Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will There Be A Prime Version For Every Warframe?

MonsieurBacon

Is that the plan for the future? I think it would've been much better if you had used Prime as some sort of prestige on your character instead of making them into different Warframes. Or just different gear you could get.

I mean you talk about not wanting to add too many Weapons because it would confuse new players, but what about having 13 Warframes (including Fr Prime, Ex Prime and Trapper) and then another possibly 11 Prime versions of those?

I hope not, it's just a cheap way to prolong the time before we get a new frame

If not everyone will be upset...

I'd rather them do things to their liking than to reject it...

I'd prefer female/male versions of every frame and primes...it's only a matter of when they do it.

They can work on Primes and pump out updates at the same time...

I would not 100% reject the idea...

If the Primes are something to do with "prestiging" then I'm all for it, but if its just another reskin with a couple stats shuffled (but you still need to find 3 blueprints + purchase another blueprint + wait three days for build time) then no please no. Don't want.

Don't want to re-level the same exact frame I've already leveled once before, just with a slightly different visual skin and "gold trim". C'mon!

If the Primes are something to do with "prestiging" then I'm all for it, but if its just another reskin with a couple stats shuffled (but you still need to find 3 blueprints + purchase another blueprint + wait three days for build time) then no please no. Don't want.

Don't want to re-level the same exact frame I've already leveled once before, just with a slightly different visual skin and "gold trim". C'mon!

Like they said: The prime doesn't replace your existing frame, so unless you are a complusive-collector, you won't need the prime version of everything.

Edited by Archistopheles

The Primes will continue to come and they will come with their own unique buffs that will make them a bit special and will be a nice addition to every team. The primes are created by the Orokin's in the Orokin era (which means the old wars), while in Warframe's time line the Warframes are made by the Tenno, in other words the Tenno are the successors of the Orokin and the Warframes they are the Orokin's Legacy. In update 8 there will be anomalies like black wholes which will enable you and your team to time travel to the Orokin era where you will find the parts for Frost Prime and many others. That's what the Developers revealed in the last live stream. The event about the MOA's have a history: In truth, Corpus found a way to travel in time so they went to the Orokin era to steal Orokin technology and artifacts, that's how they made the fusion MOA's, they used Orokin technology. Now in update 8 we must use that technology and go back in time to stop them from robbing our masters legacy, so get ready Tenno, the battle has just begun! 

Btw I want to see Volt Prime soon! :)))

Warframe_Final.png
screen shot software

Edited by RazulDarkwood

Curious about this myself...being on the "prime" subject, I think Excalibur prime has been available for too long already. It was supposed to be an exclusive prime version for closed-beta players. I don't mind DE making $$ on it, nor the fact it was extended for a period, but this is a little too long of an extension. I see about as many primes as standard Excaliburs on a medium to high level mission, and it's losing its value every day...just my "two cents" on the prime business ;)

Edited by xxx7

If they do make Prime versions of every frame, then people will work hard to get them since who wants to use a plain vanilla frame when a better cooler version is out there? Then maybe they will invent a new SuperPrime of every frame that look/move exactly the same except for a few visual enhancements. And then they could go to a MegaPrime version of every frame, and after that they can make the UltraPrime version of every frame.

After that, once most people have started using the top-of-the-line UltraPrime (which has +1 runspeed and -1 shields and beautifull gold filigree trimmed battle-belt and codpiece) a new announcement will be made: the new SuperMegaUltraPrime version will be released in update 14.1 !!!!

The players go wild with joy as the new SuperMegaUltraPrime frames look incredibly cooler than their predecessors and seem to glow with a sparkly joy-filled aura of baddassedness! People who by now have quit the game start to come back in droves just for the chance to farm for a SuperMegaUltraPrime....

(....yeah you can see where this is going right? Not a pretty picture.)

The Primes will continue to come and they will come with their own unique buffs that will make them a bit special and will be a nice addition to every team. The primes are created by the Orokin's in the Orokin era (which means the old wars), while in Warframe's time line the Warframes are made by the Tenno, in other words the Tenno are the successors of the Orokin and the Warframes they are the Orokin's Legacy. In update 8 there will be anomalies like black wholes which will enable you and your team to time travel to the Orokin era where you will find the parts for Frost Prime and many others. That's what the Developers revealed in the last live stream. The event about the MOA's have a history: In truth, Corpus found a way to travel in time so they went to the Orokin era to steal Orokin technology and artifacts, that's how they made the fusion MOA's, they used Orokin technology. Now in update 8 we must use that technology and go back in time to stop them from robbing our masters legacy, so get ready Tenno, the battle has just begun! 

Btw I want to see Volt Prime soon! :)))

I don't think it's time travel. I think the Orokin civilization is just in between space and time.

Would be interesting to be taken there using a blackhole though.

If they do make Prime versions of every frame, then people will work hard to get them since who wants to use a plain vanilla frame when a better cooler version is out there? Then maybe they will invent a new SuperPrime of every frame that look/move exactly the same except for a few visual enhancements. And then they could go to a MegaPrime version of every frame, and after that they can make the UltraPrime version of every frame.

After that, once most people have started using the top-of-the-line UltraPrime (which has +1 runspeed and -1 shields and beautifull gold filigree trimmed battle-belt and codpiece) a new announcement will be made: the new SuperMegaUltraPrime version will be released in update 14.1 !!!!

The players go wild with joy as the new SuperMegaUltraPrime frames look incredibly cooler than their predecessors and seem to glow with a sparkly joy-filled aura of baddassedness! People who by now have quit the game start to come back in droves just for the chance to farm for a SuperMegaUltraPrime....

(....yeah you can see where this is going right? Not a pretty picture.)

Your assuming that you will be able to work hard for the frame and not have it be simply lucky i heard about this game when i did or event or whatever it is. The precedent is Primes will come from luck not from a pay off over hard work.