Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Competitor For Speed?

9tailboy

Recently I just got chroma, and I f**kin love it, the possible builds you can make using chroma, I love it, especially his effigy.

So everyone knows what effigy does, but what really makes effigy interesting for me is the 20%+ bonus speed, but the -50% armor loss(which leaves you with a good amount of armor). However, if you use a max rush with effigy active, chroma goes really fast!!!

So if I'm correct, Chroma has base sprint speed 1.0, +30% makes it 1.3, and 20% speed increases leaves it at 1.5 or 1.56, thats not as fast as loki with rush, but it outclasses rhino prime with vanguard.

Of course, zephyr with jet stream and volt with speed would outclass all of these fools, I want to just say that chroma is a potential player in the speed race, all he needs is an effigy augment that increases speed, but lowers armor more.

here is my ranking for fastest warframes(note all these warframes have maxed rush):

1: Zephyr(with jet stream), can go with speed of about ~5.94412(if jet stream does not have a power strength cap)

2: Volt(with speed), can go with speed of about ~3.211

3: Loki can go with speed of about ~1.63

4: Chroma(with effigy) also tied with nova and mirage, can go with speed of about ~1.56

5: Rhino prime(With arcane vanguard), can go with speed of about ~1.55

-----

And sitting at last place #23: Frost!!!

Well thats all I got to say, reply and like on what you think

Er, point of order: A rhipri with vanguard is the same exact speed as loki.

Not to say your math sucks, but your math sucks, even what you did is wrong too. I did get zephyr's sprint speed wrong, but you got it wrong as well, its ~5.9

The speed of a warframe is increased on a augment mod or power after sprint speed with rush is applied, therefore, it allows her to go faster, approximately 2.8 is what you got, which is too low for her real speed, even loki with a 1.63 speed has a little difference, 2.8 is not even enough.

And I did add the arcane vanguard helmet to rhino prime, the difference is rhino prime has a 0.01 difference in speed than nova, mirage, and chroma.

I can smell Judgebanks, he's burnt.

Not to say your math sucks, but your math sucks, even what you did is wrong too. I did get zephyr's sprint speed wrong, but you got it wrong as well, its ~5.9

The speed of a warframe is increased on a augment mod or power after sprint speed with rush is applied, therefore, it allows her to go faster, approximately 2.8 is what you got, which is too low for her real speed, even loki with a 1.63 speed has a little difference, 2.8 is not even enough.

And I did add the arcane vanguard helmet to rhino prime, the difference is rhino prime has a 0.01 difference in speed than nova, mirage, and chroma.

Zephyr's base sprint speed is 1.15, Max Power Strength would yield a modifier of 2.84

(1.15 × 1.3) × (1.15 + (0.4 × 2.84)) − 1

^Max Sprint                ^Jet Stream with Max Power Strength(184%)

I don't know where you're getting your numbers, but you might want to try using a calculator next time.

Also Loki's speed with sprint maxed is 1.625, not 1.63, and just because you feel that it may be too slow doesn't mean you know how to do math. Leave your feelings out of this, and show your work.

Pro tip: All mods are multiplicative. With the exception of range increasing mods.

How you managed to convince yourself that you can move 500% faster than your base speed is beyond me.

ummm, so thats 40% speed from auras, 30% speed from rush, 147% from volt speed, 397.6% from zephyr jet stream, 426% from wormholes, lets calculate.

Nova has 1.56 speed with rush.

Now 1.56*1.4*2.47*4.976*5.26= holy f**k a sprint speed of 141.193!!!!

I don't even know how one can perform that 

Btw this is all assuming no power strength cap

Wormhole has no power strength increase so it would just be a 50% increase.

Wouldn't Zephyr's jet stream only be a 113.6% increase ?

(base x [multiplier +1])

(.4 x [1.84 + 1])

^             ^ Multiplier

Base speed increase

You probably did (1.4 x [1.84 + 1])

If you did that for Volt though, (1.5 x [1.94 + 1]) you would have gotten a 4.41 multiplier so I guess you aren't?

40% Aura, 147% Volt Speed, 113.6% Jet Stream, and 50% Wormholes, with a total of 350.6% increase in speed.

1.56 x 3.506 = 5.46936 ~ 5.47

In comparison 1.0 Sprint Speed is ~ 7 m/s

This is ~5.47x larger so this Nova could run at ~38.2 m/s = 137 kph.

Not really close to speed of sound but I'm sure we'll make it one day.

Wormhole has no power strength increase so it would just be a 50% increase.

