients, those Tenno are the same Tenno as us.

Void Era - Zariman is lost to the Fold. Children twisted by the void energy are found.

Actually, the only description of the children is just that: children. They are not described as twisted, there could have benn nothing wrong with them... Other than being able to harness raw Void energy.

Few, yes, 'Excalibur was the first' followed by 14 million more Tenno.

Say that it IS a tenno. How did that end up as the modern day Tenno in their warframes?

Cryosleep/long lifespan/time period between Void and Orokin eras is small (if there is any). Take your pick!

And since it is 1 Tenno = Many Warframes, the Tenno must be able to change suits at will.

Yes, and I'm pretty sure amazing sci-fi future can find ways to change your wardrobe.

This combined with the Excalibur Lore:

Smells like mistake on DE side. Excal Prime came out before DE went with "there are as many Tenno as there are players" and since now we are clearly more than few, Excal's codex entry is bit out of date. Such retcons are not uncommon in games where story and lore is afterthought.

see the issues?

As you can see, nope.

Let me try to be more clear.

To me, the Void Era and the mention of usage of Gates as well as calling the Void the "Fold", means that a long time past untill the great Orokin Emperors created the Tenno.

When you put the children on the Zariman, an event remembered long after, together with the creature in the lab and draw a line to Mag Prime Codex, where the soldier fears for his life as he looks at the Tenno; the myth, the propaganda from the Void Era - what do you get?

You get a long timeline.

The recent Lore suport this, long lifespans, talk of the healing Oro, and the infestation and corrupted both being present during the Orokin golden age.

To me the posession-theory of the protorhino is more plausable than the proto-rhino being an actual Tenno.

I can be wrong, but Steve have made hints of the brain in the jar-type of control, what ever that means.

Let me try to be more clear.

There is no need, I understood already. We simply have to agree to disagree.

It's late so enough for tonight. Maybie for better cuz I got tired if "Eye of the Tiger" and started listening Mortal Kombat theme. If I would have bested someone in argument, I'd have to kill that person with a hat.

Few is relative. 14 million Tenno is a very small portion of even the 7 billion people that are on earth today, it's probably more like 70 billion in WF.

who said that population and time are linear

Few is relative. 14 million Tenno is a very small portion of even the 7 billion people that are on earth today, it's probably more like 70 billion in WF.

I don't know about that, the way Earth looks, there could have been a large loss of life. Maybe not. Humanity could have spread across the system. Maybe not. The Grineer could have dwindled the numbers down. Maybe not. My headcanon is, depending on other canons, the amount of surviving humans could be between 4 billion and 12 billion. But I could be wrong... Maybe not ;P

By this logic the Emperors were legion and the Stadium during the betrayal seated millions.

To med it just feels better if the Tenno are fewer in number, the number of players I leave out of it.

I agree.^

I do wonder about the Sentients though. How exactly will they make their way into the game?

I want to be able to say "they remnants of them will come to us from their System", but the way this is billed as "Tombs" of the Sentient... It makes it seem like they're here (which we know they were at some point, given the Lancer Synthesis) but I'm struggling to think of HOW or WHY they'd still be around... Maybe some were captured and locked up for Orokin experiments? I don't know. I need to think on it more.

I want to be able to say "they remnants of them will come to us from their System", but the way this is billed as "Tombs" of the Sentient... It makes it seem like they're here (which we know they were at some point, given the Lancer Synthesis) but I'm struggling to think of HOW or WHY they'd still be around... Maybe some were captured and locked up for Orokin experiments? I don't know. I need to think on it more.

Could be like the Forerunner containment of Flood on the Halos and Ringworlds; research after the fact for better countermeasures/combat.

Which, like the Forerunners, would be fittingly arrogant for the Orokin. Who were they to expect the Tenno would cut them down as well?

Or the Sentients were here first and the Orokin kicked them out to claim Origin for themselves. As a totally possible but I guess cliche plot twist. (Bit like the Necrons being all over the place)

Could be like the Forerunner containment of Flood on the Halos and Ringworlds; research after the fact for better countermeasures/combat.

Which, like the Forerunners, would be fittingly arrogant for the Orokin. Who were they to expect the Tenno would cut them down as well?

Or the Sentients were here first and the Orokin kicked them out to claim Origin for themselves. As a totally possible but I guess cliche plot twist. (Bit like the Necrons being all over the place)

Flood specimen were brought to the Ark prior to the galactic purge. Terrible mistake on the Forerunners part.

Given the Orokin are pretty confirmed human at this point, I'm not buying that last part. Interesting point on Necrons, though. A thought that DID cross my mind was "they were hiding, waiting for the moment to strike", but... then WHAT were they waiting for? Why DIDN'T they strike?

But chances are it WAS Orokin experimentation on them - we've already found parts of them within the derelicts, so it's most likely.

Some think periodic invasions, some think full scale war. Only time will tell.

Oh, well, in THAT sort of vein: I think it'll be like Assassin attacks, but replacing the whole enemy group on the mission.

Fighting Grineer? Suddenly you get:

"All is silent and calm..."

AND BOOM!

SENTIENTS!

Given the Orokin are pretty confirmed human at this point, I'm not buying that last part. Interesting point on Necrons, though. A thought that DID cross my mind was "they were hiding, waiting for the moment to strike", but... then WHAT were they waiting for? Why DIDN'T they strike?

But chances are it WAS Orokin experimentation on them - we've already found parts of them within the derelicts, so it's most likely.

Generally yeah, but still...Sci-fi loves itself some precursor stuff.

As for why, well...anything from lack of motive, lack of purpose, lack of unifying forces...reconstructing combat worthy size of army...though Teshin does seem pretty convinced in his sales pitch that it'll be from beyond the Outer Terminus the bad stuff will come.

Oh, well, in THAT sort of vein: I think it'll be like Assassin attacks, but replacing the whole enemy group on the mission.

Fighting Grineer? Suddenly you get:

"All is silent and calm..."

AND BOOM!

SENTIENTS!

"Operator, something is- ALL IS SILENT AND CALM"

"Operator, you need to HUSHED AND EMPTY IS THE WOMB OF THE SKY"

"Operator, Ordi-"

If anything is going to be your early warning system for Sentient Incursion, I wager it'll be our favourite borked AI.

Oh Ordis. How much will they make you suffer?

(Apologies if overtly evil. Stand by my theory he's broken because he GTFO'd from Sentients in the Old War...which'd be way he's possibly the only functional Cephalon of his type, considering Simaris' comments on the matter)