Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe Do You Think Is The Least Useful?

Xamuswing

I'd probably say Limbo. There are other warframes that contribute less than others in hard content, but limbos powers are designed in such a way that they are the easiest to mis-use and actually be a detriment to the team. If anyone on the team, or the limbo player himself is not completely familiar with the power being used and knows what to do and when, then its actually a hindrance. I've seen a surprising amount of people in voids etc still pumping ammo into enemies inside the zone etc. You see flashes of this in other powers, Nyx mind control, frosts one way bubble, but on the whole Limbo is the biggest offender in that respect.

Other frames that might not have much punch, like Ember seems to get mentioned alot, Oberon would be in that camp in my experience. But at least they still do what they can and contribute in smaller ways, they don't have the potential to hold the team back.

Ember and ember prime.

Though if asked about most commonly seen as useless due to how they're played by bad players...

Rhino, as per how most players user rhino.  Freaking useless.

Most lokis I've been on spy missions with have been worse than useless, they've been downright burdens.

Most limbos are also useless in runs.  Ugh.  They tend to spend more time on their back than (name of low intelligence celebrity mostly known for having an unimaginative sex tape).

Most oberons I've been in runs with, I see go down constantly.

1. knockdown is hard cc. The ability itself is fire and forget in a wide area for 25 energy base

2. try to air melee in a narrow coridor or after you got swarmed by infested and suffer under those clunky hitboxes

3. It´s instant, it´s aoe, it´s hard cc - and i don´t think you understand how good that skill actually is, surrounded? - quicktap it, need to shutoff a choke point? As long as you like - need to reload? need to dodge bombard missle, eximus fire wave? quicktap it

4. In a -min area (+power) build you create choke points where regular t4 mobs (not bombards, ancients) level 40+ dies instantly

Revive, i just wanted to point out for what the abilities can be used - a good proper spawn rate comes from knowing the tilesets, where to point and so on. It´s a experience thing. This brings me to the conclusion that you actually just don´t know how to play properly hydroid.

1 - Wide Area? 10m in this game is not exact;y wide area. Even if you maximise area,its 23 m. And you probably didnt understand what I said. Suppose at position A,your teammate goes down. Now you start Barrage at that position and go to revive your friend. Meanwhile,other enemies from position B shoots you to pieces. Hydroid is not exactly tough,so u will die. Moreover,Barrage does not have 100% accuracy. You can not recast it in another place if needed. I can knock down enemies with Rhino Charge,with Mag's Pull and I can repeat those as much as I want.

2 - I air-melee everywhere. And I am yet to die because I wasn't able to air-melee. Maybe you need a bit of practice,that's all.

3 - And you forget the area...Its 18m,hard capped.

So,you are saying,Vauban's Bastille is not hard CC(not sure if there is a harder CC than Bastille)? That Rhino stomp is not hard CC(not the best example,but it has wider radius),that Mag's Pull and Excal's Blind is not hard CC, that Nekros' Terrify and Banshee's Silence is not hard CC?

AS I said,Undertow is good for yourself,not a team ability.

And I can always dodge Bombard rockets and such. If you can not,then maybe either you need to practice harder or stick to Hydroid and be useless to team.

4- Good enough. Enemies die...Then what? New enemies spawn,but I can not cast it again. Lets see other damage abilites -

Miasma = 4444...everything dies.

Nova MPRME = 4 + Left mouse click = Boom = everything dead.

Mesa Peacemaker = It's Obvious.

Ash Bladestorm = Nothing to say. Its the most powerful damage ability.

Nyx Absorb = Absorb 100k damage and then BOOM. There is no way even lvl 40+ Bombards will survive.

Now,lets think Tentacle Swarm is a CC ability. Compare with other CC abilities -

Vauban = Bastille and Vortex. Enemies are shooting galleries.

Radial Disarm = Enemies run around with cattle prods.

Sound Quake = Constant stagger in wide area.

Radial Blind = with lesser energy consumption,it can keep enemies at place.

Terrify = Less energy needed. Re-castable hard CC. Reduces enemy armor.

Rhino Stomp = Damage + hard CC. Non - re-castable though.

Pull = Hard CC with 25 energy.

Silence = CC with finisher chance.

Absorb = Double tap for knockdown CC.

And none of these abilities have the problem of hitting an empty space instead of where the enemies are.

My conclusion -

Maybe you need to stop playing only Hydroid and start using others properly.

