Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki Teer Rework

9tailboy

Did you list that ? Nope cant say you did

Didnt originally because i had faith in your ability to recall facts less than a month old.

That or use the wiki and commit to a basic level of research before embarrassing yourself.

Edited by Dualstar

Yeah Jolt was a pretty nice edition to Void Trader

Tho....I dont get why other event elemental mods are available anytime(as in you can try to farm for it anytime) yet Tethra's Doom mods are sold by Void Trader

Maybe spy will soon have Tethra mods to be farmed who knows

Yeah Jolt was a pretty nice edition to Void Trader

Tho....I dont get why other event elemental mods are available anytime(as in you can try to farm for it anytime) yet Tethra's Doom mods are sold by Void Trader

Maybe spy will soon have Tethra mods to be farmed who knows

Didnt originally because i had faith in your ability to recall facts less than a month old.

That or use the wiki and commit to a basic level of research before embarrassing yourself.

I dont list down every single thing he brings and how exactly is that embarrassing? I have no problem forgetting things a in game npc brings, you on the other hand seem upset about that. And the cosmetic is good the noggle is worthless my idea on bring something new is to actually have a use....

you just put such an epic picture in my head... the entire relay full of gunfire as you run after baro blasting away, with every single guard chasing after you and even some players joining in.

im not sure what the aftermath of that would be,but im pretty sure you would have made baro S#&$ his pants by the ends of it...

Visceral Cleanup??

...on Steam, when the overworked elves in the Santa's toy factory finally had it on the Chrismas Eve. Lol.

I dont list down every single thing he brings and how exactly is that embarrassing? I have no problem forgetting things a in game npc brings. And the cosmetic is good the noggle is worthless my idea on bring something new is to actually have a use....

Well then your idea of 'new' isnt the actual definition of 'new'.

I know the noggle is worthless, all of them are, but it didnt exist before Baro brought it to us and therefore it is new.

I agree his item costs are a bit steep however you were never exposed to the nightmare that was called Destiny's "XUR." Every weekend he would showed up for 2 days when he was supposed to be for the whole  3 days. he had the same items constantly week after week! He had the same items with only 1 item being new for a class you didnt play. Players became so obsessed with his items they would make 3 of the same character to run  the missions to get the only currency he would take. Also sometimes a quest would need you to talk to him and you would have to wait for him to show up. Baro is just fine the way he is, I dont mind repeats given he always has something new that everyone can use.

I hated him so much....

This is only good for you, but bad for DE's business. 

With Baro Teer, DE wants to eliminate/recycle/consume prime parts from the trading market. So the prime parts PLATINUM price can increase. So DE can make more dollar money. 

What you propose is recycling one prime part into another. Everyone will want to trade their useless Sicarus Barrel into Loki System. So the amount of Sicarus Barrel is reduced on the trading market. But since nobody wants to buy Sicarus Barrel with PLATINUM in the first place, DE doesn't make any money from this. On the other hand, Loki System price will drop because now you can get one from Baro Teer. DE loses money from the 200p/each Loki system sales. 

What's worse, since now Loki system/Volt chassis etc. is not so treasured because they're easier to get, they lose swag value. Whales will spend less on these because whales like swag. DE loses money again.  

This is really economics 101. 

Edited by elele

the current system of the trader works fine.

I disagree completely. The current system is tremendously flawed and Baro is not doing the job he was designed for because his offerings have been so crappy for so long that nobody really cares to trade in their parts for ducats any more.

Baro's basically become a joke. Every time I head to a relay to see what he has, there's lots of people lolling at how much of a waste of time it is.

and he is guarnteed one new item each visit. even if you dont like it, and if you can trade it, im sure you'll find someone who does.

For the past three months his "new item" has been untradable cosmetics. Most of those cosmetics being poor quality (what is kubrow fur pattern with no visual FX?) Jolt is "new" if you didn't get it during Tethra or Breeding Grounds, but the actual new item last time was the prisma hecate syandana, which is basically a normal hecate syandana with a relatively cool looking energy effect.

Fact is, people want new stuff that's actually useful ingame. Primed Streamline. Primed Intensify. Primed Stretch. Things in the vein of Primed Continuity and Primed Reach. Things that actually change builds meaningfully. Not garbage like primed fast hands or a bunch of crappy cosmetics (lolol Baro noggle.)