Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gammacor Should Deal Radiation Damage

420degreequicksopeswag

It says it's a mining/mineral investigation laser. (From the wiki: "Designed to quickly vaporize minerals for content analysis, users discovered its powerful beam was equally efficient at dispatching hostiles.") 

It does magnetic as, in its original purpose, it would remove ferrous ore from a location. Radiation would be pointless for such a task. 

-snip-

just because it says Gamma in it's name does not mean it's referencing Gamma Radiation.

you've seen that the description clearly explains it as a data device, that when (presumably to me) overclocked, can be deadly.

all forms of high activity Energy can be considered Radiation, so you can litigate in any direction you want, basically.

- - - - -

far more importantly though, Magnetic makes the Weapon not particularly great against anything, which in terms of Balance is a good thing.

Rename it or something

Call it the...

Magneticor?

Magnecore

you've seen that the description clearly explains it as a data device, that when (presumably to me) overclocked, can be deadly.

far more importantly though, Magnetic makes the Weapon not particularly great against anything, which in terms of Balance is a good thing.

This^

I beg to differ. The magnetic damage base allows one to build rad/viral with it to make it the only ground weapon able to have all 3 of the aforementioned elements. This makes it exceedingly efficient at killing high level corpus of any kind.

Nukor pales in comparison to synoid gammacor

In terms of constant proc rad no. Also base dmg is higher than Synoid's... Also rads only good against Robotics and a bit CC...

The magnetic Synoid has makes it easier to build duo elements that synergies well with:

Magnetic/Corrosion  or Radiation/Viral/Magnetic or Corrosive/Blast/Magnetic

Changing its element to Magnetic will make both top builds unfeasible...

Radiation is obscene versus corpus...

You'd be better off building for pure Viral then. Or Viral/Electric for extra damage on both robotics and on flesh (i don't know of it can be done though).

Is doable with current element, means you'll be doing Magnetic + Electric + Viral

Also Radiation, with exception to Crewmen, does 25% dmg to Robots. Granted eletric does better job with Moas/Ospreys but when faced with boss enemies like Lynx, Zanuka or Hyenas with Ferrite Armor it does 75% dmg....

Electric is neutral vs Ferrite and deals +50% vs robotics and shields.

And Radiation is terrible vs Ferrite.

Actually in terms on Ferrite Alloy:

qDks9FO.png

2xuhtvG.png?1

Electric is awful against Alloy Ferrite, but is useful against shields.

However your right that electric is good for Shields while Radiation isnt which is -25%; with the exception on Robotic which does 25%.

DDyljtg.png

Edit: Got confused with Ferrite and Alloy >-< though I still stand that Rad has it's place on Corpus faction ~ 

Edited by Fionntan

i'd rather a Viral base Weapon than Magnetic, then you could add some other combo you like, and have pure Toxin.

just incase your Corpus steamrolling wasn't good enough, now you got Toxin into your Weapon.