The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Constantly Crashing Since 16.4 Followed By Crash Reporter Freezing

Varpulis

Is anyone else experiencing random game crashes followed by the crash reporter freezing and usually failing?

Crashes don't seem to depend on the warframes/weapons in game or mission type. Just yesterday the game kept crashing during a raid. I rejoined the same squad at least 10 times and got nothing at the end.

I have no notification of display driver crashing or anything, game just closes itself.

The few times the crash reporter doesn't crash I get a WAR-448285

PC specs:

Gigabyte P67A-UD4

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz

8GB DDR3

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750

Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, 64bit

Hey send that WAR- Number to the warframe support and explain your problem:

http://support.warframe.com/

also after the game crashed and the crash report crashed or not, go to %appdata% /local/warframe and get the warframe ee.log and send that as well (do not restart the game, it will reset the ee.log)

Edited by Saske92

I sent a ticket along with EE and DxDiag logs.

I'm just wanting to see if I'm the only one with this problem. There are no similar threads on this forum and I'm usually the only one that keeps crashing. People are going wtf when I leave and rejoin the squad so many times, and relogging every 30s is getting annoying for me aswell.

Looking at your crash, it appears to be audio related. You can check and make sure that your proper playback device is set as the default under your sound properties in Windows. Verifying your download cache may also resolve the issue; as an extreme you could try playing with your playback device disabled, but that obviously won't be much help if your teammates are trying to communicate with you in a raid. 

It's possible however that something else is causing your problem, and the crash just happened to occur at this point and return the audio error. Are you receiving any other crashes, or is it exclusively WAR-448285?

I have my headset plugged in through a Logitech G110 so windows counts my keyboard as an audio input/output (USB PnP) device and it is set as default in windows.

I have just updated Nvidia driver to version 350.12 and now I'm getting WAR-453194.

EDIT. Tried 2 things...

Plugging in the headset directly into the motherboard and setting that as the default audio device resulted in the same type of crash. In that case the crash reporter failed so I don't have a WAR number.

With the headset not connected and all audio devices disabled the issue seems fixed.

Edited by Varpulis

453194 looks to basically be the same crash; an audio issue. Do you have any other ports temporarily available for your headset? I'm assuming the cable wouldn't be long enough to wear comfortably and that's why it's in your G110, but I'm interested to see if you still receive the crash when the headset isn't going through it.

I have verified the download cache and the issue seems fixed. Hopefully it will remain so.

btw. I have plenty of other ports but its plugged into my keyboard because the G110 has built in cable management so I have my desk free of unnecessary wires ;)

Thanks for your help!

Any ideas what audio errors could have caused the crashing? Looking at the 16.4 patch notes I don't see any audio changes that would be to blame.

Edited by Varpulis

Unfortunately I spoke too soon, the crash occurred again in the same portion of the raid (hijack, G3 room after the core passed first electricity). I was in a rush to rejoin so I have no EE log or WAR number to show. Plugging out the headset prevented further crashes tho.

This time verifying the download cache took significantly longer with several MB to download.

Edited by Varpulis

I had this issue ages ago (around update 12). I figured out that if i lowered my graphics to the lowest then it wouldn't crash anymore (even though my computer could handle high graphic without an issue). It fixed itself by the next update.

It wont fix the bug, but might help if you want to play the event :)

I have already tried lower graphics settings, updating the display driver, windowed / borderless / full screen, turning Vsync off and even underclocking my GPU but it had no effect.

The only fix so far seems to be unplugging all audio devices. I've tried 3 different headsets / earbuds and all result in the same crash. Connecting them through the G110 or the motherboard IO makes no difference. Verifying the download cache only fixes the problem temporarily.

You're consistently tripping an audio assert, so highly unlikely that graphical settings are going to give you any relief. We'd like to add some additional logging to see what exactly is happening on your end, but that will take a bit. In the meantime, could you try lowering your Transmissions Volume completely, under Audio settings?

Yesterday I made a clean install and also updated Realtek audio drivers. Apparently I have been using a 6 year old audio driver.

At around the same time 16.4.4 hit so I don't know what fixed it, but I had no crashes today at all. Will do some more testing tomorrow to see if I can make it crash again but it seems to run stable for now.

Yesterday I made a clean install and also updated Realtek audio drivers. Apparently I have been using a 6 year old audio driver.

At around the same time 16.4.4 hit so I don't know what fixed it, but I had no crashes today at all. Will do some more testing tomorrow to see if I can make it crash again but it seems to run stable for now.

You're the only person to have ever reported that audio crash, so it looks extremely likely that was the cause of your problem. Please let us know though if the crashes return.

M having same problem I lost connection every time I play mission game hangs at the start of each mission

Are you able to load into a mission properly when matchmaking is set to Solo? I'd like to see your EE.log file to see what's going on; please submit a ticket through our support site.