Edited by NN13

I'd say Hydroid, but mostly because his 1 and 4 have ways of spawning in weird ways, his 2 is a bit S#&$ if you mod -range (and you should if you want to use tentacles with an ounce of reliability) or -dration (which would let you change 1 and 4's locations easily)his 3 is pretty good at taing groups of eneies out of a fight, but eximus auras ignore it and you'd generally prefer to just throw barrage and murder them, his 4 would be pretty good if the tentacles didn't have a habit of spawning on the cieling for no goddamn reason.

He does become pretty useful with his 4's augment, but without that he's kinda meh, he has a lot of CC but if there's something you want CC to be is reliable, and his really isn't.

Ember is almost pure damage. 

Waht

1 has a small cc due to fire proc
2 is spammable aoe stun with +250% fire dmg buff

3 has knock back/knock down

4 can (unreliably) knock down with the aug (but fire proc fucks up further knockdowns)

Edited by Aaira

Ember, because none of her abilities are really that powerful.

All those people who say "but I can do teh T4 survival!!" I can do that with anyone. My guns do all the talking. Ember doesn't do anything but carry them. Anyone can do that.

1. I don´t max the area, it´s a -area build so it´s a very focused shutdown but still big enough to completely negate ANY movement in area wide as the north site entrance of t4 def - with just a finger tip - with 100% accuracy just need to be accurate about where you point

2. You airmelee, i press 2 and i am far away from danger, uncontested, untouched - so yeah that´s pretty good

3. You don´t need a wide area, it´s a situational skill and i already provided you situations where it can be used for the team

4. It´s a good ultimate not the best but also not the worst - what this thread would be about you know. ""And none of these abilities have the problem of hitting an empty space instead of where the enemies are."" - a tip if you like: try to cast when an enemy is in a place where you want tentacles to spawn and try a -area build so they are more focused in one spot, than all you need is experience in the tilesets because some areas make tentacles spawn werd

I see a lot of people listing Ember/Hydroid/Limbo, but all three of those have their uses I think.  Ember and Hydroid certainly aren't the best at damaging or CC, but they can pull it off OK.  Limbo can actually be a powerhouse in the right hands, I've played with a few good Limbos.  Yeah, the visual effects are annoying, but at least it isn't useless.

I gotta go with Zephyr.  I can't think of any good reason to use Zephyr except for mobility.  Melee launches and coptering are good enough to get around quickly.

1. I don´t max the area, it´s a -area build so it´s a very focused shutdown but still big enough to completely negate ANY movement in area wide as the north site entrance of t4 def - with just a finger tip - with 100% accuracy just need to be accurate about where you point

2. You airmelee, i press 2 and i am far away from danger, uncontested, untouched - so yeah that´s pretty good

3. You don´t need a wide area, it´s a situational skill and i already provided you situations where it can be used for the team

4. It´s a good ultimate not the best but also not the worst - what this thread would be about you know. ""And none of these abilities have the problem of hitting an empty space instead of where the enemies are."" - a tip if you like: try to cast when an enemy is in a place where you want tentacles to spawn and try a -area build so they are more focused in one spot, than all you need is experience in the tilesets because some areas make tentacles spawn werd

Meh...Seems like there is no point in arguing with you. Because you take half of my points and start your arguments from there. You never consider my full arguments. Which makes me think that either you somewhat agree with me or you are just ignoring the negatives points.

1 - I repeatedly said that it can CC one small area,while enemies from other area(OTHER FREAKING SIDE OF THE MAP) can tear you to pieces. But you ignore that part.

2 - Why would I waste energy if I can just Air-melee my way out RELIABLY. Yes,reliably,because I can do it reliably. Or you know,Slash Dash or Rhino Charge,etc.(Considering that I do not use Air melee on purpose,which I never do).

3 - Situational abilities are never good. Ask anyone. Good Skill = Versatile Skill.

4 - Yes,I know all tilesets. Dude,I am playing for 1500 hours. I literally can draw the picture of any tileset in my mind. No,it does not always depend on tilesets. I have had problems with tentacles when I casted it while zooming in on a location. Happened to me numerous times on Jupiter DS defense,when I zoomed in on the defense object(which was surrounded) and casted tentacle swarm and the tentacles spawned entirely somewhere else.

