Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Despises The Lotus.

I would laugh so hard that I might choke if they ever let all these paranoid players refuse the Lotus.  Have fun playing the game with out any intel.  *Checks navigation, not a single node active*  Yeah, bar the Syndicate alerts and the very occasional Darvo mission all our knowledge of where to go comes from the Lotus.  The rewards we get for mission completion come from the Lotus.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

And Teshin?  Yeah, let's trust the guy whose only action is to pit us against our fellow Tenno for sport.  Definitely a better choice than the Lotus who sends us after Corpus and Grineer VIPs who are a threat to us and colonists.[/sarcasm]

What about the syndicates in the relay? Sure we would no longer be able to go to therelays to talk to them, but they aren't based out of there. Perrin would have a large fleet I would imagine, and Steel probably has outposts all in the colonies. We could work for them

What about the syndicates in the relay? Sure we would no longer be able to go to therelays to talk to them, but they aren't based out of there. Perrin would have a large fleet I would imagine, and Steel probably has outposts all in the colonies. We could work for them

bar the Syndicate alerts

Yeah, I kinda covered Syndicates there...  They give us three missions a day.  You want to just do those, go ahead.  I'll keep my options open and not betray the Lotus.

^Very this^

This is Warframe and not whatever games u said OP and both games is not in the same universe,if u dispise her so much why bother playing this game at all? :|

Almost on every single mission/alert/operation/tactical alert,etc etc The Lotus gonna guide u till the end of ur job and ur enemies will be grineer/corpus and she cares about Tenno(proved in Mirage Quest)

And Ms.Rebecca said that The Lotus is our spacemom

The last thing you said there is probably the one thing some folks who dislike Lotus have a problem with. When DE decided to tell the players that both Lotus and the Tenno are the "good guys", they forgot that a good chunk of players hate it when they get scripted as the heroes in a game without proper lore to explain the reason for us to be heroes. We do the Orokin's bidding, then kill them, then take a nap only to wake up and run around and kill more units while stealing their stuff. We are less heroes and more "murderous Hobos" following a thing that we know nothing about.

Sure, DE Rebecca can be trusted (she is human and shows that she cares for the player base), but I will keep Lotus at blade's length and if she says anything with the words " Would, you, and kindly" in any order, I will shiv the crap out of that talking head. Until I see Lotus in action on the field of battle, she is only tolerated at best.

Yeah, I kinda covered Syndicates there...  They give us three missions a day.  You want to just do those, go ahead.  I'll keep my options open and not betray the Lotus.

What i'm saying is that we would basically become part of the organization, Steel/Perrin/Veil what have you, Our intel would come from them, our objectives would come from them, we work for them, not just do missions for them, they literally become the ones who commands us, in steels case it could be "We want you to patrol in colony TX99, we expect an attack by grineer, here's what we know, here's the resources we can give you, contact our garrison commander when you arrive, he can fill you in on the details." it turns from "oh this helps both us and the lotus" to "you're part of our organization now, this is what we need to do".

So much that I made my own clan dedicated to her death. She is solely responsible for promoting and prolonging war and death in the system.  I suspect that she is playing all sides in order to keep conflict going. At any moment she could rally a Tenno army and with a few quick strikes restore peace to the system. But instead she sends us on utterly meaningless and repetitive raids. She's killed more Tenno than I can count with her false or omitted tactical information without so much as an apology. I hate her with the intensity of 1000 super novas and killing her will be a true HATEKILL. I'll strap her bloody broken corpse to the front of my Liset and set the controls for the heart of the sun where she and her spy Ordis can find a happy oblivion together. Yeah.

When this game is finally concluded she will be the final boss, capable of using any/all Warframe abilities and tied into a nearly unlimited energy source. But she'll drop the Chimera parts necessary to convert any Warframe chasis into a Chimera frame with your choice of powers in all the slots (would be cool right).

I find her completely annoying and I either play in silence or with music from my personal playlist.

