Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Slam Attack Hold Down Quick Melee Not Working...

AluminumHaste

This used to be great up until the latest major update.

You used to be able to jump, then press and hold quick melee "E", and then you'd fly at your target and do a slam attack.

Now I can't do a slam attack unless I'm falling, then I can. What gives, why would you change this?

Go to 13 seconds in this video I uploaded a while ago:

You can see me to a jumping slam attack. DE fix this, you can't do this anymore. Why would you take features OUT?

Edited by AluminumHaste

With how finicky controlling it with the aiming reticle is, the only consistent way to get a ground slam in the midst of battle was to hold it down. I SERIOUSLY hope this wasn't on purpose.

it was in the patch notes... for 16.3 I think... I'm not sure when it was changed.

EDIT: did some checking, it's mentioned as a "FIX" in the 16.4 patch notes, the melee "fix" is at the bottom.

Edited by pokeyoface

Yeah it's in the notes which is why I hate this update.

Fixed held melee attacks being usable in mid-air, causing a ‘gliding slam’ onto an area.  Slam attacks will now drop players directly to the ground.

Seriously, with all the bugs, they use their time to remove a feature that was implented a while ago.....F*** you DE, F***....you.

i'm really bummed about this too. In no way whatsoever would I have considered this a bug, I used to my advantage all the time, and got decent enough with it that I could fly at an enemy and do a slam attack on their head.

DE... Why would you remove this? Who in their right mind would complain about it? Jump > Tap for movement, and Jump > Hold for "gliding slam." It was 136% useful in any situation!!! WTF!!!

If you really wanna fix something, DE, how about you fix me not being able to shoot through my Odonata Shield????!!! That's screwed me over PLENTY of times.

Edited by Bokeazian

Yeah it's in the notes which is why I hate this update.

Seriously, with all the bugs, they use their time to remove a feature that was implented a while ago.....F*** you DE, F***....you.

The problem is that it doesn't work, at all... You don't glide down, you don't drop down, you simply don't do the melee slam and instead do a normal air attack, unless you're looking straight down or falling.

I really wish this was a toggle instead of being removed outright. being able to slam reliably really helps out weapons with great slam attacks like the Jat Kittag, and leaving it up to "am i looking at the right thing on the screen / the right angle" makes slam attacks really finicky.