The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros's Chicken Soup For The Soul Punch: Finisher Treatment!

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

Nekro's last update has put him in an all new light, along with the introduction of his new Shield of Shadows augment, he has become somewhat of an offensive/defensive hybrid of sorts. Something I never would've even deemed possible.

There are just a few more adjustments to be made to him: Making his A.I for SOTD more capable and giving Soul Punch the ability to mark targets for SOTD.

This will allow you to specify and choose you're group more analytically. The enemies won't have to be killed in order to be "marked", and if somebody were to kill them before you do, it will still be added to you're specific pool of enemies regardless. This allows even more synergy with Nekros's abilities, letting him have interchangeable playstyles from supporter with Desecrate to an offensive SOTD user.

EDIT: After SOTD has been cast, in addition to marking prioritized targets, let us be able to send our Shadows to any area via waypoint by SP. With this we will be able to hold down specific chokepoints or to advance on the enemy.

Thanks 7lions for that incredible feedback.

Augment

Death's Grip

Hitting an enemy with SP will cause them to freeze. Killing them while under this effect will cause the body to explode in radial viral damage forcing the viral proc. Enemies in the area hit with the viral proc,will also be hit with a cold proc as well and will also have the chance to be frozen too. Shooting the frozen enemy will spread the effects to other enemies w/o the need to cast it again.

Projectile damage and explosive radius, increased with damage mods.

EDIT: To increase SP effectiveness, turn it's base damage to finisher damage, turning his only damage ability into a GOOD damage ability. This added with the ability for SP to prioritize targets, will make it good for gathering heavies as part of your group.

This will make Nekros have a more offensive presence on the battlefield, adding sustained CC and used with Terrify, enemies with armor will not only have it lowered but it will also add to health loss as well, synergy.

If anything, I would love the changes to SP being able to add to SOTD effectiveness. Other than that the augment was just something to add to the post for shivs and giggles, priority goes to Soul Punch SOTD integration.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

I've never played Guild Wars nor its sequel, so I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Also have you ever heard the sayings, "death's cold grip" or more widely known, "you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands"

The eventuality that our bodies turn "cold" after death isn't worldwide phenomena, it happens. Death has also been described as cold and alone, so how come enemies freezing after death have nothing with the actuality that we lose heat and our body temperature drops.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

If anything, I would love the changes to SP being able to add to SOTD effectiveness. Other than that the augment was just something to add to the post for shivs and giggles, priority goes to Soul Punch SOTD integration. 

^ +1 This

To jazz it up a bit more, in addition to being able to SP enemies and prioritize them, we can also use SP as a way point setter for the shadows so we can send our army of undead on a march to the designated way point to clear, hold, defend vital points. Any improvement to the SOTD AI would be greatly welcomed =)

Giving SP a viral proc or Finisher damage could make it easier for Nekros to cherry-pick heavy units for his next SotD.  Increasing the damage of the projectile and projectile explosion (and making them affected by power strength) would give it more damage potential as well.  

Giving SP a viral proc or Finisher damage could make it easier for Nekros to cherry-pick heavy units for his next SotD.  Increasing the damage of the projectile and projectile explosion (and making them affected by power strength) would give it more damage potential as well.  

Heck, maybe it could even debuff affected enemies with a 'curse' that turns all damage they take into Finisher damage, which is an ability no other frame has at the moment.

Thanks, that was my end goal for SP. And maybe they could possibly turn SP into finisher damage innately, then have the augment apply the viral and cold proc to it

Heck, maybe it could even debuff affected enemies with a 'curse' that turns all damage they take into Finisher damage, which is an ability no other frame has at the moment.

It's official, I'm adding that to the ability as well.

Death's Grip

Hitting an enemy with SP will cause them to freeze. Killing them while under this effect will cause the body to explode in radial viral damage forcing the viral proc. Enemies in the area hit with the viral proc,will also be hit with a cold proc as well and will also have the chance to be frozen too. Shooting the frozen enemy will spread the effects to other enemies w/o the need to cast it again.

I'm fine with this spreading, but only one iteration. An enemy that didn't get hit by Nekros directly should not be able to spread it. Having it spread infinitely would not only replace Nova's ult, but do a better job, because it would spread indefinitely and because Viral damage is much more effective than Blast.

Awesome suggestions by the way, I would love to see it implemented. Nekros really needs a rework.

I'm fine with this spreading, but only one iteration. An enemy that didn't get hit by Nekros directly should not be able to spread it. Having it spread infinitely would not only replace Nova's ult, but do a better job, because it would spread indefinitely and because Viral damage is much more effective than Blast.

Awesome suggestions by the way, I would love to see it implemented. Nekros really needs a rework.

Most definitely. Nekros should be the only one to set off the explosion. As to keep it from getting too overpowering.

And with these changes, he probably won't need one. With the exception of better A.I of course.

How does it tread on saryn venom?

When the target enemy is killed, the Viral debuff spreads to other enemies within a radius around the first target. This can spread for as long as Nekros maintains the freeze effect. That's basically Venom, except with an added freeze effect and without the Viral debuff on the initial target. Edited by Noble_Cactus

When the target enemy is killed, the Viral debuff spreads to other enemies within a radius around the first target. This can spread for as long as Nekros maintains the freeze effect. That's basically Venom, except with an added freeze effect and without the Viral debuff on the initial target.

hmm last i checked mixed elemental from different WF buffs didnt stack IE, Volt + Saryn Aug buff does not equal corrosive. But who knows I may be wrong

When the target enemy is killed, the Viral debuff spreads to other enemies within a radius around the first target. This can spread for as long as Nekros maintains the freeze effect. That's basically Venom, except with an added freeze effect and without the Viral debuff on the initial target.

It could be lowered to 25% effectiveness. Because Saryn's venom does 50% to an enemy's health. With the added freeze, it would be incredibly overpowering.

Personally I think it boils down to 2 things to improve nekros. SotD AI improvements and adding targets to SotD. A desecrate augment to add targets would be nice, as well as the soul punch augment. I'm a huge player of Nekros, this thread is awesome :)

Personally I think it boils down to 2 things to improve nekros. SotD AI improvements and adding targets to SotD. A desecrate augment to add targets would be nice, as well as the soul punch augment. I'm a huge player of Nekros, this thread is awesome :)

Good man reborn glad you chimed in on the thread, this will gain more traction as they develop the game for more in depth play and strategies. I'm sick of ppl telling me nekros should stick to desecrating, I'll them to "stfu nekros does want what nekros wants"

I may not be as much of a Neckros player as some of you here but here is my personal and humble opinion of what I would love to see happen with Nekros

-Soul Punch

This ability is why I bought him I enjoy playing Necromancers (my MTG deck is based around Jarad Golgari xD ) and as a Necro of sorts I thought it was very interesting of DE to create an ability that hurled someones soul right out of their bodies :D

The change I would make to it is let it scale with how powerful the enemy is, what I mean by this is the more powerful the enemy the more powerful their soul right? So keep its base damage but allow it to scale with the enemies power level. If its.... OVER 9000!!! Then it should be a pretty powerful soul punch. Sorry I had to do that joke xD 

Anyway of course lets not make it too overpowered in the sense that he 1 shots things, just that it really hurts when he sends them flying and you can actually see some missing hp in their health bar... cant tell you how many times I've brought my necro to a high tier defense mission only to use soul puch and think it was bugged out because I didnt see any of their hp go away. This should be an ability change as a whole not a mod >.>

Also as many of you have said I would like to play Nekros and be wanted for more than Desecrate spam. If they fixed that I would start playing him again =]