Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Login Rewards!

Taipion

Because that is something incredibly simple!

Yet it is something really important!

Login rewards are made to lure people to log in at least once a day, make it their habbit, and this way bind them to the game.

To do this, they need to provide some joy, some positive thing. Players need to feel rewarded for loggin in daily, current rewards do THE OPPOSITE!

Loggin in, getting secondary/sentinel/something-XP?!?! ...like 90% of the time?!?

2400 XP are exactly nothing, anyone can get 300k+ XP within half an hour of gameplay, 2400 is not even 1% of that!

Not to even speak of that many players dont alway have the option to equip a complete set of not-maxed stuff when they log out for the day...

Getting stuff like that feels like you constantly draw blanks, like you lose, every time you log in!

(Again, daily login stuff is there to make people play your game, this is doing the opposite.)

Why not give at least 10k cash?!

Why not give some tiny platinum?! (That is in there somewhere, but unobtainable in the highest tier login rewards!)

Why not give at least some of the rare resources?! (neurodes, neural sensors, argon, tellurium,...)

And FFS exclude BPs of stuff that the player already has, that just feels stupid, though 3.5k cash is still better than 2400 XP.

Even a totally random prime part would be better than the current stuff, yet sure not game breaking.

You could even (maybe in a limited ammount per player) give out cosmetical stuff to get players try it and then buy more!

God, this is so simple to fix, yet so badly made, with sure more impact than DE believes, if they are even aware of this at all...

Edited by Taipion

Login rewards are not your private zero-work loot collection system. Neither are Extractors, and people have made similar threads about Extractors needing to get better stuff.

You want free stuff for doing nothing at all? You are getting some. The fact that people STILL think they are entitled for MORE free stuff on top of the free stuff they are getting already for doing NOTHING AT ALL is asinine.

It's not broken.

It does not need a fix.

If anything, DE should remove it altogether.

Login rewards are not your private zero-work loot collection system. Neither are Extractors, and people have made similar threads about Extractors needing to get better stuff.

You want free stuff for doing nothing at all? You are getting some. The fact that people STILL think they are entitled for MORE free stuff on top of the free stuff they are getting already for doing NOTHING AT ALL is asinine.

It's not broken.

It does not need a fix.

Not having it in the first place, would be better than it is now,

but removing it now, would only annoy people even more.

And please, as you have boldly demonstrated that you do not even understand what this is all about, please refrain from further embarrassing yourself, thanks.

Edited by Taipion

idk what the heck this downer DSpite is talking about, login rewards are a nice way to say hey thanks for playing our game for X successive days in a row and supporting us have some free stuff! It should be decent yes. EXP is pretty garbage seeing as everything u do in this game yields exp... should give more blueprints for potatos or some plat a bit more occasionally.

Edited by Ocaz

It's not broken.

It does not need a fix.

It is broken because it is no longer working toward it's intended purpose. By the way DSprite do you know the intended purpose?

Login reward revamp is in the works. I doubt it will have plat and rare resources.

I think it should have boosters as possibilities. Like a 1-3 hour booster for credits, resources or affinity. That way people won't just log in, get the reward and log right out.

The OP is right. At one point my friend decided he was bored of crap login rewards and skipped a day specifically to reset them. Turns out he tried another game on that day. He quit Warframe one week later. GG.

Thats exactly my point, login rewards are NOT for giving gamebreaking stuff with no effort, but meaningful things that make you feel rewarded for being there and stick to the game.

As it currently stands, DE is losing at least a few players every day with that unnecessarily bad implementation, seems DE did not need that money after all...

They said they're going to revamp the login rewards.But no idea when.I guess in a long time...

There does not happen to be anyone reading this thread who knows when/how that will happen, huh?!

Edited by Taipion

Not having it in the first place, would be better than it is now,

but removing it now, would only annoy people even more.

