Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battlefront Will Have No Iron Sights And Destiny Expansion

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-teases-destiny-s-fall-expansion-calls-i/1100-6427148/

Yadda yadda yadda, new destiny expansion teased and they're calling it the biggest expansion to be released for Destiny.

Now let's get on with the better news

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-wont-have-iron-sights/

Eeeeuuugh...I hate shooter games with no iron sights.

My interest in Battlefront just keeps going downwards.

See. I never had interest in either of these games because IMO Warframe does it better. The only thing I want from Warframe that these games have is the destructible environments & Open world planets. Aside from that. Warframe just does it better. And it's free. It's 10/10

See. I never had interest in either of these games because IMO Warframe does it better. The only thing I want from Warframe that these games have is the destructible environments & Open world planets. Aside from that. Warframe just does it better. And it's free. It's 10/10

And better balancing.

And more story.

And more lore.

And more solid mechanics.

And less grinding.

And less RNG.

Yeah, there's a reason why I'm playing WF less and less.

It was exactly the same in previous Battlefront games, most guns were hip-fire (in third and first person) and only weapons like sniper rifles had scopes. Technically speaking, guns that shoot lasers shouldn't have recoil and shouldn't really need iron sights anyways, you could literally point and shoot a target.

All that being said, all the other Battlefront news so far has made the game sound worse than previous iterations (mostly content-wise).

Edited by Ailith

It was exactly the same in previous Battlefront games, most guns were hip-fire (in third and first person) and only weapons like sniper rifles had scopes. Technically speaking, guns that shoot lasers shouldn't have recoil and shouldn't really need iron sights anyways.

Was it?

Well my opinion has changed on this.

I dislike games with no iron sighting, main reason why I don't bother played CS:GO.

DICE has stated that they are trying to keep it as true to the original Battlefront games as possible. Battlefront never had iron sights. Neither has Warframe, is your interest in Warframe going downwards too due to a feature that hasn't even been in either franchises?

Oh, and PLEASE don't claim "no space battles! Not true to the original games!" Because what they're doing IS true to the original Battlefront itself. There was no space battle, but the space ships were featured on land.

Edited by NoggDog117

Was it?

Well my opinion has changed on this.

I dislike games with no iron sighting, main reason why I don't bother played CS:GO.

I think there was a 'zoom' function, but all it would do was zoom the whole screen to your crosshairs (like a more primitive version of Warframe's zoom).

Edited by Ailith

DICE has stated that they are trying to keep it as true to the original Battlefront games as possible. Battlefront never had iron sights. Neither has Warframe, is your interest in Warframe going downwards too due to a feature that hasn't even been in either franchises?

Warframe has a form of iron sights by right clicking and focuses your aiming.

That is how TPS games handles iron sighting. To me, FPS games don't work right and are awkward to use without iron sights.

I think there was a 'zoom' function, but all it would do was zoom the whole screen to your crosshairs, no iron sights (just like Warframe).

I think that was for the TPS aspect. 

Which is fine, considering the fact that the TPS viewpoint will be more widely used due to increased situational awareness.

Ah yes, the expansion into pc. What's that? you don't want more money? ok... Though then again it could just be another dlc pack.

With no sights it sounds like battle front will turn out to be a fast paced moba.

Edited by Postal_pat

Oh, and PLEASE don't claim "no space battles! Not true to the original games!" Because what they're doing IS true to the original Battlefront itself. There was no space battle, but the space ships were featured on land.

People wanted it to be like Battlefront 2.

Not Battlefront 1.

That is why everyone is annoyed at the lack of space battles.

Warframe has a form of iron sights by right clicking and focuses your aiming.

That is how TPS games handles iron sighting. To me, FPS games don't work right and are awkward to use without iron sights.

DICE will probably do that. Also, what Warframe has is not a form of iron sights, iron sights refer to the actual part of the weapon, and in games such as Battlefield, is commonly referred to as not the aiming itself, but looking down the sights to aim up a better shot. The iron sights you refer to are, in fact, a form of aiming, much like Ailith said here:

I think there was a 'zoom' function, but all it would do was zoom the whole screen to your crosshairs (like a more primitive version of Warframe's zoom).

DICE will probably do that. Also, what Warframe has is not a form of iron sights, iron sights refer to the actual part of the weapon, and in games such as Battlefield, is commonly referred to as not the aiming itself, but looking down the sights to aim up a better shot. The iron sights you refer to are, in fact, a form of aiming, much like Ailith said here:

As I said, it is a form of iron sighting. It isn't actually iron sighting, but to me, I refer to it as such because there is no official word for it other than zooming. And I hate saying zooming. Just doesn't sound right.

People wanted it to be like Battlefront 2.

Not Battlefront 1.

That is why everyone is annoyed at the lack of space battles.

I know they did and still do. Believe me, I'd do anything to get space battles into DICE's Battlefront, but the topic of mention was not player's preferences, but of the developer staying true to the original series. Knowing DICE's style, they want starships and land vehicles on the same map so that it adds to intensity.

As I said, it is a form of iron sighting. It isn't actually iron sighting, but to me, I refer to it as such because there is no official word for it other than zooming. And I hate saying zooming. Just doesn't sound right.

It really doesn't. I just call it aiming though. :D

Also, commenting on the Destiny expansion: Hear that? That's the sound of all PC gamers (and some console) all going "eh" at the same time...

EDIT: No, I don't hate Destiny. I just don't care about it, as most PC-only players don't. I have seen the headlines, though, on my news sources, on how Bungie couldn't beat the raid. It always makes me laugh how people think that every developer in a company has played upcoming content all the way through and knows the secrets to everything and all like the back of their hand. Also, they could have failed on purpose, because someone out there was taking notes, somewhere, on how to go through it...

Edited by NoggDog117

Also, commenting on the Destiny expansion: Hear that? That's the sound of all PC gamers (and some console) all going "eh" at the same time...

And even if it did come out, I'm pretty sure most would just be like: 

eh....

Just have to say that removing space battles doesn't help the Battlefront series. In fact I would say that removing content for no apperent reason is a downgrade.

Just have to say that removing space battles doesn't help the Battlefront series. In fact I would say that removing content for no apperent reason is a downgrade.

But there is a reason: DICE is the developer, not Pandemic. DICE is sticking to their guns, because they have a formula that works in Battlefield and is too similar to some of the bits in the original games. It isn't being called a reboot for no reason, some things were too difficult for them.

Besides, I think we all know that we secretly wanted to bomb the cruisers and see the effect on the points struck.

battle front will have no iron sights.... and there it is.. the one good reason to not consider battlefront. This is excusable in a third person shooter but not a first person shooter. And yes I am aware that it does both, before someone pipes in.