Wouldn't Zephyr's jet stream only be a 113.6% increase ?

(base x [multiplier +1])

(.4 x [1.84 + 1])

^             ^ Multiplier

Base speed increase

You probably did (1.4 x [1.84 + 1])

If you did that for Volt though, (1.5 x [1.94 + 1]) you would have gotten a 4.41 multiplier so I guess you aren't?

40% Aura, 147% Volt Speed, 113.6% Jet Stream, and 50% Wormholes, with a total of 350.6% increase in speed.

1.56 x 3.506 = 5.46936 ~ 5.47

In comparison 1.0 Sprint Speed is ~ 7 m/s

This is ~5.47x larger so this Nova could run at ~38.2 m/s = 137 kph.

Not really close to speed of sound but I'm sure we'll make it one day.

I didn't consider power strength caps thats why.

Zephyr's base sprint speed is 1.15, Max Power Strength would yield a modifier of 2.84

(1.15 × 1.3) × (1.15 + (0.4 × 2.84)) − 1

^Max Sprint                ^Jet Stream with Max Power Strength(184%)

I don't know where you're getting your numbers, but you might want to try using a calculator next time.

Also Loki's speed with sprint maxed is 1.625, not 1.63, and just because you feel that it may be too slow doesn't mean you know how to do math. Leave your feelings out of this, and show your work.

Pro tip: All mods are multiplicative. With the exception of range increasing mods.

How you managed to convince yourself that you can move 500% faster than your base speed is beyond me.

1: This was using a calculator: https://www.desmos.com/calculator

2:Sprint speed is not that complicated, multiply sprint speed with rush on before multiplying with ability speed, not subtracting one.

3: I had no feelings in this, just to correct you for being interrogative.

So you gonna show work, or pretend like you know how to do math?

I've already shown my work, and improved it, but you were just displaying what you had shown earlier, no new interests, just same stuff, maybe a little of what I already put in reply to others as well, so as you haven't shown new evidence, I do not require either.

I've already shown my work, and improved it, but you were just displaying what you had shown earlier, no new interests, just same stuff, maybe a little of what I already put in reply to others as well, so as you haven't shown new evidence, I do not require either.

" Now 1.56*1.4*2.47*4.976*5.26= holy f**k a sprint speed of 141.193!!!!  "

Is this your work that you're so proud of? Because that's not how the formula for sprint speed works. If you need help feel free to check the wiki.

Moreover you have this profound fixation that Rush modifies base sprint speed thus modifying all further calculations, again which isn't true.

Here's an old thread that might be able to help you better understand how to do math, while out of date, the math for it's time was accurate, as such you would simply need to account for the higher power cap.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/248819-fastest-theoretical-sprint-speed/

Please do your research next time, and do everyone a favor an stay in school.

Remember each mod is separately calculated.

" Now 1.56*1.4*2.47*4.976*5.26= holy f**k a sprint speed of 141.193!!!!  "

Is this your work that you're so proud of? Because that's not how the formula for sprint speed works. If you need help feel free to check the wiki.

Moreover you have this profound fixation that Rush modifies base sprint speed thus modifying all further calculations, again which isn't true.

Here's an old thread that might be able to help you better understand how to do math, while out of date, the math for it's time was accurate, as such you would simply need to account for the higher power cap.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/248819-fastest-theoretical-sprint-speed/

this is my research, and it is by using the wiki, so it is very accurate, and rush is applied on before all other abilities, so every ability multiplies the final sprint speed using rush, also that forum post is also outdated, so fastest sprint speed is different this time. There is no account for zephyr's jet stream, nova's escape velocity.

And the formula for sprint speed is wrong because you don't multiply then add with a multiplier lower than 1, if used in any exponential formula, it is simply a decay and you are decreasing in speed after time, but because you just add it, you get a answer half as small as would be expected. 

Also note that 1.3 speed multiplier is very small, so just your answer will be too low than as should be expected.

Plus I am in school, taking AP and Pre-Ap dual classes, and soon to be taking dual credit.

Like I said. Nova is undoubtedly the fastest. Using wormhole isn't cheating...

Loki is the fastest, and nova's wormhole is instant transportation, so thats partial cheating, unless with move her distance back in a race, then it is considered cheating.

Seriously? Where is Mirage? She is also faster than Nova

Mirage is #4, with chroma and nova

" Now 1.56*1.4*2.47*4.976*5.26= holy f**k a sprint speed of 141.193!!!! "

How did my sprint speed look?

Why so mean? He's just trying to have fun with math.