Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe Do You Think Is Overpowered?

Rollerlane

I'd say it's probably between loki/valkyr/nova.

Loki - squishy but turns enemies into harmless cavemen regardless of enemy levels. With the augment, trumps "queen of cc" which was Nyx.

Has invisibility and decoy, so, easy to stay alive as long as you don't get caught in the crossfire of team mates.

Valkyr - boring god mode 4, also has a lot of armor. Melee damage will fall off eventually though. Only good for staying alive for as long as possible.

Nova - also squishy, but doesn't have any direct defensive abilities. Mprime affects enemies regardless of their level. Need to play more carefully at higher levels, mpriming behind walls and "catching" enemies before they can see you.

That said, loki is probably the biggest game changer in "hard content". Turning enemies into harmless stick wielding cavemen or cavemen that fight each while being able to stay invisible trumps any other ability in the game as far as "difficulty" goes.

Edited by kiteohatto

Did I touch on a sensitive topic (looks at Mazda's avatar)? I even said it wasn't OP, just very powerful. Loki (with Irradiating Disarm) is another I could of added to my list, but I'm sorry, IMO M.Prime is a very powerful ability, even solo (it doesn't need a team at all).

the topic was about being over powered not about strong. I havnt met many Nova player than can go past 40 mins alone I have seen alot loki go past that alone. Every warframe is strong with the right combination. Oh and as for my icon... No i have nyx as well Nova is just prettier lol. I just had to out my two cents in cause loki is way more powerful than Nova. Edited by (PS4)Mazda_07_

I'd say it's probably between loki/valkyr/nova.

Loki - squishy but turns enemies into harmless cavemen regardless of enemy levels. With the augment, trumps "queen of cc" which was Nyx.

Has invisibility and decoy, so, easy to stay alive as long as you don't get caught in the crossfire of team mates.

Valkyr - boring god mode 4, also has a lot of armor. Melee damage will fall off eventually though. Only good for staying alive for as long as possible.

Nova - also squishy, but doesn't have any direct defensive abilities. Mprime affects enemies regardless of their level. Need to play more carefully at higher levels, mpriming behind walls and "catching" enemies before they can see you.

That said, loki is probably the biggest game changer in "hard content". Turning enemies into harmless stick wielding cavemen or cavemen that fight each while being able to stay invisible trumps any other ability in the game as far as "difficulty" goes.

what about vauban? He's pretty good too I've seen people solo with him past 40 mins in corners.

I don't think any warframe is overpowered, but I do think some are more effective than others when the content itself becomes unbalanced like in long endless missions, the Trial Law of Retribution, or the recent Bursa event. While Rhino, Oberon, Chroma, and other tanky frames can be nigh unkillable in early starchart missions; their abilities and stats have clear early ceilings that while they can overcome in some situations, they eventually cannot overcome while still being trying to make their warframe choice effective or valid for the mission. Nova, Trinity, and Loki scale better in harder content. 

Nova's abilities, especially before the recent nerf to her Orbs, don't care all that much about enemy level until we get to above lvl 60 enemies and even then are what allow teams to still be able to take down enemies versus emptying all their ammo into a mob or two. Loki as said earlier, doesn't care about enemy level with his abilities at all as they don't directly damage. When enemies can oneshot everyone, those that are not hit or invulnerable are the only ones that can stand - Loki is all about this - you can't shoot him with guns because he is either invisible or he took away your guns entire. After that, it is a game of chasing Loki and his allies while they play melee or range tag with you. Trinity is probably one of the most effective tanks in the game as she can heal life, shields, and give reduction of damage for a duration - without this suit spamming heals, you can't survive a hit from most enemies higher than lvl 40 without having a very real chance of going down.

Essentially, while most warframes experience a usefulness plateau, the enemies do not. Warframes that have abilities that don't require scaling or scale better than their peers are the only ones that have effective and well designed abilities for this enviroment. I am not saying the design of the warframes are bad, by all means, some are quite interesting and powerful to the level they peek out at. The problem exists however that the game is moving towards challenging the most equipped Veteran player instead of the average player. Look at how many people actually got the reward from the Bursa event or have completed the Raid/Trial. Neither are very representative of the player community or with the warframes used versus the warframes available. I think the main question of the discussion should not be 'What warframes are Overpowered' and instead be: 'Which warframes are effective for high-level content'.

Edited by Urlan

the topic was about being over powered not about strong. I havnt met many Nova player than can go past 40 mins alone I have seen alot loki go past that alone. Every warframe is strong with the right combination. Oh and as for my icon... No i have nyx as well Nova is just prettier lol. I just had to out my two cents in cause loki is way more powerful than Nova.

Though T3/T4 may be more difficult (only because of packs of Nullifiers) but still quite doable (T1/2 she owns), Nova is the queen of ODD. With a maxed slow-Nova she can go crazy long ODD solo. Even when other classes start hitting the mob armor limits, M.Prime still makes them kill-able and easily manageable (high status corrosive or viral weapon even more so). Only issue becomes the boredom. Much prefer pairing with a Frost and going speed-Nova (also in ODS) - more rewards/xp for the time investment. Loki is pretty poor in ODD, survival too at later stages because it becomes harder to control the Venimous Eximus units while M.Prime can keep them all slowed at distance.