And please, as you have boldly demonstrated that you do not even understand what this is all about, please refrain from further embarrassing yourself, thanks.

idk what the heck this downer DSpite is talking about, login rewards are a nice way to say hey thanks for playing our game for X successive days in a row and supporting us have some free stuff! It should be decent yes. EXP is pretty garbage seeing as everything u do in this game yields exp... should give more blueprints for potatos or some plat a bit more occasionally.

The sense of entitlement is strong with people.

It's free stuff. When people start complaining about free stuff, it shows the problem to be the people, not the free stuff.

The fact that this extremely simply point does not sink in just proves my point.

There is nothing to FIX. Nothing is BROKEN. Also, saying that I should "stop embarrassing myself" is non-nonsensical.

"should give more blueprints for potatos or some plat a bit more occasionally"

Se that? That's exactly what I mean. "please give us more free stuff that normally costs Plat for no reason other then the fact I think I deserve it, for simply logging in the client for exactly 10 seconds and disconnecting.

There is no need to "play the game", the reward is given on CONNECTION. You are rewarding people doing NOTHING.

Edited by DSpite

. Also, saying that I should "stop embarrassing myself" is non-nonsensical.

You are absolutely right with that! :D :D :D (double negative you know...)

As you don't care to read/think/understand anything that is presented here, please stop harassing/derailing this thread, thanks!

I'll say it one last time, so even you might understand, login rewards:

- should NOT be gamebreaking in what and how much it is

- should still be meaningful, to generate a positive experience for the player

- are meant to make people stick to the game, it's an important psychological mechanic

[edit:] Especially things that need to be built (Forma/potatoe/... BP works well as it triggers more interaction for the player, as well as weapons/frames/... that can be used and leveled!

Every additional player that keeps playing, means more money for developing the game, more people to play/trade/compete with/against, more fun for everyone.

Edited by Taipion

The sense of entitlement is strong with people.

It's free stuff. When people start complaining about free stuff, it shows the problem to be the people, not the free stuff.

The fact that this extremely simply point does not sink in just proves my point.

There is nothing to FIX. Nothing is BROKEN. Also, saying that I should "stop embarrassing myself" is non-nonsensical.

"should give more blueprints for potatos or some plat a bit more occasionally"

Se that? That's exactly what I mean. "please give us more free stuff that normally costs Plat for no reason other then the fact I think I deserve it, for simply logging in the client for exactly 10 seconds and disconnecting.

There is no need to "play the game", the reward is given on CONNECTION. You are rewarding people doing NOTHING.

Not everyone logs on and disconnects after getting the login reward. Experience as a reward is indeed pathetic, especially since it's less than 3k. These rewards are supposed to make people look forward to logging in everyday.

Maybe you feel as if the system is fine but it seems like the vast majority disagrees. The system isn't broken but it NEEDS improvement. I never looked foward to logging in because I know for a fact that I'll be getting exp or if I'm lucky, I'll get a useless bp.

Edited by Murderrrr

The system doesn't need any improvement , it needs to be removed. There's really no point in daily login rewards since they don't help. Getting platinum is really easy , all it takes is 2-3 hours of playing. 

I myself have never spent money on the game , cause I just can't afford it and I currently have 2k plats with every frame and 40+ weapons. So please stop begging for stuff cause it's annoying. 

PS: The whole point of your post was to tell DE that you want free platinum , not better login rewards , cause lets face it 10k credits is nothing when you can get 80k in 10 mins on DSS. 

Edited by SziLee

The system doesn't need any improvement , it needs to be removed. There's really no point in daily login rewards since they don't help. Getting platinum is really easy , all it takes is 2-3 hours of playing. 

I myself have never spent money on the game , cause I just can't afford it and I currently have 2k plats with every frame and 40+ weapons. So please stop begging for stuff cause it's annoying. 

PS: The whole point of your post was to tell DE that you want free platinum , not better login rewards , cause lets face it 10k credits is nothing when you can get 80k in 10 mins on DSS. 

Not every new player can get that much that easy, simply because not everyone knows all that.

You, too, have not understood why most good games use daily login rewards to make players not only log in once a day, but make them stay, and how this is necessary for a healthy game, revenue and game development.