For one, don't tell me you've detected a large group of robots, granieer, etc and there's nothing for the next 2 mile haul to extraction.

Stop effing with me.

Stop telling me you've detected fire, then proceed to tell me to stay out of it.

Oh, really?

Three minutes into the mission, now you want to tell me it's cold and my shields are effected.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm starting to see that you think I'm an imbecile.

"We" did nothing, I did it and I was against the odds, not "us." How about next time you bring a cipher if you want to help? You're probably telling all the other tenno it was all your doing.

There should be a way to turn her off until she has something new to say. Otherwise, it's so repetitive.

Edited by Ded_man

if you have read some of my many forum posts before you already know im quite a lotus hater.

my reasons in short are: #1 I find her annoying #2 im tired of doing her bidding and listening to her orders. and #3 I don't want to keep the balance as I like the corpus and want them to win.

in fact im not sure why I haven't been fired yet as a teno. since I rarely do missions against the corpus even if they are events or tactical alerts.

last time I looked at my kills it was 30000 corpus to 100000 grineer and 120000 infested. heck I think ive killed more corrupted then I have killed corpus.

so to wrap this up, do I hate the lotus so much that I want to kill her? well if it means I can go rouge and do whatever I want then yes.

I hope you know corpus despise the tenno. For the extermination of the orokin

It is explicitly stated in the Vor's Prize quest that he intends to capture, not kill you.

Vor is the only grinner that has some kind of interest toward the tenno

as long that the tenno is under their control

You'll have to obey blindly to them just like for the lotus

Edited by angias

What i'm saying is that we would basically become part of the organization, Steel/Perrin/Veil what have you, Our intel would come from them, our objectives would come from them, we work for them, not just do missions for them, they literally become the ones who commands us, in steels case it could be "We want you to patrol in colony TX99, we expect an attack by grineer, here's what we know, here's the resources we can give you, contact our garrison commander when you arrive, he can fill you in on the details." it turns from "oh this helps both us and the lotus" to "you're part of our organization now, this is what we need to do".

The syndicats were born and grew up because the grinner/corpus were too busy fighting the tenno.

The actions of the tenoo/lotus brough a sparkle of hope in these dark time.

I find her completely annoying and I either play in silence or with music from my personal playlist.

For one, don't tell me you've detected a large group of robots, granieer, etc and there's nothing for the next 2 mile haul to extraction.

Stop effing with me.

Stop telling me you've detected fire, then proceed to tell me to stay out of it.

Oh, really?

Three minutes into the mission, now you want to tell me it's cold and my shields are effected.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm starting to see that you think I'm an imbecile.

"We" did nothing, I did it and I was against the odds, not "us." How about next time you bring a cipher if you want to help? You're probably telling all the other tenno it was all your doing.

There should be a way to turn her off until she has something new to say. Otherwise, it's so repetitive.

Well, you know, DE did say that there's a rework for those lines coming. So... there ya go.

As for my allegiance? Considering the psychos that run the rest of Origin, Alad V and Vay Hek and New Loka and whatnot, I'm sticking with the Lotus. At least she gives me stuff like the Dex Dakra.

So much that I made my own clan dedicated to her death. She is solely responsible for promoting and prolonging war and death in the system.  I suspect that she is playing all sides in order to keep conflict going. At any moment she could rally a Tenno army and with a few quick strikes restore peace to the system. But instead she sends us on utterly meaningless and repetitive raids. She's killed more Tenno than I can count with her false or omitted tactical information without so much as an apology. I hate her with the intensity of 1000 super novas and killing her will be a true HATEKILL. I'll strap her bloody broken corpse to the front of my Liset and set the controls for the heart of the sun where she and her spy Ordis can find a happy oblivion together. Yeah.

When this game is finally concluded she will be the final boss, capable of using any/all Warframe abilities and tied into a nearly unlimited energy source. But she'll drop the Chimera parts necessary to convert any Warframe chasis into a Chimera frame with your choice of powers in all the slots (would be cool right).

no and no.We saw what happened after the orokin extermination.If winning mean getting rid of the problem then our fate will be even darker than dying trying to keep the balance.