Edited by NN13

I see a lot of people listing Ember/Hydroid/Limbo, but all three of those have their uses I think.  Ember and Hydroid certainly aren't the best at damaging or CC, but they can pull it off OK.  Limbo can actually be a powerhouse in the right hands, I've played with a few good Limbos.  Yeah, the visual effects are annoying, but at least it isn't useless.

I gotta go with Zephyr.  I can't think of any good reason to use Zephyr except for mobility.  Melee launches and coptering are good enough to get around quickly.

I kinda agree that Zephyr suck. But for me,its first Hydroid,then Zephyr.

Zephyr's 1 and 2 are useless.

Zephyr's 4 suffers from similar problem as Hydroid's 4th. But I have noticed that the CC ability of Tornadoes is a bit better than Tentacles. Mainly because tentacles can CC only 12 enemies.

Now,IMO,Zephyr's positive point over Hydroid is Turbulence. Its one hell of a protective power. It can successfully deflect anything,including Bombards' rockets. And with enough range,it can protect allies and defense object as well.

Meh...Seems like there is no point in arguing with you. Because you take half of my points and start your arguments from there. You never consider my full arguments. Which makes me think that either you somewhat agree with me or you are just ignoring the negatives points.

1 - I repeatedly said that it can CC one small area,while enemies from other area(OTHER FREAKING SIDE OF THE MAP) can tear you to pieces. But you ignore that part.

2 - Why would I waste energy if I can just Air-melee my way out RELIABLY. Yes,reliably,because I can do it reliably. Or you know,Slash Dash or Rhino Charge,etc.(Considering that I do not use Air melee on purpose,which I never do).

3 - Situational abilities are never good. Ask anyone. Good Skill = Versatile Skill.

4 - Yes,I know all tilesets. Dude,I am playing for 1500 hours. I literally can draw the picture of any tileset in my mind. No,it does not always depend on tilesets. I have had problems with tentacles when I casted it while zooming in on a location. Happened to me numerous times on Jupiter DS defense,when I zoomed in on the defense object(which was surrounded) and casted tentacle swarm and the tentacles spawned entirely somewhere else.

Meh and you nitpicking skills and comparing them without relation like in case 1

1. The other site you´re talking from - it´s safe and sound and tentacled - you see that isn´t even a argument for the skill to be bad. It´s without any relation to what´s happening

2. Nothing is faster, safer, more reliable than pressing one button, doing knockbacks and being invincible and moving 40 meters

3. don´t know why you´re into semantics now. The usages i provided to you already are showing that this is a multifunction tool that is depending on the one holding it = the epitome of skill

4. As i said experience, you should than try to point it elsewhere, the pod and the area where it directly stands on is one of those places where the tentacles go werd, try to cast it right next to the edge of the texture and it will be perfect

And don´t be so salty. I understand where you´re coming from but you desperately want to argue that hydroid is THIS bad. Also stop with this "mimimi no point in arguing*. I´m listening to what you say and just bringing what i red in correlation with my experience, the result is what you now red.

"None of her abilities are that powerful?" That is a very naïve viewpoint. Her accelerant ability is a very powerful ability. When Ember is used right, she is very powerful. If you cannot figure out how to use her, that is your problem. Also, what is with this "This frame can do this better" mentality? I use Ember, because I want to use Ember, if I wanted to use Nova, then I would use Nova. If everyone went with the "this frame is the best" mentality then people would only use the same frames over and over again.

I kinda agree that Zephyr suck. But for me,its first Hydroid,then Zephyr.

Zephyr's 1 and 2 are useless.

Zephyr's 4 suffers from similar problem as Hydroid's 4th. But I have noticed that the CC ability of Tornadoes is a bit better than Tentacles. Mainly because tentacles can CC only 12 enemies.

Now,IMO,Zephyr's positive point over Hydroid is Turbulence. Its one hell of a protective power. It can successfully deflect anything,including Bombards' rockets. And with enough range,it can protect allies and defense object as well.

Hydroid can be useful when doing interception due to his undertow. Really useful against high tier enemies; rather than killing them, we allow them to be trapped by undertow due to a limit of enemy spawning

...or maybe he's just good for events. Idk, during escalation we had two, and I just waited drinking coffee

Edited by Jaruis

It's not about whether or not they're good. It's about which is the least useful, and the simple fact of the matter is that no matter how hard people fanboy for ember, she will always be slightly below average in high level play, because she lacks inbuilt utility.