[edit:] And how this is NOT about getting lots of stuff for free, but things that motivate you to keep playing, even though I said that lots of times already.

Edited by Taipion

@DSpite u are incredibly saddening my friend. To read ur posts of how much u oppose free stuff when even the devs have talked about making it better makes u sound much more ignorant than once projected. U should bring a decent point to the table rather than cynicism and hatred for your fellow players.

@DSpite u are incredibly saddening my friend. To read ur posts of how much u oppose free stuff when even the devs have talked about making it better makes u sound much more ignorant than once projected. U should bring a decent point to the table rather than cynicism and hatred for your fellow players.

Devs "making it better" doesn't (and likely won't) mean free stuff.

My impression is it will be like a calendar with each day a different reward. I think a valid choice DE should make is do something like boosts as common rewards. So you get 1-3 hours of affinity, credit, resource boost. Maybe a stat buff for an hour or so.

Really there is an issue of just logging in to get the reward then logging out. That's pretty much all I did for a few months.

-snip-

You are rewarding people doing NOTHING.

DSprite,

I normally enjoy your posts as they tend to be illuminatingly polarizing. However the aforementioned quoted section is false.

The login rewards are designed to cause people to log in, which fits in quite nicely with the extrinsic motivation the game employs. Most Free to Play games have this feature, as it facilitates habit formation, and the longer a person plays a Free to Play the more opportunities that DE has to encourage that person to buy something.

sincearly

Zoboso

@Lightsmith what are u talking about? The first sentence in ur post disqualifies it as anything logical, a login reward is on its own "Free Stuff" did u buy it? Did it cost anything but time to get it? As is the logins already work on a said "Calendar" as you cannot get Tokens of the Lotus every single day its about every 3 days. And potato and forma are only given every other day, other than that its the same pool of blueprints credits and exp mixed in. But usually if the Token of the Lotus is on the reward list for that day u logged in, ur going to get a 20% off at the least.

I would also like to say, the most addicting form of logins is those on cell phone games. When you see what reward you will get for the next 30 days and it rotates being that Tier C is this awesome item at the end of your time. Then people will spend an additional 10 minutes to play the game thinking they will go quick and then get out. People do not always like RNG, why add more RNG to an already RNG game? Please... -.-'

Edited by ChloeSakuna

What saddens ME is that many of you seem to think that Login rewards are some thing you have any right to.

What they give out is supposed to be up to DE, not a bunch of players that already have practically everything and need a better "stocking filler". By whinging like children that they need to be higher you are basically stating that you want "a percentage of the game grind removed and instead shoved into a login reward", THAT is what annoys me, and THAT is why you need to take off your damn blinkers.

* If you get Affinity then in-game affinity changes are a better alternative.

* You can't simply hand out Plat, people will make dummy accounts. Also, that is what Plat DISCOUNTS already archive.

* You can't hand out Reactors or Forma or any other item that normally cost Plat on a REGULAR basic, as it impacts DE Plat sales.

* You can't SERIOUSLY think that Login rewards "make people play more often" or that better rewards would make them play more often. I already have Guild War 2. I either feel like playing it and go play it, or I don't feel like playing it and just don't. I STILL log into the game daily for 10 seconds for the free daily reward. Why would I NOT do it if I am ALREADY in front the PC? Would I install the whole game at a friends house just to get the rewards? No. But I would if I wanted to play it for a few hours.

If you think "daily rewards" make people PLAY the game you are seriously deluded. Good gameplay makes people login to PLAY games.

If I was able to install a program that logged me in to every game I own that gave rewards at 1am I would simply because "I can". I would only PLAY them if I WANTED to play them.

You want to "fix" the Login system? Then make it generate CONTENT that we can play. Make it create Alerts based on your favorite ones you play the most that maybe give higher Affinity, or something similar. Make the login process be something interactive, something that rewards you because it gives you new things to do, not just dump more stuff into your inventory.

But no, lets just "get more stuff".

And I'm the one with a problem ???

Edited by DSpite