Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth And Ai System Broken Beyond Belief

Mama_Sasha

Update 18.1.3

"NPCs no longer alert all teammates when fighting a player.  Their proximity alert now has a limited range and will not go beyond closed doors."

YES!

This should help QUITE a bit!

]\'[

I was suprised myself to see it. But i aint gonna coat the road with suger jsut yet. i be goin and test this out.

If its true, then i go and add this to a new section in the thread.

I was suprised myself to see it. But i aint gonna coat the road with suger jsut yet. i be goin and test this out.

If its true, then i go and add this to a new section in the thread.

Alrghit  have went and tested it. Seems to work acvutaly. I will now go and add a so caleld Fixed problems section, each problem that has been fixed will ahve the respected patch note to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some more tests. There still seems to have this problem where they suddenly knows your existance, but it is not as prominent since the 18.1.3 fix. They dont alarm everyone, atleast not very often, but they get into cover.

I will do more tests later today and see what more i can find.

Been doing some more tests. There still seems to have this problem where they suddenly knows your existance, but it is not as prominent since the 18.1.3 fix. They dont alarm everyone, atleast not very often, but they get into cover.

I will do more tests later today and see what more i can find.

I am on today and willing to do tests with you if you need to. But I find that little fix to make stealth WAY more fun! Even if I get found out...I simply kill all the witnesses! MU HAHAHAHA! Stealth game-play is actually fun and I am getting stealth kills left and right.

]\'[

I am on today and willing to do tests with you if you need to. But I find that little fix to make stealth WAY more fun! Even if I get found out...I simply kill all the witnesses! MU HAHAHAHA! Stealth game-play is actually fun and I am getting stealth kills left and right.

]\'[

Sometimes, i want to avoid killing to enjoy a more challanging mission (Missions that doesnt require kills, such as sabotage or spy).

• 3 weeks later...

The past few days i've been running a lot of stealth missions and i've noticed a couple of changes in the AI;

- As mentioned before in this thread, being spotted doesn't immediately alert everyone in the solar system.

- Being quick enough about killing an enemy that's spotted you can even prevent him from alerting others in the same room.

- You can't simply pick off clustered groups one by one anymore, they will now recognize their buddies have been killed and become alerted. They won't ring alarms nor alert others they pass, they'll just raise their guns and be more attentive. This too can be prevented if you kill them quickly enough (kill both enemies at once with punch-through).

Now i don't know the exact range in which this is effective, it seems there's a small radius that they'll notice it in regardless of FoV, and then a distance in which they can see it happen and respond. Personally i like this change, makes it a lot more realistic; no more shooting a guy in front of his friends and they'll continue their conversation like he was never there.

The past few days i've been running a lot of stealth missions and i've noticed a couple of changes in the AI;

- As mentioned before in this thread, being spotted doesn't immediately alert everyone in the solar system.

- Being quick enough about killing an enemy that's spotted you can even prevent him from alerting others in the same room.

- You can't simply pick off clustered groups one by one anymore, they will now recognize their buddies have been killed and become alerted. They won't ring alarms nor alert others they pass, they'll just raise their guns and be more attentive. This too can be prevented if you kill them quickly enough (kill both enemies at once with punch-through).

Now i don't know the exact range in which this is effective, it seems there's a small radius that they'll notice it in regardless of FoV, and then a distance in which they can see it happen and respond. Personally i like this change, makes it a lot more realistic; no more shooting a guy in front of his friends and they'll continue their conversation like he was never there.

We are definitly going in the right direction and that change alone did alot.

We just need to have the other problems fixed.

• 2 months later...

can't say much for the stealth system right now but as for the AI:

"

AI that uses squad-based tactics, and exploits situational opportunities is where I see the challenge in this mode heading in the future. If players enjoy this new mode, we will also incorporate into the other factions, but through their own story line. For now, we're happy with how 1.0 is playing out so far, though we will continue to balance the damage and survivability of the Executioners until they feel right. We really wanted to get this iteration out to you guys so we can hear your feedback!

Anyway, that's all I have for now,

Thanks again, Draice."

]\'[