Im far from being a ember fanboy, its rare for me to pick her up, yet I know she is very powerful in high levels, none of her damaging abilities is worth in high levels, only accelerate is, when with low continuity, its stuns and stuns the enemies over and over, making it possible to survive and kill enemies on high tiers.

Are you serious? Ash is highly useful and becomes even more useful with augment mods. His duration for smoke screen is already enough time at max rank. Ash is my favourite warframe I ever played. I would also say that he is more stealthy than Loki. Smoke shadow augment also now makes the whole squad invisible for a amount of time.

Personally I would suggest banshee for most useless warframe

A short team invisibility is cool an all, but you can't defend an objective with that. It'll actually make it harder to defend an objective. I'm not familiar with stealth damage mechanics TBH but it's not the equivalent damage boost of a real damage boosting skill and it's not the duration of a real damage boosting skill. It does not prevent area damage and more and more enemies are able to do AoE's or see through it.

Ash not "useless" of course but I definitely consider him the "least useful".

I don't need to defend Banshee's usefulness lol...

4. As i said experience, you should than try to point it elsewhere, the pod and the area where it directly stands on is one of those places where the tentacles go werd, try to cast it right next to the edge of the texture and it will be perfect

And don´t be so salty. I understand where you´re coming from but you desperately want to argue that hydroid is THIS bad. Also stop with this "mimimi no point in arguing*. I´m listening to what you say and just bringing what i red in correlation with my experience, the result is what you now red.

I said I am not gonna argue,because last time I carried a argument,I got a warning point.

Moreover,I am not the one who started this. You were the one who quoted me. I just shared my opinion. I never stopped you from sharing yours. I am just defending my opinions here. I said Hydroid feels bad to me and I am gonna stick with that. There was no reason for you to start defending Hydroid in the first place. You feel he is good,very well. Use him and post which frame you think is bad. That was the whole point of the thread.

If you quote me to prove me wrong,I will defend my viewpoint. As simple as that.

And about point 4...Maybe instead of me pointing beside the Pod texture,DE should fix the aim for the tentacles.

Edited by NN13

A short team invisibility is cool an all, but you can't defend an objective with that. It'll actually make it harder to defend an objective. I'm not familiar with stealth damage mechanics TBH but it's not the equivalent damage boost of a real damage boosting skill and it's not the duration of a real damage boosting skill. It does not prevent area damage and more and more enemies are able to do AoE's or see through it.

Ash not "useless" of course but I definitely consider him the "least useful".

I don't need to defend Banshee's usefulness lol...

You're not supposed to "defend objectives" with Ash. Every warframe has a speciality. Ash isn't the "stand in one spot and defend it" type. I find that he thrives in survival, extermination and interception. Ash is more so the kind of warframe that's meant to be constantly moving around and racking up kills. He seems to have the most trouble in both defense and mobile defense, due to his lack of reliable widespread CC and his somewhat slow Ult. As far as every other mission type however, he's extremely effective, so much so that I rarely even have need of his invisibility.

Anywho, as far as the OP goes, I don't really see any frames as "useless". It all depends on your play style really. Besides, all of the frames that would be considered "useless" by most of the fanbase are getting full reworks such as Excal, Frost and hopefully Ember afterwards. So after the wave of reworks, I imagine the frame will be more balanced, provided the reworks as implemented well.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Loki. He was brought up in the "OP" thread a few times, but I disagree with that.

While I love playing Loki and invisibility is very effective (though balanced by his terrible survivability, ultimately becoming required at all times) and Radial Disarm might be one of the best skills in the game, he's stuck without much to help other people. Being invisible for emergency revives is great, but it's not a co-op skill and Warframe is unquestionably a co-op game.

Without irradiating disarm, I found I was causing my teammates to get mobbed by very powerful melee enemies and some would down them in a single hit while a horde of them stood over their downed self making it effectively impossible to revive them. Ultimately, we decided it was better to be shot at than be beat down in a single blow. With Irradiating Disarm, you can get a mini-Chaos effect, but the result ends up the same in the end. Any enemy that you found it absolutely vital to take the gun away from is hell on wheels with their stun rod just as without ID. You need to either recast it every ten seconds or team up with someone with real CC abilty. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it's lacking a safety component on its own.

The real shortcomings are in the other two skills. Decoy just dies too easily. At a level where enemies need distracting, it's dead almost as soon as they see it and then they're all back on you and your team. It is a waste of whatever tiny amount of energy you've spent on it. It doesn't even seem to have that great of an aggro effect.

