Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe Do You Think Is The Least Useful?

Xamuswing

Please dont start with the "other frames do it better" fallback. Its not an argument. You said Ember brings NOTHING to teamplay, when 3/4 of her abilities can provide CC. She ADDS fire damage with an augment, and can also increase fire damage on enemies, so no, teammates dont need to mod for pure fire dmg.

WoF can knock enemies down- thats something useful for teamplay

Accelerant is a very quick cast that stuns a room - thats definitely useful for teamplay. Whether or not you think its the best CC in the game is irrelevant, its still very useful and gives the team a much needed breather. It can even be cast while in the air.

Fireblast knocks back enemies- how is this not useful for teamplay? It clears crowds away, clears pods, panics enemies. Its useful when reviving, even if your not the first player there, and it has a quick cast time.

also- Everyone likes to talk of her damage drop off, but a good Ember can still deal the most damage/kills in many missions. Yes, even deep into T4. 

Any half-intelligent Ember player knows she has very little mod space to spare for an augment when facing high level enemies, especially one as terrible as Fire Fright *shudder*

So your argument that she can add fire damage to teammates is kind of null mainly because nobody uses that augment. And it's not like I haven't tried Fireball Frenzy & Accelerant team support build on her. Just trying to free up the space for augment and spamming Accelerant and Fireblast to clear the line for teammates' fire tend to hinder her killing capacity too much that most of the damage buff she can provide to the team is kind of evened out by the loss of her kills or sometimes not even that. What I'm trying to say is that she can play a more supportive/team-oriented role, yes, but it's usually not worth the effort, both for Ember and other teammates :S

You keep missing my point completely, are you willfully misreading my comment just to argue? By your logic, sure Ember brings something to the table because she can kill things and killing things is beneficial for team play. Again, there is very little difference for Ember between solo and team, something you'd know if you've ever played Ember solo in T3/4 environment. She can contribute to the team by doing what she does (burning stuff and being gorgeous) but her dynamics don't really change significantly in a team. She has very little team synergy to offer in a typical T4 Survival squad--her CC tools are a bit too basic and general (with the exception of not-always-reliable heat procs, but that's mostly due to animation lock rather than her heat procs not working :S) that it's quite inefficient to use for anyone but herself. 

No frame is truly "useless," this I completely agree with. And yes, Ember contributes to the team. But so does anyone who isn't afking or intentionally trolling. 

Edited by traybong111

Everyone who is posting to support Limbo is posting resolutions to trolling AFTER he has trolled you. And believe me we all get it. We all get that there are things you can do AFTER he has trolled you. But nobody has addressed the problem of him trolling and perhaps continuously trolling a player in the first place.

It's like if I post "I dislike Limbo and find him such and such because he has the ability to troll another player", the problem is the ability to troll in the first place. By responding to me with remedies I can perform AFTER the Limbo player has already trolled does not address the original issue.

It would be like if you were chilling in a room and somebody locked the door on you to keep you from doing whatever it is that you need to do, and then your suggestion is well they may have locked you inside, but there is a window out back, you can simply go to it and climb out.

Yes, I agree that is a reasonable solution, but that solution is POST fact. It does not address the problem with you getting locked in there in the first place. Especially if you have a player who deems it appropriate to constantly do that.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

There are several ways to make your game insufferable, Valkyr can ripline you into a crowd of mobs, Vauban can block your waypoint, as well as Nova can. Frost either. And this abilities you can't disable or prevent, like you can easily walk out of rift.

Anyway, how often you see people wasting their time to spoil your game? I don't see at all.

Any half-intelligent Ember player knows she has very little mod space to spare for an augment when facing high level enemies, especially one as terrible as Fire Fright *shudder*

So your argument that she can add fire damage to teammates is kind of null mainly because nobody uses that augment. And it's not like I haven't tried Fireball Frenzy & Accelerant team support build on her. Just trying to free up the space for augment and spamming Accelerant and Fireblast to clear the line for teammates' fire tend to hinder her killing capacity too much that most of the damage buff she can provide to the team is kind of evened out by the loss of her kills or sometimes not even that. What I'm trying to say is that she can play a more supportive/team-oriented role, yes, but it's usually not worth the effort, both for Ember and other teammates :S

You keep missing my point completely, are you willfully misreading my comment just to argue? By your logic, sure Ember brings something to the table because she can kill things and killing things is beneficial for team play. Again, there is very little difference for Ember between solo and team, something you'd know if you've ever played Ember solo in T3/4 environment. She can contribute to the team by doing what she does (burning stuff and being gorgeous) but her dynamics don't really change significantly in a team. She has very little team synergy to offer in a typical T4 Survival squad--her CC tools are a bit too basic and general (with the exception of not-always-reliable heat procs, but that's mostly due to animation lock rather than her heat procs not working :S) that it's quite inefficient to use for anyone but herself. 

No frame is truly "useless," this I completely agree with. And yes, Ember contributes to the team. But so does anyone who isn't afking or intentionally trolling.

You quote my post that clearly highlights her CC capability and all you got from that was "ember is good because she can cause damage"?

I can easily fit 2 augments on my Ember. You have no idea of what you're talking about. Maybe you just don't know how to play Ember.

Youre point of "she plays the same solo" is nonsense. CC is CC. How does Nova play all that different with a team compared to solo?

You quote my post that clearly highlights her CC capability and all you got from that was "ember is good because she can cause damage"?

I can easily fit 2 augments on my Ember. You have no idea of what you're talking about. Maybe you just don't know how to play Ember.

Youre point of "she plays the same solo" is nonsense. CC is CC. How does Nova play all that different with a team compared to solo?

As I've said, your logic that any CC is CC and therefore useful in team, has nothing to do with my point or others' who have said Ember doesn't shine (as much) in a team. By that logic, anyone who isn't afk-ing and doing some kills still contributes to the team. Heck, most Frames have some sort of CC in their arsenal, but that doesn't mean they are priority picks for a squad because using Ember's CC for anything other than to facilitate her own kills is usually inefficient (say, even if you time the heat procs to trap some enemies via alternating Accel and Fireblast, something will always get out, whereas max range Nyx's Chaos stun and Absorb knockdown alternating keeps an area locked down more reliably) Or, to top it off with another insult, maybe you got carried by your team too often to a point where you mistake that as teamwork--how do you like that?

Edited by traybong111

By least useful it sounds like you're asking which frame has the least amount of group benefitting abilities. In which case I'd say it is ember. I like playing as ember in infested missions and things get pretty interesting when you throw fire quake on there for anything other than infested but it's not as reliable as the cc abilities of many other frames.

As for saryn, I haven't had any interest in this frame so I can't give a good opinion.