Though T3/T4 may be more difficult (only because of packs of Nullifiers) but still quite doable (T1/2 she owns), Nova is the queen of ODD. With a maxed slow-Nova she can go crazy long ODD solo. Even when other classes start hitting the mob armor limits, M.Prime still makes them kill-able and easily manageable (high status corrosive or viral weapon even more so). Only issue becomes the boredom. Much prefer pairing with a Frost and going speed-Nova (also in ODS) - more rewards/xp for the time investment. Loki is pretty poor in ODD, survival too at later stages because it becomes harder to control the Venimous Eximus units while M.Prime can keep them all slowed at distance.

t1 to t3 is irrelevant I can make ember last past 40 in those alone. I have never been in a Def where disarm was not good. Sure nullies make it hard but you can't prime people in the bubble either. Not to mention you have to keep your self alive with no Def powers unlike loki. Sure mprime can cover the map but you can't cover the map if you being shot or have nullies in every corner. You clearly never taken Nova past 40 mins in t4 other wise you would see that mprime isn't all that good.

You clearly never taken Nova past 40 mins in t4 other wise you would see that mprime isn't all that good.

Clearly? Really? Maybe you should look at your own skill level instead of insinuating what others can't do using veiled insults? Also you seem to be stuck on the Loki vs Nova arguement? Why? I never argued Loki was less or move powerful than Nova. You did. I even admitted Loki is powerful in the followup. So what are you trying to argue? 

The one area I was comparing the two was ODD, and Nova is by far and away more powerful in that situation.

Edited by KracsNZ

Clearly? Really? Maybe you should look at your own skill level instead of insinuating what others can't do using veiled insults? Also you seem to be stuck on the Loki vs Nova arguement? Why? I never argued Loki was less or move powerful than Nova. You did. I even admitted Loki is powerful in the followup. So what are you trying to argue?

The one area I was comparing the two was ODD, and Nova is by far and away more powerful in that situation.

please excuse me if I sounded uh condescending it wasn't my intentions. But to answer your question in your original post you didn't mention loki or trinity or anyone else. So I from that statement I had see onto why you thought Nova was more op than loki. I tend to be a Lil too brutally honest in a debate lol. Edited by (PS4)Mazda_07_

guys, please stop.. don't bash other people fave frames. just let this thread die.

Threads like this one will make DE do unnecessary nerf.

you can laugh now, but what will you do if your favorite things got nerfed just because someone whine on the forum.

Edited by JDP04

please excuse me if I sounded uh condescending it wasn't my intentions. But to answer your question in your original post you didn't mention loki or trinity or anyone else. So I from that statement I had see onto why you thought Nova was more op than loki. I tend to be a Lil too brutally honest in a debate lol.

No worries, and yes, I do know how powerful Loki is (was an oversight on my initial post). My Loki Prime is my T4C speed machine. With the extra sprint speed + BO Prime parkour + perma invis and the massive number of T4C keys I got from the Syndicates when they still had them made for ALLOT of spare Ducats lol (300+ keys, down around 60 now lol).

Still have over 200 T4I lol, don't think I'll run out of them soon.

Edited by KracsNZ

No worries, and yes, I do know how powerful Loki is (was an oversight on my initial post). My Loki Prime is my T4C speed machine. With the extra sprint speed + BO Prime parkour + perma invis and the massive number of T4C keys I got from the Syndicates when they still had them made for ALLOT of spare Ducats lol (300+ keys, down around 60 now lol).

Still have over 200 T4I lol, don't think I'll run out of them soon.

man I did the exact same thing lol! Except with surv keys I didn't think the cores would ever get nerfed >~< my &amp;#&#33; still hurts from that. One frame I thought would be really good was chroma......... I'm disappointed now :( anyway glad we were able to act like 2 adults and work out a dispute. It was a pleasure to meet you young man.

guys, please stop.. don't bash other people fave frames. just let this thread die.

you can laugh now, but what will you do if your favorite things got nerfed just because someone whine on the forum.

- holds opticor close- shhhhhhhh de might be listening keep it down!

I think it's more when the evidence is provided and it's obviously broken is when DE really reacts (i.e. the Excalibur Draco farm). People showed/complained about what was happening/and or DE were collecting the stats themselves and they reacted. 

Issue was with DE's reaction. It hurt Excalibur in regular play rather than them fixing the issue with the intercept farms. But hey, arguments for another thread.

And yes, I'm dreading the possible future LoS changes to other frames... /cringes 

Edited by KracsNZ

Yeah, i've been played this game for 2 years. i've seen horrible things DE done just because someone whine or boast in the forum.

DE is bad at balancing, they over-nerf things to the ground and then leave it collecting dust for a couple of months. Until maybe one day they "remember" they did something wrong. (usually another whining needed to rebuff the nerfed one) :/

what about vauban? He's pretty good too I've seen people solo with him past 40 mins in corners.

Nah, vauban isn't as great as loki/nova. He is only good when you know where the enemies are coming from so you can catch them in a choke point. He also has harder time on open maps, because he gets shot a lot before he can CC the mobs with either vortex of bastille. On top of that....you have to pick between bastille or vortex when minmaxing the build. It's duration vs range + power.