The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extreme Bad Stuttering Only On Earth

Aaryl

I'm using gaming laptop Asus G750JM-T4018P to play, which I have no problem with running Warframe, I always get at least 100fps in any tileset.

Thing is, I visited Earth after long time, so I have no idea which update caused the problem

Stutter happens like this. In the beginning of the mission, stuttering will begin, each stutter freezing the game for AT LEAST 20 seconds, if I wait for it to come back to normal, stutters again and repeat until it stops at one point. It's really unplayable with this stutter in earth, could you find something about this....?

I'm using gaming laptop Asus G750JM-T4018P to play, which I have no problem with running Warframe, I always get at least 100fps in any tileset.

Thing is, I visited Earth after long time, so I have no idea which update caused the problem

Stutter happens like this. In the beginning of the mission, stuttering will begin, each stutter freezing the game for AT LEAST 20 seconds, if I wait for it to come back to normal, stutters again and repeat until it stops at one point. It's really unplayable with this stutter in earth, could you find something about this....?

A freeze of that size should stick out like a sore thumb in the logging. Could you please submit your EE.log in a support ticket for us to look at?

Something else I'd like you to try is turning your Audio settings all the way down to 0 ingame and let me know if that changes anything for you.

Will do, I'll PM you for the EE files.

+, I think the duration of the freeze seem to be inversly proportional to the internet speed. Faster the internet is, freeze is shorter. Too bad internet sucks here, so it's freezing for over 10 seconds every stutter  :|

+, I'll have to wait for the internet to get slow (after lunch time), and then test it....Stutter isn't happening yet.

Edited by --Q--Aaryl

Will do, I'll PM you for the EE files.

+, I think the duration of the freeze seem to be inversly proportional to the internet speed. Faster the internet is, freeze is shorter. Too bad internet sucks here, so it's freezing for over 10 seconds every stutter  :|

+, I'll have to wait for the internet to get slow (after lunch time), and then test it....Stutter isn't happening yet.

If you think it's related to your network speed, could you please try with your matchmaking mode set to Solo.

If you think it's related to your network speed, could you please try with your matchmaking mode set to Solo.

With all due respect it is not. I played solo, and as an experiment I selected to play T1 sabotage, While in the void - it went smooth and slick, once I teleported to the Earth tilset it fricked out with heavy lagging once a 5 sec freezes each of 1 or more seconds long.

I also raised the related topic earlies ofc no one gived a rat's paw for it ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452570-earth-glitches-big-time )

Happy THIS topic drawn due attention.

Edited by YourMoms

I get the stutters and slight freezing as well on Earth jungle tileset at the moment as well, thankfully I haven't had one of the crashes occur yet. I am using Direct x 9 (Both Direct x10 and x11 turned off in the launcher settings). I believe the issue to be sound related but would love to know if something else is the cause.

Sounds like underpowered hardware, mostly in the shaders department. Albeit, some of those open tilesets have an issue with reverb causing minor hitches, I'm going to lean towards it being a rendering issue. Drop your Dx setting down to 9 (disable both 10 and 11 to achieve this) and run another playthrough.

Also: When was the last time you optimized the download cache for potential corrupted files?

I have seen this aswell, and my PC can easily handle Warframe at max. The stuttering stopped after around 5 of them.

Do the 5 stutters return each time you restart the game? If so, please submit your EE.log in a support ticket.

As for existing and new posters in this thread, I'd like to know if you experience the stuttering in both the Day/Night variations of Earth, or only one or the other.

turn off DX11 or 10, DX9 fixes most of those stutters...(at least it did it for me)

Something that occurs to me is that DX10 and 11 treat water WAY differently than DX9. Earth has water out the yin yang. Try switching to 9.

Do the 5 stutters return each time you restart the game? If so, please submit your EE.log in a support ticket.

As for existing and new posters in this thread, I'd like to know if you experience the stuttering in both the Day/Night variations of Earth, or only one or the other.

It only seems to happen after the client is running for a while. If I load Earth as the first mission after starting Warframe I don't get any stutter, but after playing a few other non-earth maps I get it. Earth stutter resolves after probably 30s or so? Maybe some memory wasn't getting freed before. I have a 4mb EE.log you can look at but it's got over 4 hours worth of game time in it...

On 64bit client Windows 8.1 with GTX 770. Haven't turned of DX11 or DX10.