Vor is the only grinner that has some kind of interest toward the tenno

as long that the tenno is under their control

You'll have to obey blindly to them just like for the lotus

And because Vor tried to control a Tenno instead of killing them while they were still in cryo-sleep he got demoted from Admiral down to Captain.

The official line from the Queens is kill them before they awake.

?????

What do you mean?

just a joke... like those ironfist leaders who can't take a joke and sends a deathsquad to interrogate the questioner/comedian.

like this guy:

john_hurt.jpg

Edited by faustias

just a joke... like those ironfist leaders who can't take a joke and sends a deathsquad to interrogate the questioner/comedian.

like this guy:

Is that from 'V for Vendetta'?  Looks familiar but the file name just says john_hurt and I'm pretty sure he never sent anyone to silence his enemies.  What with him just being an actor...

i dont despise her, but i do think she is an egotistical moron.

lotus after grustrag3 : "...but next time follow my orders"    

me: "nope"

lotus: "...stay out of fire"

me: "thanks for that great insight, you are a wonder to behold"

lotus: "im detecting ice..."

me: "im 5 seconds away from extraction, thanks for being on-point!"

lotus: "im detecting grineer heading your way"

me: "so you mean the grineer keep spawning in a survival mission, thanks for the heads up!"

so on and on. 

i dont despise her, but i do think she is an egotistical moron.

lotus after grustrag3 : "...but next time follow my orders"    

me: "nope"

lotus: "...stay out of fire"

me: "thanks for that great insight, you are a wonder to behold"

lotus: "im detecting ice..."

me: "im 5 seconds away from extraction, thanks for being on-point!"

lotus: "im detecting grineer heading your way"

me: "so you mean the grineer keep spawning in a survival mission, thanks for the heads up!"

so on and on. 

Yeah DE should fix that...

I wouldn't say I despise her. I just feel no attachment to her. At all. And that's bad from a story-telling point of view... See what I did?

While most are looking for Lore-gical reasons and arguments, all I can think about is this: Plot device.

That's all she is. A semi-thought out reason to justify the existance of the Tenno in this (game's) era. A bunch of over-used generalities, the archetypical paper-thin mysterious leader. And to me she's just a lazy sketch of a character... along with every other NPC in the game.

Remember that vendor from Resident Evil 4... "Whaddya buyin'"? Why was he there? Why's Helping you? No reason. Other than the people doing RE4 needed a way to let you buy/sell stuff.

Make up your own story so DE doesn't have to pay someone to actually write something that's a little deeper than a kiddie-pool. Read the compilation of script 'interjections' by Ordis and Lotus in the Limbo and Mirage 'quests'. You'll see what I mean.

I might be cynical. But I can also be quite lazy. And I know how to recognize my own kind.

I hope you know corpus despise the tenno. For the extermination of the orokin

your view of someone can change over time as well as your hate towards them. in fact if it took it id gladly "donate" about 3 million credits to help them see that I am on their side.

and if the corpus continue to still hate me stuff em! then id just join up with other tenno who share my views and we would become pirates.

with guns strapped  to the front of our lisets we would hijack our own fleet of corpus and grineer ships. and then we would pillage all there booty rum and fake eye patches! YYYAARRR!! >:)

your view of someone can change over time as well as your hate towards them. in fact if it took it id gladly "donate" about 3 million credits to help them see that I am on their side.

and if the corpus continue to still hate me stuff em! then id just join up with other tenno who share my views and we would become pirates.

with guns strapped  to the front of our lisets we would hijack our own fleet of corpus and grineer ships. and then we would pillage all there booty rum and fake eye patches! YYYAARRR!! >:)

So you want to be the bad guy? TENNO WAR INCOMING!!!       We can both be close minded.

Edited by angias