Switch teleport is more or less useless except for swapping positions with your decoy to reach weird platforms. Yes, there is an augment that grants invincibilty to a teammate if you switch with them, but wading into a group of enemies while still being able to switch with a teammate is once in a blue moon just because of Line of Sight, let alone asking them to keep a position where you'll be able to get them easily. Frankly, you could probably have just shot those enemies from far away or killed those enemies yourself with your stealth damage multiplier. And what if they don't kill everybody and the invincibilty expires? They're surrounded. It's a lot of setup for not a lot of payoff. Even other "useless" or situation skills don't require this kind of screwing around.

I would love to see decoy tweaked to be a better support ability (and I mean without a slot-taking augment) and for switch teleport to become a more useful tool. (You know what might be good there? A pull-teleport, opposite of Ash's. Loki doesn't move, and simply brings an entity to him, unless it's his decoy, in which case he swaps as normal. Now that would let me save some people.)

Loki's strengths are in avoidance, I'll be ever so disappointed if they ruin my invisible fun, RD is great, but I wish I could help people more with the other two abilities and feel useful as something other than a guardian angel that pins bombards to walls for them.

I wouldnt say that there are any useless frames. All have their means in something. Excali is fun. Ember is also fun. Limbo is even funnier and so on. There is no such thing as useless frame but lets say the least useful: Hydroid. I am not saying he is weak or smth. He is just weird. But on the right hands his powers become your nightmare. The most useful is Nyx. Ftw!

I'm going to go against the grain and say Loki. He was brought up in the "OP" thread a few times, but I disagree with that.

While I love playing Loki and invisibility is very effective (though balanced by his terrible survivability, ultimately becoming required at all times) and Radial Disarm might be one of the best skills in the game, he's stuck without much to help other people. Being invisible for emergency revives is great, but it's not a co-op skill and Warframe is unquestionably a co-op game.

Without irradiating disarm, I found I was causing my teammates to get mobbed by very powerful melee enemies and some would down them in a single hit while a horde of them stood over their downed self making it effectively impossible to revive them. Ultimately, we decided it was better to be shot at than be beat down in a single blow. With Irradiating Disarm, you can get a mini-Chaos effect, but the result ends up the same in the end. Any enemy that you found it absolutely vital to take the gun away from is hell on wheels with their stun rod just as without ID. You need to either recast it every ten seconds or team up with someone with real CC abilty. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it's lacking a safety component on its own.

The real shortcomings are in the other two skills. Decoy just dies too easily. At a level where enemies need distracting, it's dead almost as soon as they see it and then they're all back on you and your team. It is a waste of whatever tiny amount of energy you've spent on it. It doesn't even seem to have that great of an aggro effect.

Switch teleport is more or less useless except for swapping positions with your decoy to reach weird platforms. Yes, there is an augment that grants invincibilty to a teammate if you switch with them, but wading into a group of enemies while still being able to switch with a teammate is once in a blue moon just because of Line of Sight, let alone asking them to keep a position where you'll be able to get them easily. Frankly, you could probably have just shot those enemies from far away or killed those enemies yourself with your stealth damage multiplier. And what if they don't kill everybody and the invincibilty expires? They're surrounded. It's a lot of setup for not a lot of payoff. Even other "useless" or situation skills don't require this kind of screwing around.

I would love to see decoy tweaked to be a better support ability (and I mean without a slot-taking augment) and for switch teleport to become a more useful tool. (You know what might be good there? A pull-teleport, opposite of Ash's. Loki doesn't move, and simply brings an entity to him, unless it's his decoy, in which case he swaps as normal. Now that would let me save some people.)

Loki's strengths are in avoidance, I'll be ever so disappointed if they ruin my invisible fun, RD is great, but I wish I could help people more with the other two abilities and feel useful as something other than a guardian angel that pins bombards to walls for them.

Some frames just need teamwork to be in their most useful "state". There are soloers. Then there are teamworkers (speaking of individual frames).

Some frames just need teamwork to be in their most useful "state". There are soloers. Then there are teamworkers (speaking of individual frames).

I totally agree, but my desire to be a team player is at odds with my love of being an invisible jerkwad who breaks everybody's guns. Tweaking the two borderline-useless skills to be more team oriented would be swell.